Lampizator Komputer

PhilipAC

Lampizator Komputer
« on: 14 Sep 2016, 11:31 am »
Hi everyone

Why have there been no reviews of the Komputer? (I have one and love it.)

Philip

dpatters

Re: Lampizator Komputer
« Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 2016, 11:43 am »
Why don't you write one :D

jriggy

« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2016, 12:47 pm »

OzarkTom

« Reply #3 on: 14 Sep 2016, 01:55 pm »
I guess everyone here knows that ŁukasZ built units are always the best. :thumb:

PhilipAC

« Reply #4 on: 14 Sep 2016, 06:21 pm »
Why don't you write one :D

You're right!! I will. Good point!

PhilipAC

« Reply #5 on: 14 Sep 2016, 06:22 pm »
I do- but this was a beta version. But thanks for pointing it out.

PhilipAC

« Reply #6 on: 14 Sep 2016, 08:33 pm »
It has been suggested that I review my Komputer. Here goes.

Leaving aside my source, my system is as follows: Golden Gate HeadDAC with VC, Tektron Parallel SE 300B power amp using EML tubes, FP6 hornsPL speakers, Thiel SS2 sub, Sennheiser HD800 cans, Gigawatt EVO P4 power conditioner, Verictum power cables and Albedo Metamorphosis USB, interconnects and speaker cables.

My previous source was an Aurender W20 and this was my comparator. My main reasons for changing were that the W20 didn't do DSD256 and didn't fully function with files bigger than 2Gb ( quite a few Mahler and Bruckner files exceeded 2 Gb, especially at DSD256).

I found my W20 to be wonderful. As stated above, my reasons for trying the Komputer were functional rather than disappointment with SQ. I have found my Komputer to be equally user-friendly (using Daphile) and at least as beautiful in SQ. And my Komputer will I think be more upgradeable in future. And I have a deep emotional attachment to Lampizator, and my UK distributor/friend Greg Drygala at gpoint audio.

So this isn't a review saying it knocked the socks off the W20, but I think it is at least as good at ( I believe) roughly half the price and with easier future upgradeability. But I don't regret at all my ownership of the W20, and Eric's online support was great.

Any comments/questions welcome.

Philip

Gopher

« Reply #7 on: 12 Oct 2016, 02:13 pm »

EscritorJuan

« Reply #8 on: 12 Oct 2016, 06:51 pm »
Doh!  I just saw Gopher's post after I posted a link to my review.  I've just removed mine. 

Thanks, Gopher!

Cheers,

Juan C. Ayllon

PhilipAC

« Reply #9 on: 22 Oct 2016, 04:27 pm »
Hi all

As you will know (as I started this thread!), I have a Komputer. And I love it.

But Lukasz has now produces a "Supercomputer" with improved specs and space for 4 SSD hard drives (I need 8Tb, so 4X2Tb SSDs would be fine).

Has anyone heard both enough to compare them? Upgrade, upgrade, money, money.....!!

I guess I would go for the upgrade if the difference was significant. Any help, any body?

Cheers

Philip

ricardoosusa

« Reply #10 on: 8 Apr 2017, 12:15 am »
 I have build something similar myself and decided to go completely fan-less, used the same case. Made a difference for sure on the system. I am sure his supercomputer is better build.

Abedirov

« Reply #11 on: 19 Apr 2017, 10:00 am »
I have the latest Superkomputer.  Here is a link to the WBF thread with some pictures: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?22297-Lampizator-Superkomputer/page4
Currently converting all content to DSD128 with the latest HQPlayer polysinc extreme filter. Very happy with the sound.
I've also compared the Superkomputer to the latest Antipodes DX. Very hard decision to make.  Will have to do further testing.

wisnon

« Reply #12 on: 19 Apr 2017, 03:52 pm »
Hi,

Is DSD128 with xtr filter better than DSD512 with the older filters, ie -2 and non -2?

I hear DSD256 for Linux is only a short time in coming now!