Emotive with Bryston

sfraser

Emotive with Bryston
« on: 21 Dec 2016, 03:21 pm »
HI has anyone used Emotive Pre/Pro's with Bryston amps? Currently have a SP1 which is getting long in the tooth, and the family hates having to manually switch video sources. I have pre-ordered a MC-700 pre/pro which should arrive in the new year.  I have heard nothing but good things from this company, and if it does not cut the mustard it can placed in the basement system which has an even older pre/pro. Love to get a SP3 but don'the have 10k kicking around for that purpose, saving up for Model T's

techguy0192

Re: Emotive with Bryston
« Reply #1 on: 21 Dec 2016, 06:16 pm »
I've owned serval Bryston amps and have paired them with even more preamps.  Should not be a problem, you might want to experiment with the gain setting on the amp.  Personally, I'd take an older Bryston prepro over an Emotiva any day.  Bryston is in a totally different league.   

sfraser

Re: Emotive with Bryston
« Reply #2 on: 22 Dec 2016, 12:38 am »
Well, I am going to give it a shot. As mentioned, I have the  SP1, as well as a BP25 on my 2 chan. system, so I am very familiar with Bryston Pre's. Just looking for some more  flexibility in the multichannel system. i believe the Emotive push's 2V so it should be a fine match up with the 4B. I will do some "critical listening" after I take delivery  LOL and let you know later in January how it performs.

Thanks,
 and Merry Xmas

Scott