LaHave Mela SOTA stand mount speakers in mahogany burl $2300 obo.

jonbee

Audio boredom has gained the upper hand and I've decided to do what I never thought I would- sell the best stand mount I've ever owned. The sound is marvelous and the mahogany burl finish is to die for.
This robust stand mount uses a 7" Seas Excel Nextel cone woofer coupled to a side mounted passive radiator, and the latest version of the amazing Ted Jordan designed 50MM wide range driver. This is a no compromise 2 way, as each driver is working well within its' optimum range.
Their size is 18hx11dx9w, weight about 30 lbs. ea. These were purchase new in 2013. I am the second owner.
Note on color: the pics are more orange and a bit lighter than the speakers themselves. The speakers are a bit darker, and more reddish-brown than the pics.

Discussion here:
https://forum.audiogon.com/search/index?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=mela
What do they sound like? The Jordan drivers have extreme linearity over a huge range, +- 1 db from 150hz. to beyond audibility, and they are lightning fast. They sound like a good 'stat or ribbon. The Seas Excel woofer is also very flat and low distortion. Combined at a very comfortable 1800- 2khz. or so, they are fast, detailed and open, but with engaging midrange body as well. They are blended very well in these speakers. They throw a 3d image well outside the speakers as well as anything I've owned,  and are smooth and easy on the ears. System response in the important range where most music lives is +- 1.5 dB from 200 Hz - 7000 Hz. Efficiency is medium at 87.5 dB 1W/1m. I've had good results with 30 WPC in a small to medium room, but with this level of resolution quality counts on the front end.
When I bought them I wanted the same quality as my $10k+ floorstanders in a smaller system, and these deliver just that.
I've owned these about 4 years, a VERY long time for me - possibly a record for the 275 pairs of quality speakers I've owned. I listen to them every day and love every minute. They are the finest standmount speaker I've ever heard or seen in my 50 years in this hobby, and that is saying a lot. In the range they cover (above 40 hz. or so) they offer competition to my $17,500 Avalon Opus floorstanders with their Accuton ceramic drivers.
They are in near mint condition, with only stand marks on the bottoms and 1 or 2 nearly invisible marks elsewhere.
I've written a review here a while back, with lots of details.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=138695.msg1476692#msg1476692
They will ship in the very heavy wooden crate they came in, double boxed, ~ 100 lbs. ship weight.
List price was $6500 new, and while expensive that is less than any true competitor I know of.
You will consider yourself lucky to own these jewels. I have.
Google LaHave Mela.
Thanks for having a look!
« Last Edit: 28 Jul 2019, 11:21 pm by jonbee »

Goosepond

• Virna!
PM sent!!!

Gene

Beatlebum

PM sent.

Thanks,

Tim