College Football Anyone?

kgturner

Re: College Football Anyone?
« Reply #40 on: 2 Nov 2014, 07:39 pm »
If Auburn can win out, I'd love nothing more than to meet Oregon and FSU again in the playoffs!

WAR EAGLE!!!

Kevin T

Mudslide

« Reply #41 on: 2 Nov 2014, 11:04 pm »
I must say I'm pretty damn proud of my Nittany Lions after last night. They played their hearts out and gave the Buckeyes a scare.

And as if the Buckeyes needed any help...

Watch the play clock. A full 3 seconds after time ran out
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Watch-Penn-State-Ohio-State-officials-miss-another-obvious-call-32346394

and

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Replay-fails-to-overturn-missed-call-in-Penn-State-game--32344158

Even after a review, they still called it an interception. Buckeyes then scored a TD.
How could they not see that on the instant replay? :scratch:

Total of 10  points as a result of bad officiating

Next game at Happy Valley versus Maryland and I'll be there at Beaver Stadium :thumb:

Man, all I can say is "Wow!"  I wonder if our PAC12 refs took a day off to whack the B10.

Mudslide

« Reply #42 on: 2 Nov 2014, 11:06 pm »
If Auburn can win out, I'd love nothing more than to meet Oregon and FSU again in the playoffs!

WAR EAGLE!!!

Kevin T

Yes, I'm for that!  And NO MICHAEL DYER getting tackled...or not...this time.   :evil:   :lol:

Mudslide

« Reply #43 on: 10 Nov 2014, 07:40 pm »
My Ducks keep rolling along.  But it was a costly win...losing two All-Americans (db and center) and an All-Conference player (TE), likely for the season really hurts.  There must be something wrong with the turf at Eccles Field.  Two Utes also went out with season ending injuries.  All but one of these 5 injuries were non-contact.  Here is a clip of the Ducks' TE injury.  If you're squeamish about such things...do NOT open this video.  https://vine.co/v/Oelm59vLDTp/embed

The Ducks have now lost their starting center, both starting offensive tackles and both of their backups, and starting offensive guard.  It's amazing they can keep that offensive machine rolling.  Most of the credit has to be due to the awesomeness of Marcus Mariota.

Also, if you want a really good laugh, check out this video from the game.  It is THE weirdest play I've ever seen in college football!!  Watch the entire clip, but especially from the 3:20 (minute/second) mark.   :lol:  Enjoy.  http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/11/09/oregon_and_utah_s_crazy_play_kaelin_clay_s_fumble_leads_to_a_99_yard_ducks.html

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #44 on: 10 Nov 2014, 08:02 pm »
Yep, that's one dumb jock.  He'll be running laps for the rest of his college "career", now defined by showboating stupidity.

Mudslide

« Reply #45 on: 16 Nov 2014, 06:48 pm »

kgturner

« Reply #46 on: 16 Nov 2014, 07:39 pm »
There's always next year. ;)

Good luck with the rest of your season.

Mudslide

« Reply #47 on: 27 Nov 2014, 04:06 am »
This will be another big weekend of games...most of the rivalry games.  Time to make my wife think I'm nuts by watching all day...and she'll will demand tv payback. :o

Which will be the best to view?

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #48 on: 27 Nov 2014, 06:19 am »
This will be another big weekend of games...most of the rivalry games.  Time to make my wife think I'm nuts by watching all day...and she'll will demand tv payback. :o

Which will be the best to view?

Sounds like she needs her own TV.

Games on my watch list include Auburn/Alabama, Boise State/Utah State (of course) and Oregon/Oregon State although that one's almost a foregone conclusion...Ducks should easily prevail.

charmerci

« Reply #49 on: 27 Nov 2014, 09:36 am »
Looking a the top 25, the only ones that look like decent possibilities are GT-UGA, Old Miss-MSU and Min/Wisc. UVA and VT should be very close - though it might not be a very well played game.

edit - plus there's #11 UA(Arizona) vs #13 ASU
« Last Edit: 27 Nov 2014, 02:15 pm by charmerci »

Mudslide

« Reply #50 on: 27 Nov 2014, 02:08 pm »
Sounds like she needs her own TV.
:slap: 

rodge827

« Reply #51 on: 30 Nov 2014, 04:03 am »
Roll Tide!

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #52 on: 30 Nov 2014, 04:23 am »

Wife is a TCU grad

vinyl_lady

« Reply #53 on: 30 Nov 2014, 05:51 am »

Wife is a TCU grad

so is my youngest daughter, but MIZ
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2014, 02:57 pm by vinyl_lady »

Mudslide

« Reply #54 on: 30 Nov 2014, 06:47 am »
War Eagle dudes....I was cheering for you tonight!!  Sadly.....

It's looking more and more like Bama, Oregon, Fla St (bleh!), and TCU fighting for the NCG.  Ought to be some fun games in there.  How about Oregon vs. TCU .... 87 - 75.  All defense.   :lol:

GO DUCKS!  (Ugh, 5 starters were out for the game against Ore. St. tonight...and EIGHT more were helped off the field tonight.  We could use a M*A*S*H* unit.)

Mudslide

« Reply #55 on: 30 Nov 2014, 07:10 am »
Oh yeah...my guy, Marcus Mariota accidentally struck this pose during play.  Guess he's serious about winning that Heisman!

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #56 on: 30 Nov 2014, 01:43 pm »
Did anyone watch Grambling vs. Southern University? Wild, high-scoring affair that saw time run out on an attempted QB sneak from the 6 inch line into the end zone for a tying TD. He was stood up in a massive struggle and you could see the time clock ticking down to zero just before he was pushed back and down behind the line. It was the best game I saw all year. Thrilling right down to the final whistle. Southern 52 - Grambling 45.

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #57 on: 1 Dec 2014, 04:58 am »
Oh yeah...my guy, Marcus Mariota accidentally struck this pose during play.  Guess he's serious about winning that Heisman

Mariota is fun to watch, what A skill set he has. The uniforms look like vintage John Deere, They should have a tractor as a mascot!

Mudslide

« Reply #58 on: 1 Dec 2014, 05:10 am »
Mariota is fun to watch, what A skill set he has. The uniforms look like vintage John Deere, They should have a tractor as a mascot!

charmerci

« Reply #59 on: 1 Dec 2014, 10:19 am »
 :lol: :thumb:

Awesome comparison photos!  (I'm not really a Ducks fan.)