Manley Stingray with Songtowers

wiz

Manley Stingray with Songtowers
« on: 31 Mar 2012, 11:37 pm »
Anyone using this combo?
I am FINALLY getting back to listening after many years away (due to young children).
My Stingray arrives Monday, and I can't wait to hear the combo. Just curious if anyone else has experience?
Thanks!!

Vulcan00

• SEM Micrograph of Dendritic Structure
Re: Manley Stingray with Songtowers
« Reply #1 on: 2 Apr 2012, 08:00 pm »
I have never heard the Stingray and Songtowers combination but I know someone who has, Nels Ferre. I spoke with him few years back and at that time he was very positive about that combo.

He has a post in the sticky section. Hit him up, he was very happy to talk to me about Manley.

harrison

wiz

« Reply #2 on: 3 Apr 2012, 12:45 am »
Thanks Vulcan.
My Stingray arrived today...it's fun to just sit and stare at it....
haven't had a chance to hook it up, but, hopefully tomorrow I'll get some free time.
I'll try to track down Nels for his recommendations.

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #3 on: 3 Apr 2012, 02:03 am »
Thanks Vulcan.
My Stingray arrived today...it's fun to just sit and stare at it....
haven't had a chance to hook it up, but, hopefully tomorrow I'll get some free time.
I'll try to track down Nels for his recommendations.

They are indeed gorgeous, Wiz but as a fellow Manley owner, I might just be a bit biased. :wink:
Congratulations - now in the name of all that's holy GET THAT STINGRAY HOOKED UP!!!

D.D.

sebrof

« Reply #4 on: 3 Apr 2012, 02:52 am »
They are indeed gorgeous, Wiz but as a fellow Manley owner, I might just be a bit biased. :wink:
Congratulations - now in the name of all that's holy GET THAT STINGRAY HOOKED UP!!!

D.D.
Same here, but beauty is in the eye...
I just got an Octet of JJ EL84s in my Stingray today to replace the stock EL84M. So far so good, I like them better but I'll give it a few days.