How to Clean a Spin Clean?

ACHiPo

How to Clean a Spin Clean?
« on: 24 Oct 2016, 10:51 pm »
I've had a Spin Clean for over a year now, and have been very happy with the results using the Spin Clean as a pre-clean for my Nitty Gritty record vacuum. Every 30-40 records I dump out the solution, rinse and dry the pads and rollers, and clean the gunk in the bottom of the trough the best I can (which isn't very good).

I was wondering if anybody's tried running the Spin Clean trough through a dishwasher? Seems like it wouldn't hurt anything, but thought I'd check around first.

Thanks,
AC

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
Re: How to Clean a Spin Clean?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Oct 2016, 10:59 pm »
Don't own a mechanical dishwasher, so the answer is no. I use a bottle washer/glass washer to wash the tank. Works fairly well. I use a brush that came with a Discwasher to clean the pads. I, like you, use mine to clean really dirty records before putting it on the RCM, a VPI 16.5

Doc

ACHiPo

Re: How to Clean a Spin Clean?
« Reply #2 on: 25 Oct 2016, 03:52 am »
Don't own a mechanical dishwasher, so the answer is no. I use a bottle washer/glass washer to wash the tank. Works fairly well. I use a brush that came with a Discwasher to clean the pads. I, like you, use mine to clean really dirty records before putting it on the RCM, a VPI 16.5

Doc
Doc,
Thanks.  That reminds me I've got a microfiber flexible brush for cleaning wine caraffes that could work well.  There are so many sharp inside corners, though, that are hard to get to.

After I posted this I thought to contact the company.  Hopefully I'll hear back from them tomorrow.  I'll post what I find out.

AC