Finally, my introduction

Finally, my introduction
« on: 13 Dec 2015, 05:17 pm »
I've been a lurker for a time and a Hi-Fi nut since a tender age. I've had the same 2-way 15-inch woofer-based JBLs in my home since I was 5-years-old—that means over 55-years. My current system consists of JBL 4345 18-inch-based 4-ways, bi-amped with Crown PS400 and PS200 amps through an Ashly electronic crossover out of an Emotiva XDR-2 DAC and Soundcraftsmen Pro-Control-Four and Pro-EQ-44. I listen exclusively to two-channel audio and mostly to CDs but I am building and adding my CDs and LPs to my lossless digital library and onto one of several iPod Classics and a MacBook Pro with external drives. I've also owned a Nak Dragon since new, two B&O turntables, and a Linn Basik. Got one Thoren's out of my system (literally) maybe 25-years ago.

My secondary and hobby systems include JBL 250ti, 030, L7, L5, L3, L1, 4412A, L150A, L112, L96, Pro-III Plus, LSR305, along with some other JBLs and some Infinity, Mordaunt-Short, and Pioneer speakers to play with for fun. All my amps are solid-state but I do have a McIntosh C20 tube pre-amp I've owned since high-school. I've stockpiled over a dozen Crown amps from the D45, D75, D150, DC300A-II, D150A-II, Power Line Three, to a Studio Reference-II. I also have a couple Carver and Adcom amps and a complete Kyocera system. I'm seldom able to resist a good deal just to play with and compare. Don't remember selling anything within the past several decades but I do have several components and speakers out on loan to friends and neighbors.

I'm always interested in hearing what others use and like, learning about music I've not heard, listening to live music, and I love the ability to build a killer system for reasonable money using vintage gear. Never a day goes by that I don't listen to music in some form.  My tastes run from Steely Dan to Bill Evans and Joe Beck. I love any well-recorded album and the recording quality is almost as important as the musical content. Direct to digital recordings from Chris Whitley and Joe Jackson are some of my favorites. I like my system to transport me into the performance.

I'm probably just like most of you!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Finally, my introduction
« Reply #1 on: 13 Dec 2015, 07:05 pm »
Welcome 4345 :thumb:
Many yeas ago a friend had TI250 and L90, they were nice sound at the time and a hard nut for the amp.
« Last Edit: 14 Dec 2015, 12:27 am by FullRangeMan »

Blackmore

« Reply #2 on: 13 Dec 2015, 07:26 pm »
Welcome and glad you're here with us.

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #3 on: 13 Dec 2015, 07:35 pm »
Welcome! Enjoy AC!

Pete

Guy 13

« Reply #4 on: 13 Dec 2015, 07:41 pm »
A warm welcome to AudioCircle Mr. 4345

Guy 13

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #5 on: 13 Dec 2015, 11:58 pm »
Kudos for hanging on to a speaker system that long. I remember asking my dad for a loan and saying "This will be my LAST pair of speakers - I promise". Not 3-4 months later I heard a pair of Acoustat IIs, ends up I lied.

Rocket_Ronny

TrungT

« Reply #6 on: 14 Dec 2015, 02:04 am »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #7 on: 14 Dec 2015, 03:26 am »
Welcome to AC!

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven