Introducing the mind blowing EVS Ground Enhancers!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Introducing the mind blowing EVS Ground Enhancers!
« Reply #60 on: 19 Nov 2010, 12:44 am »
I'm not that guy either.   :lol:

So the main spots are speakers and amps (ground).  Right?  Then open RCA or XLR on pre? 

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #61 on: 19 Nov 2010, 12:50 am »

So the main spots are speakers and amps (ground).  Right?  Then open RCA or XLR on pre?

Here are the most current intsructions for Ground Enhancer installation.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

raindance

« Reply #62 on: 19 Nov 2010, 01:19 am »
What a complete load of old bollocks. :roll:

Wind Chaser

« Reply #63 on: 19 Nov 2010, 01:57 am »
What a complete load of old bollocks. :roll:

Have you tried them?

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #64 on: 19 Nov 2010, 11:07 pm »

Jason, I can only talk about my system but by putting these little tinnie weenie wire "antennas" on the negative terminals only of my Lorelei's, it has enabled me to utilze full power w/o listening fatigue. While Dave's UberBuss did much to get me there, these little gems have got me over the bump as far as what I can do and where I can do with my computer audio. I have literally no "listener's fatigue" limit now and that's something I have always struggled with because of the excess dynamics that my system carries. The fact that this little wire has done this blows my mind,,, and puts a huge smile on my face.  :D

Now maybe others won't have such an impact that I have had, I can only speak for my own personal situation. Of course I now want to try them out elsewhere but trust me when I say I really have no need to as I couldn't be happier being where I presently am with my sound stage.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Wind Chaser

« Reply #65 on: 19 Nov 2010, 11:15 pm »
Sign me up for two pairs!

Robin, are using the RCA version as well?

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #66 on: 19 Nov 2010, 11:23 pm »
I'm just using 1 hook wire Enhancer on each negative terminal of my loudspeakers, that's it. (for now)  :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

Wind Chaser

« Reply #67 on: 19 Nov 2010, 11:28 pm »
Well I'm impressed with your report, but you do have the advantage of having a nice system!

owenmd

« Reply #68 on: 20 Nov 2010, 12:10 am »
Hi guys,

Well, I just received my two pairs of ground enhancers 3 hours ago and have been listening.  I put one pair on my amp and the other on my speaker terminals negative post.  Color me amazed, but instant change.... but what are they doing...?

Seems more grunge has gone (didn't think I had that much...?) allowing you to hear more inner detail.  Everything sounds more vibrant and decisive with better atmospherics.  The sound stage appears to be a touch more forward and instruments are more vivid.... it appears a touch brighter.... which may be a problem for folks with a bright balance.... but that's just in my system...?  Better separation and imaging and cleaner bass. 

All these things are subtle, but very noticeable and worthwhile.... I appear to be happy with the improvement, so they wont be going back.... thanks Ric.  A no-brainer at the price.   :thumb:

To our friend who likes to use phrases from my homeland.... there's no placebo going on here mate.... or maybe its just the first weekend Guinness taking effect early...?   :lol:

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #69 on: 20 Nov 2010, 12:31 am »
Hi guys,

Well, I just received my two pairs of ground enhancers 3 hours ago and have been listening.  I put one pair on my amp and the other on my speaker terminals negative post.  Color me amazed, but instant change.... but what are they doing...?

Seems more grunge has gone (didn't think I had that much...?) allowing you to hear more inner detail.  Everything sounds more vibrant and decisive with better atmospherics.  The sound stage appears to be a touch more forward and instruments are more vivid.... it appears a touch brighter.... which may be a problem for folks with a bright balance.... but that's just in my system...?  Better separation and imaging and cleaner bass. 

All these things are subtle, but very noticeable and worthwhile.... I appear to be happy with the improvement, so they wont be going back.... thanks Ric.  A no-brainer at the price.   :thumb:

To our friend who likes to use phrases from my homeland.... there's no placebo going on here mate.... or maybe its just the first weekend Guinness taking effect early...?   :lol:

You have actually just started the ~acclimation~ process, I'm willing to bet you'll see some taming take place as time goes on. I've been playing my system 24/7 for 2 days now, mainly cuz I've been waiting for the exhilaration to wear off but just the opposite has been happening. That makes me very very happy for the long term. I hope you'll have the same reaction in the next day or so.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Ric Schultz

« Reply #70 on: 20 Nov 2010, 02:52 am »
I talked to (well emailed) my software company and they told me to do small text objects instead of one large one.  Well, I did that and the GE page now works fine on Google Chrome where it did not before.  Let me know if it works on all other browsers...there is something else I can try if there is still a problem.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #71 on: 20 Nov 2010, 03:09 am »
It's worse than it was before on my MSN Explorer Rick but I checked out the site on IE8 and it's perfect.  :thumb: 

I know which browser I'll be using.  :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

mdfoy

« Reply #72 on: 20 Nov 2010, 03:52 am »
Sounds realy good.  :o

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #73 on: 20 Nov 2010, 04:31 am »
Ric,
The website looks fine on Google Chrome, but is a mess of overlayed print and pictures on Mozilla Firefox (my standard browser).

I'll get my two pairs of GE's sometime this week.   :thumb:

raindance

« Reply #74 on: 20 Nov 2010, 01:38 pm »
Have you tried them?

Explain why I should try a product that produces no measurable effect and is based on a theory no one can explain? It CANNOT DO ANYTHING as there is no electrical circuit created.

mfsoa

« Reply #75 on: 20 Nov 2010, 01:59 pm »
Clearly, you should not buy this product.
-Mike

Philistine

« Reply #76 on: 20 Nov 2010, 02:11 pm »
The GE page works fine on Safari.....

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #77 on: 20 Nov 2010, 02:42 pm »
Explain why I should try a product that produces no measurable effect and is based on a theory no one can explain? It CANNOT DO ANYTHING as there is no electrical circuit created.

No need to try a thing, as its your money. no need to sway your opinion either. We hear a difference for the good so please don't rain on our parade thankyou. No fighting no arguements as our hands on experiemce tells a different story.
  So for the good of the thread please let us be. Thank you.

charles

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #78 on: 20 Nov 2010, 02:44 pm »
1) Money Back Guarantee
2) It might improve the sound of your system
3) Money Back Guarantee
4) Curiosity
5) Money Back Guarantee
6) Just because you can..... :thumb:

Charles Xavier

« Reply #79 on: 20 Nov 2010, 02:47 pm »
Ric finally emailed me back and said to try it on both sides and see which sound better

What if the phase is inverted? Would you put them on the positive terminals? 

I tried them both ways
I get results on the negative side of the speaker terminal. Darker background ,cleaner sound ,tighter bass and more detail. The other side the music was harsh and in your face.