Introduction

hdrider

Introduction
« on: 28 Feb 2015, 04:15 pm »
New member here, and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Chris and live in the Santa Cruz mountain's in Cal. I sold all my previous preamp, power amp and DAC and purchased a Decware Rachael and ZP3 phono stage at the end of last October and they are breaking in very well. I am now in the process of selling off additional gear and accessories and my main speakers to fund some Omega Super 7XRS Mk2 speakers and then the addition of one of the Omega subs. I have been pretty active on the Decware forum and reading info on this for a short while. Looking forward to learning and interacting with this group. Have a great weekend and happy listening, Chris.

guillaume bougard

Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 1 Mar 2015, 10:49 pm »
Hi Chris

welcome to the Omega Speakers forum.

I have a Torii MK4 and a pair of 7XRS MK1's and life is wonderful. I just need to hook up my Thorens 124MKII and life will be even more wonderful. right now, I have just hooked up a bluetooth Audioengine dac to play stuff from my mac. I also have a nice Marantz cd/Bluray/DVD player as well as a ipod + Ray Samuels Intruder amp/dac but I hardly ever play those.

In any case, the Omega + Decware combination is freaking awesome.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 1 Mar 2015, 11:13 pm »
Hi Chris, welcome to the cult...  oops, I mean club!  :green:

Capt. Yossarian

« Reply #3 on: 2 Mar 2015, 12:31 am »
HD Rider --

You're in for a very special experience with Omegas. Louis has a magnificent product here, and you'll have a long, long time to enjoy just how great they can be.

One issue I have, though (maybe just my own idiosyncrasy), is with the need for a subwhoofer. If I were starting fresh, I would instead purchase the Super Alnico XRS (http://www.omegaspeakers.com/superalnicoxrs.html), which goes down to a respectable 35 Hz, and skip the subwhoofer. It'll cost about the same, but it'll look better and likely produce the kind of low end you're looking for just as it is. I've got the Super 3S (goes down to 38 Hz), and they're just great even at the low end.

Just a thought … and welcome to the Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad world of Omega and SET. You're in for a wonderful ride.

Ciao.

milford3

« Reply #4 on: 2 Mar 2015, 01:04 am »

I have the Omega Hoyt Bedford Type 1's. Yes, It's a mad mad mad mad world.

beowulf

« Reply #5 on: 2 Mar 2015, 09:44 am »
Hey hdrider ... nice to see you made it over here as well. :thumb: Decware and Omega are a great match.  A lot of guys run these 2 brands together (including yours truly :D) and find the pairing exceptional.

hdrider

« Reply #6 on: 3 Mar 2015, 02:24 am »
Thanks for the warm welcome (must be the tubes that generate the warmth…). I see a few familiar user names from Decware forum and that is how I found out about Omega. Thanks for the suggestions/advice regarding the sub, and it may be an addition later depending about which way I go on the speakers/finish. Since my wife is remodeling the downstairs and installing hardwood floor (yes I know the reflections will be a problem and she is prepped for area rugs and some wall treatments) so as usual it all comes down to the dollars. It will all be a massive move forward as the ZP3 and Rachael have been and I am very excited about it. Should have a finish sample here tomorrow for her approval (Olivewood) or I will default to the walnut to match the Decware bases. Thanks again and happy listening, Chris.