Higher Fi Headphones...the best on the market...at any price ?

Crossoverless

• Restricted
« Last Edit: 3 Feb 2016, 03:51 am by Crossoverless »

dB Cooper

I don't have $2K for cans but.. they'd have to show me more than a picture of a hipster (holding a gun, no less... WTF are they trying to say) wearing them even if I was. The only thing the photo tells you is their probable target market and that they are an ugly fluorescent color.

dB Cooper

I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but the presentation reeks of being a fashion statement/"lifestyle"/blingphone type of product.. If I were spending $2K on cans, I'd be looking at Sennheiser, Audeze, somebody like that, with a track record. They're starting off on the wrong foot as far as I'm concerned, and I'm not sure what guns have to do with headphones, but I'll try to keep an open mind.

Crossoverless

• Restricted
I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but the presentation reeks of being a fashion statement/"lifestyle"/blingphone type of product.. If I were spending $2K on cans, I'd be looking at Sennheiser, Audeze, somebody like that, with a track record. They're starting off on the wrong foot as far as I'm concerned, and I'm not sure what guns have to do with headphones, but I'll try to keep an open mind.

The gun in the picture might be saying...your be "blown-away" after hearing these Higher Fi Headphones!..or it might mean....why spend "big money" on two channel stereo systems anymore!  :P

charmerci

The mfr. has no info, and google also has no info.  Looks like a near-future product.

But they are the guys that make the $1.1 million, one ton Opulence speaker!

http://www.higherfi.com/hf/opulence.htm

dB Cooper

They claim to be "The world's largest online dealer of luxury audio". Anybody ever heard of them?

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
They must be the best, they said it on the internet.

Crossoverless

• Restricted
Just a few months ago, Audioquest and Sonus Faber made their first headphones, and at least one of those stirred up some controversy.  Macintosh also made their first, but it was $2000 USD, and I haven't heard anything since.

We will have to wait and see what the reviewers have to say about these all new Higher Fi headphones in the months to come...

http://www.higherfi.com/hf/headphone.jpg

ajzepp

This website looks suspiciously like the website for that George guy who posts here about his amps. Mr Mono.

ajzepp

It looks like half their stuff is custom and half is retail units.  Their consumer power amp has the name "Moon" stamped into the front plate.  Moon Audio is well known - I wonder what that's about.

Their limited speakers weigh 2000 lbs per pair and sell for 1.1 million U.S. dollars.  Their only headphone is $2000.  It's getting to the point now where some $2000 headphones are just mid-fi.

LOL@2000lb per pair...might as well park a car in your living room

dB Cooper

Re: Higher Fi Headphones...the best on the market...at any price ?
« Reply #10 on: 10 Feb 2016, 12:34 am »
Better have those suckers on a concrete floor. But the, you can hire an orchestra for a million dollars.

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
« Reply #11 on: 10 Feb 2016, 03:04 am »
This website looks suspiciously like the website for that George guy who posts here about his amps. Mr Mono.

Personal attacks like that are not allowed here mate,who is this Guy you're implying,not being a good sport..IMHO

:rules:

londonbarn

« Reply #12 on: 10 Feb 2016, 03:43 am »
I know... What a kooky ad... a dude with a GUN???????

ajzepp

« Reply #13 on: 10 Feb 2016, 03:56 am »
I know... What a kooky ad... a dude with a GUN???????

LOL! I didn't even see the gun

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
« Reply #14 on: 10 Feb 2016, 04:02 am »
LOL! I didn't even see the gun

Mate,why can't you be a gentleman?

ajzepp

« Reply #15 on: 10 Feb 2016, 04:11 am »
Mate,why can't you be a gentleman?

I'm not sure what you mean...I simply said that the website looked like your website. Just an observation broski.

ajzepp

« Reply #16 on: 10 Feb 2016, 04:14 am »
Their Facebook page was last updated 9 months ago, ditto Youtube.  They have a "fast cash" selling page too.  Being so far out of date, I can't imagine what they're really doing.

I wonder if they all got injured trying to carry those 2000lb speakers

dB Cooper

« Reply #17 on: 10 Feb 2016, 05:12 am »
Something's rotten in Denmark (or at the very least, not confidence-inspiring). Got the planar itch and $2K burning a hole in your pocket? Talk to a reputable maker with a track record, Audeze or Hifiman, I'm sure there are others.

ajzepp

« Reply #18 on: 10 Feb 2016, 05:26 am »
Something's rotten in Denmark (or at the very least, not confidence-inspiring). Got the planar itch and $2K burning a hole in your pocket? Talk to a reputable maker with a track record, Audeze or Hifiman, I'm sure there are others.

This. The new Hifiman Edition X is supposed to be fantastic, and of course the Audeze LCD-X has been my favorite headphone for over 2 years.