NFL Football ('15 -'16)

londonbarn

Re: NFL Football ('15 -'16)
« Reply #340 on: 8 Feb 2016, 03:51 am »
agreed...

vonnie123

« Reply #341 on: 8 Feb 2016, 04:58 am »
Glad to see the Broncos beat the Superman show.  Manning needs to retire.  Broncos defense carried the day.  So many people thought it would be a Carolina rout.  Experience and a defense like this are hard to overcome.

Happy for Kubiak and Wade Phillips :)

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #342 on: 8 Feb 2016, 12:54 pm »
Glad to see the Broncos beat the Superman show.  Manning needs to retire.  Broncos defense carried the day.  So many people thought it would be a Carolina rout.  Experience and a defense like this are hard to overcome.

Happy for Kubiak and Wade Phillips :)

+1.  Although I don't care about the coaches, I'm just glad to see Manning go out a winner, he deserves it.

stlrman

« Reply #343 on: 8 Feb 2016, 01:05 pm »
Two things to note .
Cam Newton did not attempt to recover the ball he just fumbled. He thought about it , but chose not to . Wtf!!!! He is a giant pussy!!! They still could have won the game at that point.  Recover the fumble !! Punt , hold them to a three and out . Then go down and score the winning drive!! To not make any attempt to recover the ball that you just had lost shows no guts, character . Is anyone talking about this play on TV etc.?
  I'm not sure if you guys saw Cam's press conference, I just saw the end of it when he bolts. True the room sounded loud , but what a poor sport!! How about give the other team credit!, take responsibility! And go out in defeat with class and honor. Not Cam.

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #344 on: 8 Feb 2016, 01:31 pm »
Coldplay- I like them but they looked cheesy. Time for food and a beer break.

I like Coldplay also, but they were a poor choice for a halftime act.

This was one of the worst halftime shows in quite some time.

George

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #345 on: 8 Feb 2016, 01:34 pm »
Two things to note .
Cam Newton did not attempt to recover the ball he just fumbled. He thought about it , but chose not to . Wtf!!!! He is a giant pussy!!! They still could have won the game at that point.  Recover the fumble !! Punt , hold them to a three and out . Then go down and score the winning drive!! To not make any attempt to recover the ball that you just had lost shows no guts, character . Is anyone talking about this play on TV etc.?
  I'm not sure if you guys saw Cam's press conference, I just saw the end of it when he bolts. True the room sounded loud , but what a poor sport!! How about give the other team credit!, take responsibility! And go out in defeat with class and honor. Not Cam.

Yeah, I saw it and thought the same thing before the announcers mentioned it, he just took a side step away from the ball.  He got killed the whole game and didn't look like he wanted any more contact.  And to be fair there's no certainty that he would have recovered it if he did dive for the ball, but ya gotta try, right?

I don't fault him for the press conference, he could have been more gracious, but he just got his butt whipped in a game he was supposed to win.  He didn't say anything bad that I heard, just was down and depressed after losing.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #346 on: 8 Feb 2016, 02:13 pm »
I'm not one to defend Cam Newton but, in all fairness, we have to allow that he may have been coached not to risk it.

Andy Dalton threw an interception and then tried to tackle the defender who picked him. In the process he broke his thumb and killed the Bengals season. Yes, they made the playoffs anyway, but that team never looked the same after his injury.

Of course, Cam was in the waning minutes of a game that meant everything and there would be 6 months to recover from any injury but the Panthers, who hadn't done much all game, would do nothing at all without Cam.

Nonetheless, I see a little of Robert Griffin in Cam Newton. Manziel has some too. Geno Smith? Probably some others. These guys have a sense of importance and privilege that keeps them from serving the cause before thinking of themselves.

As a side note, the announcers made a big deal out of Peyton getting his 200th victory and, in the process, moving beyond a tie with Brett Favre. Out of curiosity, I looked up Tom Brady's # of wins. He's at 194 now so I think it is safe to say he will move into first place next year. Is there a QB playing today who will break into first place at some point in the future?

vinyl_lady

« Reply #347 on: 8 Feb 2016, 02:15 pm »
Yeah, I saw it and thought the same thing before the announcers mentioned it, he just took a side step away from the ball.  He got killed the whole game and didn't look like he wanted any more contact.  And to be fair there's no certainty that he would have recovered it if he did dive for the ball, but ya gotta try, right?

