Salksound Soundscape 8 center for sale or trade. No longer for sale

Austin08

Recently I post this for sale along with my SS8 tower. Now I decide to sell this center seperately and keep my tower. I will deliver this monster to anywhere  in a distance of  150- 200 mile from 19044. If you have a pair of Song tower or  Song center ,or something similar and would like a trade, I am willing to make it work. The asking price is marely a bit over the material cost alone so the price is firm. I post it here so my fellow Salk would easier to get notice. Jim please move it to The Trading Circle if you feel like this post is inappropriate. Thanks, Quan.

« Last Edit: 8 Mar 2015, 05:28 am by Austin08 »

Rooster19

Re: Salksound Soundscape 8 center for sale or trade.
« Reply #1 on: 10 Dec 2014, 09:12 pm »
Hmm---I'm assuming this beast must offer excellent dialogue clarity. Would this timbre match with songtower QWT's?

Austin08

« Reply #2 on: 10 Dec 2014, 09:42 pm »
Hmm---I'm assuming this beast must offer excellent dialogue clarity. Would this timbre match with songtower QWT's?

Hello, i guess their sound should be similar but you have to ask Jim to get straight answer.

Cheer,
Quan

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 11 Dec 2014, 03:51 am »
There's no doubt that it is a great (among the very best) center channel but Salk makes one for the QWT's - http://www.salksound.com/songtcenter%20home.htm

Rooster19

« Reply #4 on: 13 Dec 2014, 07:48 pm »
yup - I had the sogcenter for a period of time. Very good, no doubt. But I'm always looking for the "next big thing" so curious as to how the ss8 would compare to the songcenter

jsalk

« Reply #5 on: 16 Dec 2014, 06:46 pm »
yup - I had the sogcenter for a period of time. Very good, no doubt. But I'm always looking for the "next big thing" so curious as to how the ss8 would compare to the songcenter

There is really no comparison.  This is basically an SS8 in a horizontal cabinet.  The RAAL ribbon tweeter means the top end would be more extended and more transparent. The Accuton midrange will keep dialogue extremely clear and detailed.  The the woofer section plays down to 25Hz. The result is an extremely competent full-range center channel.

As for your question about timbre matching, all of our speakers are voiced very similarly.  I used this center in my home theater with a pair of SongTower ST's for a while and the combination never called attention to itself.  I don't see any issues with that combination.

I hope this helps.

- Jim

Rooster19

« Reply #6 on: 17 Dec 2014, 08:04 pm »
There is really no comparison.  This is basically an SS8 in a horizontal cabinet.  The RAAL ribbon tweeter means the top end would be more extended and more transparent. The Accuton midrange will keep dialogue extremely clear and detailed.  The the woofer section plays down to 25Hz. The result is an extremely competent full-range center channel.

As for your question about timbre matching, all of our speakers are voiced very similarly.  I used this center in my home theater with a pair of SongTower ST's for a while and the combination never called attention to itself.  I don't see any issues with that combination.

I hope this helps.

- Jim

It does - thanks very much.

as a follow-up - can you do a grill that would cover all the drivers? (to keep away curious little 5yo hands....)

jsalk

« Reply #7 on: 18 Dec 2014, 11:33 am »
There should be a grill included with the center channel.  If not, we can fabricate a new one.

- Jim

Audiophonicshz

« Reply #8 on: 19 Dec 2014, 04:16 pm »
Is this center still available? What is the veneer/finish? PM me, I'm interested!

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
Austin

if you decide to sell the center let me know

thanks

Austin08

Austin

if you decide to sell the center let me know

thanks

Tom,

Thanks for asking. I decided to keep it around for a bit longer (even though I rarely use it)

dbx

If this comes up for sale again, I would be interested.

Thanks.