Bryston Loudspeakers

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bryston Loudspeakers
« Reply #2500 on: 28 Dec 2016, 05:19 pm »
Hi Pascal

How did you make out with the Mini T speakers at Audio Ark?

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2501 on: 9 Jan 2017, 12:08 am »
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT:  Bryston Mini A Speaker – Customer Feedback

January 2017

Hi Folks,

Hi James

I have been listening to the Mini A speakers for about a week now. I would like to give you some of my personal feedback.

BRYSTON MINI A SPEAKERS - NATURAL CHERRY

These speakers have excellent imaging and the sound stage is both wide and deep. The bass is very detailed with no boomy sound. They seem to be very tolerant to speaker location not having a major impact on sound quality.

Bottom line the Mini A’s are an incredible speaker for the money.

I bought the speakers without listening to them, but spending a week with the Mini A I know I made the right decision.

I'm looking forward to getting the mini T, TC1 and the Mini T sub.

Cheers
Joe Cappello

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2502 on: 15 Jan 2017, 05:31 pm »
SUBJECT: Bryston Mini T Speakers - Feedback

January 2016

Bryston Mini-T (Initial impressions)

Thanks to Ivan, I am now the proud new owner of a set of Bryston Mini-T's

I received them Friday the thirteenth (I know, if I was superstitious, I wouldn't do anything until Saturday, however I couldn't wait), took tons of pictures of the unboxing and set up, once I had them in place and ready to go, I turned on my stereo system and away we went.

I had my Sonus Faber' as my front speakers previously and a REL III for deep bass. Over the couple of years of having this set up, there was a distinct noticeable unblended sound with this configuration.

I have used my Pioneer MCACC to balance them and tuned per the directions both in the REL III manual, as well as, Simko online directions on how to properly set the REL III for harmonious play with a set of speakers.

Unfortunately, I never found a blended sound, the REL stood out by itself as it was always a noticeable separation between the two; or there was an inherent lack of bass when I de-tuned the REL to much.

Fast forward to Friday (1/13), I slowly built the Target Audio stands, even using a square to make sure the posts are all perfectly aligned. (I'm a little OCD). I then bothered Ivan trying to figure out how to properly attach the Mini-T's to these incredible speaker stands...Once I got clear guidance on how to mechanically attach the Mini-T's to the Target Audio MR stands. I set the speakers where I thought they would sound best and fired up the system. I put n a CD recommended by Ivan (Hell Freezes Over (K2 HD Master Import) and started listening, I did not use the Pioneer MCACC set up prior.

My first immediate impressions was that the REL had disappeared it had somehow disappeared or blended seamlessly into the soundstage. There was a clear harmonious sound, then the overall sound/voices/instruments were crisp, clear, and flowed smoothly out of the enclosures. I played the CD at a soft low volume to not hurt/damage the speaker (I'm nervous, never spent this kind of money for a set of speakers) I listened to the entire CD and was just amazed how it sounded...Then came a multi-channel bluray of Chris Botti at Boston, what a sonic inspiration. I can't wait for the speakers to settle in and then really enjoy the sound...I can't wait to use the Pioneer to truly set the soundstage and get the delays, the balance, and the presence set for the entire system.

Unknowingly, I started a religious war on asking a question about the speakers burn in (didn't know this was taboo, like asking what oil to use in a motorcycle on other forums) It does however make sense that the materials used in anything new require some period of time to break in, settle in, or burn in. So, I am running the Mini-T' as much as I can to get them a little loosed up to then enjoy some rather louder music.

Finally, I am just in ‘AWE’ of the incredible sound, clarity, and how the Mini-T’s immediately blended without any adjustment or modifications, I can only imagine what these speakers will do and will sound once they settle in and get configured to harmoniously integrate all the pieces to make an incredible audio and video dream...

I currently have roughly 20 hours on the speakers and they appear to be presenting a well-rounded sound, going to watch Black Hawk Down this afternoon and see how that sounds...

Joe Schmoe 

Pioneer SC-65 (as pre-amp), Anthem PVA-7, Bryston Mini-T Speakers, Sonus Faber Concertino Speakers, Sonus Faber Solo Center Channel Speaker, REL Stadium III Sub-Bass System, Oppo BDP-105 Blu-Ray, Synology DS412+, and Sonos.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2503 on: 18 Jan 2017, 06:42 pm »
SUBJECT: New Bryston Active Speaker Dealer

January 2017

Hi Folks,

I am very pleased to announce a dedicated Bryston Active Speaker Dealer.

Welcome to:  ‘Pulsworks Audio Arts in Saskatoon, SK’

David will have a fully active Bryston system on display consisting of the following:

•   Bryston Model T Active Speakers.

•   Bryston BAX 3-way Active Digital Crossover.

•   Custom Bryston three channel amplifier per speaker.

Having a dedicated listening room to allow customers to hear how much better Active Speakers can sound is paramount and I thank David for his commitment to this concept.

In a market where customers are asking for more value added from their dealer the in home active Bryston speaker system is a perfect fit.

James Tanner
Bryston

mr_bill

« Reply #2504 on: 18 Jan 2017, 10:28 pm »
James,
Are the amps built in to the speaker or external?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2505 on: 18 Jan 2017, 10:39 pm »
James,
Are the amps built in to the speaker or external?

External.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2506 on: 24 Jan 2017, 04:37 pm »
Hi Folks,

Just a heads up - the Bryston speakers are going up about 10% next month.

james
« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2017, 07:47 pm by James Tanner »

adol290

« Reply #2507 on: 24 Jan 2017, 06:26 pm »
James,

What are these "Custom Bryston three channel amplifiers".

Are they made just for the dealer, or can they be ordered.

Also Specs on them.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2508 on: 24 Jan 2017, 06:59 pm »
James,

What are these "Custom Bryston three channel amplifiers".

Are they made just for the dealer, or can they be ordered.

Also Specs on them.

Hi

I wanted to have a dedicated 3 channel amplifier for the new Active Model T's so I am building an amplifier which will be the size of a current 14B.

One side will be a 7B channel and the other side will be two 4B channels. The rear panel will have 3 Balanced and single ended inputs and 3 sets of 5-way binding posts out and will be labelled Woofer/Mid/Tweeter.

james

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #2509 on: 24 Jan 2017, 07:26 pm »
Oooh! Could be fun for home theater (center/surround) too! That plus a 14B (or two 7B's) would cover all my music AND home theater desires for a LONG time!

adol290

« Reply #2510 on: 24 Jan 2017, 08:42 pm »
Hi

I wanted to have a dedicated 3 channel amplifier for the new Active Model T's so I am building an amplifier which will be the size of a current 14B.

One side will be a 7B channel and the other side will be two 4B channels. The rear panel will have 3 Balanced and single ended inputs and 3 sets of 5-way binding posts out and will be labelled Woofer/Mid/Tweeter.

james

So you would need 2 of these.

That would mean the cost would be around 20K just for the two amplifiers.  :o

Plus the cost of the active crossover...

« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2017, 10:15 pm by adol290 »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2511 on: 24 Jan 2017, 10:27 pm »
So you would need 2 of these.

That would mean the cost would be around 20K just for the two amplifiers.  :o

Plus the cost of the active crossover...

Yes plus the Model T speakers would put a state of the art active system at about $30,000 - a bargin !!!

james

adol290

« Reply #2512 on: 25 Jan 2017, 05:16 pm »
James,

Can the BAX 3-way Active Digital Crossover be ordered now.

What is the retail price?

Will there be a program to trade in our external crossovers...

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2513 on: 25 Jan 2017, 06:22 pm »
James,

Can the BAX 3-way Active Digital Crossover be ordered now.

What is the retail price?

Will there be a program to trade in our external crossovers...

Hi

The crossovers are almost ready - have 6 on order - be about 3 more weeks.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2514 on: 26 Jan 2017, 01:47 pm »
Hi Folks,

Just a note to update the progression of the impression, as well as, the break in period on my new Bryston Mini T Speakers.

