SYMPHONIC LINE

TAULISA

SYMPHONIC LINE
« on: 5 Mar 2015, 12:12 pm »
As an Audio Circle Odyssey Audio enthusiast from Florence Italy it is a real pity as time rolls by over the years that no comments, remarks are being made with regards to Symphonic Line brand being the Godfather of Odyssey Audio family !
Oddly enough a friend of mine also member of Audio Circle paid me a visit last week with his wife during their vacation in Italy and took the opportunity of  auditioning in my system the Symphonic Line Kraft 250 mono blocks I borrowed from Germany.
Needless to say, the impression of this guy was:
Auditioned several Odyssey Audio monoblocks from Stratos generation onwards but nothing compares to Symphonic Line Kraft 250 mono blocks.
You really feel the music essence going far beyond the world Odyssey Audio !

Bottom line:
I believe that not everybody can afford Symphnic Line mono blocks unless you find a couple of used ones, but why not have Klaus try them out somehow and discover what's beyond the sound of Odyssey Audio wishing we could all afford them someday, why not ???????????

Chrisandalex1

Re: SYMPHONIC LINE
« Reply #1 on: 5 Mar 2015, 01:42 pm »
Klaus has always said that the symphonic line is the holy grail of amplifiers in his opinion.  As a matter of fact he has gone out of his way, in my case, to share how fantastic they are and that if I can afford them that I should get them immediately.

TAULISA

« Reply #2 on: 5 Mar 2015, 02:14 pm »
If hooked with a Class A tube preamplifier I would appreciate your acquainting me with all comments starting from sound imaging etc. etc.
Believe it or not the sound will be ....... SURPISE !
First, audition carefully and state your comments after a week's time !

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #3 on: 5 Mar 2015, 02:22 pm »
I have 4 of Klaus's Kismet amps being made right now.  I should have them in my system and breaking them in around the 29th of this month.  I can't wait to give my impressions.

I would also love to have the opportunity to audition Symphonic Line in my home.  If they would like to send them to Mexico for me I am in.

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #4 on: 5 Mar 2015, 02:24 pm »
I am not hooked with a class A tube Pre, but many are suggesting that I consider this.

I have the Bryston SP3 preamp.

TAULISA

« Reply #5 on: 5 Mar 2015, 04:26 pm »
Try this First Sound MkII Class "A" tube preamplifier !
It's been hooked alternatively in my system with both Odyssey Audio Stratos and Symphonic Line Kraft 250 mono blocks since 2001.

TAULISA

« Reply #6 on: 5 Mar 2015, 04:30 pm »
Sorry to be honest with Symphonic Line Kraft 250 mono blocks  since a couple of years !

Arcticdeth

« Reply #7 on: 25 Apr 2015, 12:07 pm »
if they were a LOT less expensive, people would buy them. I will NEVER be able to afford these.
Theyt are ONLY for the fortunate, and the rich. which neither of those is me.
I am typical poor white trash, and it sucks !  :D    :(

TAULISA

« Reply #8 on: 27 Apr 2015, 07:39 am »
Hi there !

Agree with you !

But if you get moving and searching alongside the web you can get hold of any affordable used pair of monoblocks as I did quite awhile ago !
That's the way things are meant to be in Hi-End !

Toby

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #9 on: 27 Apr 2015, 04:50 pm »
Try this First Sound MkII Class "A" tube preamplifier !
It's been hooked alternatively in my system with both Odyssey Audio Stratos and Symphonic Line Kraft 250 mono blocks since 2001.

That is the best preamp I've heard, regardless of price. 

jkm

« Reply #10 on: 31 May 2015, 03:40 pm »
What's the price of the First Sound MkII preamp?

ACHiPo

« Reply #11 on: 31 May 2015, 05:12 pm »
The Mark III is a "modest" $5400 from this 6 Moons review...
6 Moons Review of First Sound Mark III Preamp