Dayton 8 w/ Alpha 15a leftover parts and inexpensive $400 for the newbie

jparkhur

Over the holiday I need to put to use leftover parts as I had sold everything off and no one wanted this stuff.  I glued some added maple to a empty baffle I had to make it 18 inches across, left the 8 inch hole at top, cut two 14 inch holes for the bass drivers, drilled a galvanized pipe footer to each bottom section and stuck a piece on one ft pipe in for feet.  Total cost today from parts express $400 dollars plus some sub amps if you want them.  There are always improvements to each driver or baffle wings etc, I threw it together so I didn’t feel guilty about parts laying around.   

jparkhur

Sorry not selling them just put cost in title for those to think about.

richidoo

They look very pretty, and nice woodworking job jparkhur.
I bet it's a nice full sound. Active xo?

TrungT

Very nice build. :thumb:

DeeAlfred

They look great! What wood did you use for the Baffle?
I would have suggestet rearmounting the drivers. Think it yould have made them look a little smaller.

Nice Job!

jparkhur

Maple..  I mounted back so I did not have to cut hole perfect.   My last ones mounted from rear.. 

ANDREY MAXIMOV

Why didn't write what Dayton?

jparkhur

srb

Why didn't write what Dayton?

True, but it did fit into an existing 8" cutout and from the photo clearly looked like some kind of full-range driver with a whizzer cone and a phase plug.

Anyway, here is the link:

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-ps220-8-8-point-source-full-range-neo-driver--295-346

ANDREY MAXIMOV

Frequency undressed? Order what filters?