• Ut Prosim
Re: COLLEGE FOOTBALL RETURNS!
« Reply #40 on: 8 Aug 2015, 03:19 pm »
White out before you black out.

Or so, I heard... :p

Mudslide

« Reply #41 on: 10 Aug 2015, 12:48 am »
Wolverines...Spartans...(Nittany) Lions......

But Ducks?!!  I think when the football gods were handing out mascots, we got the short straw.

Oh well, it's better than the ... Hokies.   :lol:

kgturner

« Reply #42 on: 10 Aug 2015, 03:49 am »
Auburn is getting a LOT of love from the pundits for taking the SEC!  I hope that young qb is all that everyone says.   :thumb:

A little too much love if you ask me. JJ is more or less untested, but I have hope for his abilities as a quarterback. I just don't see him as a dual threat like Marshall or Cam. On the defensive end, there was so much quit in last years team. Muschamp will hopefully reignite the fire. Having Lawson back will definitely help. One of star receivers (Duke Williams) was suspended for the bowl game last year. Now this:

"Auburn wide recevier D'haquille "Duke" Williams has missed the last two practices because of what Gus Malzahn is calling a "discipline issue." Malzahn finally spoke to the media about Williams' status, refusing to give a timetable for his return.

"Duke Williams was not at practice for the second day in a row like some of you noticed," Malzahn said, via AL.com, on Saturday. "He had a discipline issue we're taking care of, when he takes care of that he'll back on the field. I'll make that decision and I'll let you know when he'll be back. Nobody's bigger than the team around here. That's between him and me and I won't answer any more questions about that."

Williams did not play in the Tigers' Outback Bowl loss to Wisconsin after an off-field issue, but things appeared to be moving the in the right direction, according to Auburn's coaches, during spring practice. Obviously a big part of the Tigers offense when he's active, Williams led Auburn in receptions and finished a narrow second in receiving yards in 2014, despite only appearing in 10 games due to injury and the bowl suspension"

:duh:

Mudslide

« Reply #43 on: 10 Aug 2015, 11:25 pm »
Ugh... :(

Going into this season, Oregon had arguably the best backfield in the nation.  Now they have half of arguably the best backfield in the nation.  Our guy (who demolished Florida State last year) Thomas Tyner has been declared out for the season with shoulder surgery this week.  At least we still have Heisman candidate, 'Rolls' Royce Freeman to carry the load. 

Dang...the Ducks played the National Championship game last year with more than half of its season starters out with injuries.  The bug has stricken again.   :sad:

Mudslide

« Reply #44 on: 13 Aug 2015, 05:04 am »
I'm really sorry to hear that Michigan State lost their All-American stud linebacker.  Ed Davis is out for the year.   Now we're both down major players for our rematch.  :(

Emil

« Reply #45 on: 24 Aug 2015, 05:14 pm »
Top 25....er....31 Preseason AP Poll  :green:

1. Ohio State (62) - 1598 points
2. TCU (1) - 1487
3. Alabama (1) - 1452
4. Baylor - 1365
5. Oregon - 1260
6. Michigan State - 1230
7. Auburn - 1103
8. Florida State - 1057
9. Georgia - 1026
10. USC - 1014
11. Notre Dame - 883
12. Clemson - 838
13. LSU - 727
14. UCLA - 697
15. Ole Miss - 668
16. Arizona State - 577
17. Georgia Tech - 573
18. Wisconsin - 470
19. Oklahoma - 407
20. Arkansas - 377
21. Stanford - 365
22. Arizona - 299
23. Missouri - 229
24. Boise State - 190
25. Tennessee - 166
26. Miss State- 100
27. Texas AM-61
28. Oklahoma State-46
29. Virginia Tech-42
30. Utah-36
31. Penn State-20

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #46 on: 24 Aug 2015, 05:31 pm »
But I don't see Michigan on the list!!!!  :rotflmao:

Emil

« Reply #47 on: 24 Aug 2015, 05:53 pm »
But I don't see Michigan on the list!!!!  :rotflmao:

41. Michigan :thumb:

Mudslide

« Reply #48 on: 24 Aug 2015, 09:32 pm »
Top 25....er....31 Preseason AP Poll  :green:

1. Ohio State (62) - 1598 points
2. TCU (1) - 1487
31. Penn State-20

Just 1578 points to go for an outstanding season, Emil!   :lol:

But I'm with you.  GO LIONS....er...Nittany Lions.   :thumb:

Emil

« Reply #49 on: 26 Aug 2015, 03:19 pm »

Looking forward to this game to see what Harbaugh is up to.
Let's face it. No top High School player wants to be part of a rebuilding program. For them its 3 years and out.

Nick B

« Reply #50 on: 26 Aug 2015, 04:00 pm »
UCLA Bruins!!  Been a fan since 1962.  Jim Mora has done a great job improving the program. Now if we could just beat Oregon and Stanford..........

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #51 on: 26 Aug 2015, 04:16 pm »
I see all the traditional football school alums and friends are chiming in.  My school is not known for it's football but I still have season tickets and tailgate to most games.  It's a great time to reconnect with friends from decades ago.  I graduated 30 years ago. 

I see a Hokie here.  I will see us beat you again before I die, I hope. 

I will be at the Rose Bowl in two weeks to see us playing the Bruins.  Yes, I am going to a tailgate.  That may be the highlight for me, as it often is. :shake:

Vulcan00

• SEM Micrograph of Dendritic Structure
« Reply #52 on: 26 Aug 2015, 05:39 pm »
Univ. of Virgina  you got more to be proud of than football.

At least your not an Auburn Fan  lollllll

BobC

« Reply #53 on: 26 Aug 2015, 07:36 pm »
Bring it!

charmerci

« Reply #54 on: 26 Aug 2015, 10:16 pm »

I see a Hokie here.  I will see us beat you again before I die, I hope. 

There's two of us...and nope.  8)

Mudslide

« Reply #55 on: 26 Aug 2015, 10:26 pm »
Bring it!

^^^^ This gives me the heebie-jeebies and face cramps all over again.   :bawl:

vinyl_lady

« Reply #56 on: 26 Aug 2015, 10:55 pm »

Back to back SEC East champions going for the threepeat. Underrated (again).

MIZ-SEC  :thumb:

Emil

« Reply #57 on: 6 Sep 2015, 01:34 pm »

Reality settles in :bawl:

Penn State 10   Temple 27

PSU looked sharp on their first couple of drives taking the a 10-0 lead putting to rest my anxiety that the problems PSU had with the offensive line and play calling had not improved. It would have been best if I shut the TV off then.
In a nutshell, QB Hackenberg was sacked 10 times and one time during a two man rush. ( 44 times last year).
Even when he did have time, seems more concerned with getting sacked then looking downfield. I believe he is suffering from post traumatic stress syndrome. This kid is being touted as a top NFL draft pick next year.
Offensive play calling was just awful. Seems no  attempts were made to change what was not working. They were just dull and predictable. 80 yards on 28 carries, nine first downs and 183 total yards. Punted 9 times and completed 11 passes.
Things are not sitting well today over in Embarrassed Valley. Heads will be on a stick in front of the Old Main building and the candidates are Head Coach Franklin, Offensive Coordinator John Donovan, and some will argue QB Hackenberg if things do not improve against Buffalo next week.

On a positive note,  #1 PSU Women's volleyball defeated #2 Stanford :thumb:

So how was your weekend?

BobC

« Reply #58 on: 8 Sep 2015, 01:34 pm »
..... :shh:

Emil

« Reply #59 on: 8 Sep 2015, 02:10 pm »
BobC

That was a beautiful move :thumb: Virginia Tech did play tough until the QB was hurt with a collarbone injury.

NOT looking forward  to October 17th  :cry: