UberBuss verses ?

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Re: UberBuss verses ?
« Reply #20 on: 26 May 2015, 06:04 pm »
Thanks for the replies, gentlemen.  I wanted to stay out of it and let the end user determine the direction of the thread.

One thing that stuck out at me in this thread and in my past history:The UberBUSS is probably one of the very, very few that enhances dynamics - both micro and macro - with incredibly low coloration.  It is impossible to design a zero coloration device... everything has a sound.  Without the dynamic contrasts that convey the "feel" of the music we are left with Muzak. 

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #21 on: 26 May 2015, 06:46 pm »
What is the Shunyata coffee can of stuff supposed to do?
They are short lengths of Jeffries Tubes from the starship Enterprise   :)  .  I think they used to call their mix Stardust.  Looks like a copper core surrounding and interspersed with some piezoelectric mix of materials.  We used to have a couple of 55gal drums in the Philips Fab here in Albuquerque for wafers with blown processes.  These were sold to other companies to grind for down market applications like photovoltaic cells and RFI suppression module manufacture.  Old technology still works. The wafers that were the most valuable were the ones wasted after implant. They had high percentages of semiconducting materials imbedded and were quite reactive.  Even lubricating graphite is a semiconductor at the right frequency. 

Recipes for piezo based RFI absorbers are determined by the frequency range and the Q of conduction.  Silicon carbide, tourmaline, quartz, carbon fiber millings, graphite, antimony, ferric and ferrous oxides - all are players along with other materials.  When constructing an RF absorber it is good to balance the N-type and the P-type materials to provide the broadest band performance.  Every time one of those particles turns on or off there is energy absorbed.  Even so, these types of absorbers are not particularly effective at low (audio) frequencies. 

xsb7244

« Reply #22 on: 26 May 2015, 07:31 pm »
Anybody hear of the Jena Labs Sequoia power conditioner for $14,000?

Has P.I.  audio group started the Audible Difference power conditioner?

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #23 on: 26 May 2015, 07:41 pm »

Yes we have.  You will see the Audible Difference this year at RMAF.

The Sequoia?  Seen it, haven't heard one.

jhm731

« Reply #24 on: 26 May 2015, 07:46 pm »

SMc Audio just top them with their new $16K HI Fi One AC Nexus Reference Power Enhancer:

- Cost no-object engineering, component selection, and execution

Designed for use in the worlds finest systems. Effectively enhances power delivery and ground quality without the negative effects of poor quality components and the current limiting of coils and transformers

• Proprietary enhanced grounding configuration with ultra-hi-purity copper bus and Cardas unplated copper grounding posts.

• Duelund silver capacitors and silver wire, with ultra-pure copper wiring throughout

• Bocchino Mariner 10 IEC connector for maximum power transfer and unlimited current capability

• Stillpoints vibration technology throughout, including Ultra SS isolator feet and standoffs

• Furutech GTX AC receptacles, back plate and carbon fiber cover plates

• Rigid, inert, unibody construction forms an ideal housing

• Passive operation, unrivaled transparency and neutrality withincredible dynamic expression

• Allows your equipment to finally achieve its full sonic potential and delivers a richness of musical information not previously attainable

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #25 on: 26 May 2015, 07:51 pm »
SMc Audio just top them with their new $16K HI Fi One AC Nexus Reference Power Enhancer:

- Cost no-object engineering, component selection, and execution

Designed for use in the worlds finest systems. Effectively enhances power delivery and ground quality without the negative effects of poor quality components and the current limiting of coils and transformers

• Proprietary enhanced grounding configuration with ultra-hi-purity copper bus and Cardas unplated copper grounding posts.

• Duelund silver capacitors and silver wire, with ultra-pure copper wiring throughout

• Bocchino Mariner 10 IEC connector for maximum power transfer and unlimited current capability

• Stillpoints vibration technology throughout, including Ultra SS isolator feet and standoffs

• Furutech GTX AC receptacles, back plate and carbon fiber cover plates

• Rigid, inert, unibody construction forms an ideal housing

• Passive operation, unrivaled transparency and neutrality withincredible dynamic expression

• Allows your equipment to finally achieve its full sonic potential and delivers a richness of musical information not previously attainable

Sure is pretty.  FWIW the Furutech GTX (G) is the best I have ever heard... or, is that "never heard"?

The carbon fiber is very cool looking, too.  Nothing says YOWZA! like CF.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #26 on: 26 May 2015, 08:53 pm »
Uberbuss verses?

Uberbuss Chapter 4, verse 7: "Thou shalt not let any noise back in through thy music signal lest ye be stuck down"

Uberbuss Chapter 5, verses 8-9: "And he walked through the valley of frequency nulls but was not appalled, as his sound was heavenly and free of artifacts"

Oh..wait, maybe he meant to type "Uberbuss Versus"

I love my Uberbuss.  Have had it for many years and have all my source/front-end stuff go through it.  Wouldn't be without.   :thumb:

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #27 on: 26 May 2015, 09:00 pm »
Sure is pretty.  FWIW the Furutech GTX (G) is the best I have ever heard... or, is that "never heard"?

or a $16k price tag!!!!