I don't fault him for the press conference, he could have been more gracious, but he just got his butt whipped in a game he was supposed to win.  He didn't say anything bad that I heard, just was down and depressed after losing.

He acted like a soiled brat at the press conference. No class at all. One can be dejected abut losing, but still be professional and handle the moment with class. Also, I wonder what his teammates are thinking when the watch him back away from the fumble.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #348 on: 8 Feb 2016, 02:16 pm »
Good game.

The ads SUCKED!!!  Puppy/Monkee/Baby???  Constipation???  Upset bowels in a stadium seat???  Meds???  Even the A-B ads were uninspiring.    :duh:

Halftime was two shows, not one.  Each for a demographic.  The Coldplay show looked like it was produced in Korea, one from South (K-Pop) and one from the North, all rigid posturing.    :slap:

zybar

• Facilitator
« Reply #349 on: 8 Feb 2016, 02:28 pm »
I'm not one to defend Cam Newton but, in all fairness, we have to allow that he may have been coached not to risk it.

Andy Dalton threw an interception and then tried to tackle the defender who picked him. In the process he broke his thumb and killed the Bengals season. Yes, they made the playoffs anyway, but that team never looked the same after his injury.

Of course, Cam was in the waning minutes of a game that meant everything and there would be 6 months to recover from any injury but the Panthers, who hadn't done much all game, would do nothing at all without Cam.

Nonetheless, I see a little of Robert Griffin in Cam Newton. Manziel has some too. Geno Smith? Probably some others. These guys have a sense of importance and privilege that keeps them from serving the cause before thinking of themselves.

As a side note, the announcers made a big deal out of Peyton getting his 200th victory and, in the process, moving beyond a tie with Brett Favre. Out of curiosity, I looked up Tom Brady's # of wins. He's at 194 now so I think it is safe to say he will move into first place next year. Is there a QB playing today who will break into first place at some point in the future?

Brady will blow by Payton next season and will most likely put the win total out of reach.  He could easily finish with a total north of 220 wins if he continues playing at this high level for a few more years.

There is no current active player who has any chance of passing Brady.  Next closest is Drew Brees with 130 wins. 

It is going to be incredibly hard for anybody to get to 200+ wins in their career. 

The combination of staying healthy, being on a winning team (you will need 10+ wins a season), and playing for along time is really tough to achieve.

George

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #350 on: 8 Feb 2016, 02:34 pm »
Yep. Brady is the best.  Probably the best ever, and no one will come near him for years to come. 
On another note, Cowboy fans everywhere are happy to see Demarcus Ware get his ring.  He is a great player, a fine man, and a contributor to his community where ever he goes. 

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #351 on: 8 Feb 2016, 03:12 pm »
  Brady is a great QB however they cheat. He is tarnished.

charles

zybar

• Facilitator
« Reply #352 on: 8 Feb 2016, 03:32 pm »
  Brady is a great QB however they cheat. He is tarnished.

charles

I am not a Patriots fan (even though I live in New England) - but let's not get into the Patriots are cheaters discussion in this thread.

George

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #354 on: 8 Feb 2016, 08:40 pm »
For my part, I am very glad the Broncos didn't back into a win or take the game as the result of some momentous bad call. They won it the old fashioned way - by outplaying the opposition.

Now we Bronco fans can sit back for another 15-20 years until we win another one. You need patience out here in the Rockies. The Broncs have been to the big game 8 times in 38 years and they are 3-5. They probably hold the record for most SB losses.

vonnie123

« Reply #355 on: 8 Feb 2016, 09:05 pm »
Good game.

The ads SUCKED!!!  Puppy/Monkee/Baby???  Constipation???  Upset bowels in a stadium seat???  Meds???  Even the A-B ads were uninspiring.    :duh:

Halftime was two shows, not one.  Each for a demographic.  The Coldplay show looked like it was produced in Korea, one from South (K-Pop) and one from the North, all rigid posturing.    :slap:

Agree 100 percent.  The ads were pretty bad.  Halftime show was lousy too. 

JakeJ

« Reply #357 on: 9 Feb 2016, 01:47 am »
+1.  Good on ya, T-Brick.

RPM123

« Reply #358 on: 9 Feb 2016, 02:11 am »
I like Coldplay also, but they were a poor choice for a halftime act.

This was one of the worst halftime shows in quite some time.

George

Sure was, but Lady Gaga really nailed the National anthem!

stlrman

« Reply #359 on: 9 Feb 2016, 02:27 am »
Agree GaGa killed it !