In-Line Maraschinos -- My Experience

jseipp

In-Line Maraschinos -- My Experience
« on: 22 Jan 2015, 06:42 am »
Hello all,

With all the words swirling around this forum on another topic, I thought I would offer my impressions separately, so that they would show up clearly for anyone interested. 

The In-Line Maraschinos are my first experience with the folks at DAC.  I was lucky enough to snag a pair of the prototypes offered on the Kickstarter campaign.  I am currently using them with a pair of Danny Richie's "Wedgies," along with a pair of open-baffle twin servo-controlled (separately-powered) GR Research/Rythmik Audio subs.

I've built (and assembled into pre-made cabinets) several of Danny's speakers, each time getting closer to the sound that would be right for me.  I knew I'd found it with the wedgies/servo subs.  Powered by an inexpensive tube amp, this was the sound -- all I now could want would be "more," whatever that might be. 

When the Maraschinos arrived, I found out what "more" could mean.  The spaciousness that the wedgies bring now seems to extend out to the horizon.  The three-dimensional, space-filling image that I sought now sounds effortless.  Complex music retains all its coherence, and then the sound of a single plucked string will almost make me jump with its immediacy and presence.  I had found speakers to love; now I have a system to love.

By my post total it will be obvious that I seldom offer up my impressions, simple as they may be, but I want to give credit where credit is due.  I wouldn't have thought I would ever have the opportunity to enjoy music this much in my own home, but the talented designers I have discovered through AC have made it possible, and at a price I am sure many a well-heeled audiophile would sneer at.  As I continue, and likely spend a little more upgrading the rest of the system, I may well gain "more," whatever that may be.  But the combination of products and service I have received from these vendors (and this also includes Virtue Audio, represented by a great ONE.3 in another system) has already reconnected me to music after I had been away too long.  That's what I came to AC in search of, and I hope that many others will feel as fortunate as I do in what they find here.

Most sincerely -- John

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
Re: In-Line Maraschinos -- My Experience
« Reply #1 on: 8 Apr 2015, 02:54 am »
If you're interested in picking up a pair of Maraschinos, an upgrade for your existing Maraschino set, or just want to help promote a budding amplifier line:
http://kck.st/1EKKHSt

The new MINT Maraschino is a stereo amp with single external upgradeable power supply, volume control, and input selector.  Up to 1000W.  Super fast and clean sound as with and Maraschino!

Thanks.

-Tommy O

jseipp

Re: In-Line Maraschinos -- My Experience
« Reply #2 on: 8 Apr 2015, 05:52 am »
I still love the sound of the Maraschinos -- crystal clear and wonderfully three-dimensional.  I have them on speakers with open-baffle Neo 3 tweeters that give an amp nowhere to hide on the top end.  It's the shimmer of the cymbals that gets me every time.  I've had more than a few shivers run up and down my spine :D.  I used to run tubes to give real 3D density to the sound, but the Marachinos have that covered, too.  The Mint promises great sound in a really great looking package -- a wonderful deal that gets you shiver-inducing sound!