George

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #28 on: 26 May 2015, 10:10 pm »
or a $16k price tag!!!!

George
Yeah, huh.

Like I said: Sure is pretty.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #29 on: 26 May 2015, 10:15 pm »
Uberbuss verses?

Uberbuss Chapter 4, verse 7: "Thou shalt not let any noise back in through thy music signal lest ye be stuck down"

Uberbuss Chapter 5, verses 8-9: "And he walked through the valley of frequency nulls but was not appalled, as his sound was heavenly and free of artifacts"

Oh..wait, maybe he meant to type "Uberbuss Versus"

I love my Uberbuss.  Have had it for many years and have all my source/front-end stuff go through it.  Wouldn't be without.   :thumb:
Thanks, Ted .  I do appreciate it.  I have one for you:

UberBUSS Chapter 7, vs 7 ; "Count not the exterior of one as true beauty, but the heart that brings you the gift of song."

That was fun.   :thumb:

jhm731

« Reply #30 on: 26 May 2015, 11:41 pm »
Thanks, Ted .  I do appreciate it.  I have one for you:

UberBUSS Chapter 7, vs 7 ; "Count not the exterior of one as true beauty, but the heart that brings you the gift of song."

That was fun.   :thumb:

I would love to see a picture of the UberBUSS's heart.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #31 on: 27 May 2015, 01:52 am »
I would love to see a picture of the UberBUSS's heart.
I'm sure you would.  That is why it is proprietary.  I worked a long time and spent lots of $$$ figuring out where I wanted it to go > to the root of the noise.  Kind of like the WD-40 recipe.  A trade secret.

There will be gut shots of the Audible Difference when it is released.

WireNut

« Reply #32 on: 27 May 2015, 02:00 am »

Build something that works and we can afford $1500-2000 max. $500.00 would be ever better.
I'm not about to drop multi thousand dollars on a power conditioner. I'd rather put the money in the better preamp or amp.
Even a bi-amp crossover. Power conditioners should cost $500.00 or put your money. I ain't about to put 1000$ dollars in to
a power conditioner. I'd rather put money into better source equipme

I understand the benefit of power conditioning, I'd just rather put my money into better equipment If power conditioning was only #500.00 bucks Id not it.
Not all of us are rich.

Early B.

« Reply #33 on: 27 May 2015, 03:23 am »
I ain't about to put 1000$ dollars in to
a power conditioner. I'd rather put money into better source equipme

I understand the benefit of power conditioning, I'd just rather put my money into better equipment If power conditioning was only #500.00 bucks Id not it.
Not all of us are rich.

I used to believe that, as well, until I tried it. Based on my meager budget, I spent as much on gear as I was gonna do, but I knew my components could sound better, and that's why I invested in the Uber (which cost far more than what I wanted to spend). It was one of the best audio investments I ever made, and certainly more significant than the majority of gear upgrades I've made. Worth every penny.   

imassarano

« Reply #34 on: 27 May 2015, 05:40 am »
Hi Dave,

Can you supply UberBUSS (or MajikBUSS may be enough) for export at 230V with European receptacles?

Yitzhak

P.S. How's your health these days?

jhm731

« Reply #35 on: 27 May 2015, 06:49 am »
I'm sure you would.  That is why it is proprietary.  I worked a long time and spent lots of $$$ figuring out where I wanted it to go > to the root of the noise.  Kind of like the WD-40 recipe.  A trade secret.

There will be gut shots of the Audible Difference when it is released.

So, you don't want to show the insides of the basic UberBUSS, but you'll show inside pictures of the more expensive Audible Difference.

:rotflmao:

PS- None of the posts I've read in this thread have convinced me that the UberBUSS is better than the other PLCs I've tried, if you think I'm wrong, I'll pay for shipping and give you my credit card for security to try one.

gagamut

« Reply #36 on: 27 May 2015, 07:21 am »
Uberbuss have 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, :D

mcallister

« Reply #37 on: 27 May 2015, 11:59 am »
So, you don't want to show the insides of the basic UberBUSS, but you'll show inside pictures of the more expensive Audible Difference.

PS- None of the posts I've read in this thread have convinced me that the UberBUSS is better than the other PLCs I've tried, if you think I'm wrong, I'll pay for shipping and give you my credit card for security to try one.

I'd also love to try an über in my system and see they offer a 30 day money back guarantee. I just sold my BPT ultra 10.5 and am using just a belkin unit now with anticipation of trying something new. I don't hear much of a difference but do have some noise issues id like to see if the uber can remedy.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #38 on: 27 May 2015, 12:59 pm »

jhm731,

I think trying it in your system is the best approach.

I have owned power conditioners from BPT, Running Springs Audio, Furman, PS Audio, Synergistic Research, Audience, and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head.  Cost ranged from a few hundred dollars to over $10k.

Most of them were excellent products and depending on my system configuration, certainly helped.

With my current system configuration, I find the combination of the UberBuss + a Furman IT-REFERENCE 20i produces the best results.

Not sure that will convince you to give the Uber a try...but it is another data point.

George

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #39 on: 27 May 2015, 01:25 pm »
What's the Audible Difference?