Affordable speaker cables for Daedalus

Wind Chaser

Re: Affordable speaker cables for Daedalus
« Reply #20 on: 18 Nov 2010, 12:09 pm »
One cable that seems to get great and consistent reviews is Grover Huffman.  If you don't need longer than 10' then the GH will fit into your budget.  It comes with a 60 day money back guarantee and FWIW it rarely comes up used. 

Will2

« Reply #21 on: 18 Nov 2010, 12:14 pm »
One cable that seems to get great and consistent reviews is Grover Huffman.  If you don't need longer than 10' then the GH will fit into your budget.  It comes with a 60 day money back guarantee and FWIW it rarely comes up used.

Thanks Wind Chaser - this thread is a bit old so I made a move a while ago - and ended up with the Grover Huffman's as you suggest.

Cheers
Will

denjo

+1 vote for Grover Huffman
« Reply #22 on: 18 Nov 2010, 12:18 pm »
I have tried GH's cables in the past and would certainly add my vote for his cables! He seems to constantly improve his designs so some might feel that their cables are 'old' in relative terms! I simply stuck to them cos I was happy with their musicality!

david12

« Reply #23 on: 28 Apr 2011, 10:02 am »
Had a chance to compare Lou's new cables made by the Boulder cable company, specifically tailored for his Speakers. We compared them with my Ultra costly(new) Virtual Dynamics Revelation. I bought them quite cheap second hand. I thought the cables were different, but of similar quality reproduction. The Revelations, bigger soundstage ? more brightly let treble, Lou's cables, more neutral.
  Considering the many thousands of Dollars difference in price, it makes the new cables a pretty good deal

guest1632

« Reply #24 on: 28 Apr 2011, 10:18 am »
I'm hoping that more Daedalus owners will offer their experiences with cables. 
One thing I've noticed is that some of the cables which work with the original DA-1 don't tend to have the clarity and phase coherence that will allow the current speaker models to perform at their best, unfortunately this includes most of the 'affordable' cables including some mentioned already...

my recommendation for 'affordable' speaker cables is still the Bolder Cables, while not inexpensive at $600 8ft pair, they are a huge improvement over cables that you will pay a couple hundred less for.

I know there are other really good cables in that price range and I'd like to hear more discussion of them.

thanks for the input ,
lou

Hi Lou,

I recently read a review of a speaker cable from Virtual Audio. They are about $120 for 3 meter pairs. You might get in touch with them, and see if you can borow a set. They may or may not work out with your speakers. If they are as good as the review seem to indicate, would be worth geting a pair to try out.

Ray Bronk