The sound is getting richer, volume (technically gain) is increasing with no noticeable distortion, all instruments sound like they are right in front of me; as if being at a concert. Currently, I'm listening to the McIntosh SACD DSD demo on the Oppo. Each instrument can be singled out, the lows are low and the highs are high crisp and all of it is clear as a Caribbean scuba dive.

Seems like the speakers are loosening up and the sound is enveloping me and the room. The REL III has disappeared, still blending perfectly with the lows of the Mini-Ts. There is no harsh separation between them anymore.

It is sonic bliss!

Once, I save up another $1000 I'll re-wire my room with Blue Jean cables, I'll Bi-Amp my Mini-Ts. Turns out my Pioneer SC-65 is capable of this function if not running a 9.2 set up; which I'm not nor plan too. So Bi-Amp and a 7.1 set up will be my final configuration for a while until my wallet heals...

So thank you, Ivan you were spot on with your assessment of my audio gear and it working well with the Mini-Ts...

Joe Schmoe 

Pioneer SC-65 (as pre-amp), Anthem PVA-7, Bryston Mini-T Speakers, Sonus Faber Concertino Speakers, Sonus Faber Solo Center Channel Speaker, REL Stadium III Sub-Bass System, Oppo BDP-105 Blu-Ray, Synology DS412+, and Sonos.

martydmnt

« Reply #2515 on: 26 Jan 2017, 03:07 pm »
Yes plus the Model T speakers would put a state of the art active system at about $30,000 - a bargin !!!

Bargain is relative, but $30k is 5-10x less than some of the "statement" speakers that the various audio magazines reported on at CES!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2516 on: 26 Jan 2017, 03:14 pm »
Bargain is relative, but $30k is 5-10x less than some of the "statement" speakers that the various audio magazines reported on at CES!

HI

Yes thats my point - when you look at what improved performance level is possible with a well designed active system $30,000 is very reasonable in the scale of things.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2517 on: 24 Feb 2017, 01:04 pm »
SUBJECT:  Bryston A1 Speaker – Customer Feedback

February 2017

Hi James

Love the Bryston A1 speakers.  They sound great! You guys did a great job developing these.

I had (EDIT) speakers before these but I think I did things a little backwards. 

I purchased the (EDIT) speakers not expecting to change my system.  My wife then suggested that I upgrade the rest of the stereo.  After a lot of research, I then purchased the Bryston Pre-Amp and Power Amp. The (EDIT) speakers were very bright.

Then I purchased the Bryston A1 speakers and there was a noticeable improvement from first listening.  The high frequency was improved and much better base and mid-range.  Probably the better base and mid-range had as much to do with the improvement as anything else simply because I am hearing more of the music (at least that’s my thought and I am no expert. 

I just know what I like in sound and what I don’t).  I purchased the speakers at Audio Eden in Aurora.  They were great to work with.

I had not experienced the “bright” sound before so I googled it on the internet and found that I was not the only person to fall into this trap.  I tried all the simpler fixes such as interconnect cables etc.  Finally decided that I needed to change the speakers. 

Glad I did!

George

stereobear

« Reply #2518 on: 17 Mar 2017, 09:45 pm »

I am considering either the A2 or Middle T speakers.  What are the sound differences between these different models?

My room is 11 feet by 16 feet by 8 feet.  Which speaker would be more appropriate?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2519 on: 17 Mar 2017, 11:48 pm »
I am considering either the A2 or Middle T speakers.  What are the sound differences between these different models?

My room is 11 feet by 16 feet by 8 feet.  Which speaker would be more appropriate?

Hi Stereobear

They are very close in that the sound power response is almost identical. 

The A2 will play louder with less distortion due to the extra Tweeter and Mid but the Middle T will go lower and have a bit more resolution and micro detail through the audio band.

So a lot will depend on the type of music you generally listen too and the levels you listen at.

Its not a big room so I do not think either speaker would ever be stressed.

james