SOLD (elsewhere) Thorens TD145 Turntable with TP16 arm $399 ono.

curry49

For sale is a Thorens TD145 turntable with a TP16 tomearm. The TD145 is the auto-return version of the TD160, and this one operates exactly like the TD160 in that there’s no auto-return feature, for now, or until it’s adjusted if possible. (Not sure what the issue is there, as I received it that way. The price reflects that and one or two other minor issues. Still a bargain, though). Guessing that the plinth material is 'chip-board,' as it does have a few ‘chips’ especially along the lower edge. There’s a scratch and minor swirl-marks on dust-cover too, as can be expected.

However, the TT itself (including top-plate, arm, and etc) seems to be in immaculate condition. The unit also sounded outstanding when I tried it with a cheap Shure M44E (not included in the sale, and only taped in for a quick test as I didn’t have the right size screws for the headshell). Even with an inexpensive cart, this thing rivals my TD125, in general sound-quality, and definitely reproduces more deep-bass.

Price of this giant-killing 125 & Linn rival – my Thorens TD145 - is around $399 ono + shipping. (Edit: Price was actually deemed too good to be true, so an adjustment has been made - still a massive bargain for any Thorens TD145/TD160 TT, for sure). PayPal-Gift option is acceptable.

Thanks for looking!   :|

Edit;3-16-18

Offer good for a limited time only (perhaps ending after this weekend) as my aim in offering this giveaway is to meet a deadline. (Hope this is incentive enough to overcome my 'location-handicap').

Edit; 4-7-18
Item SOLD elsewhere about a week before editing this post.

« Last Edit: 7 Apr 2018, 04:26 pm by curry49 »

Mr.Sneis

ygpm.

curry49

Bump!!! :wink:

curry49

Bump.

Edit: The price is $399 (or nearest offer).  Check prices elsewhere to gauge the magnitude of this rare half-price bargain.  Don't miss it.  :duh:

Offer good for a limited time only (perhaps ending after this weekend) as my aim in offering this giveaway is to meet a deadline. (Hope this is incentive enough to overcome my 'location-handicap'). Edit: Deadline passed - free shipping withdrawn - still a screamin deal, though, even if not as loud.

Cheers.

« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2018, 12:32 am by curry49 »

orthobiz

Screaming deal! I just pent 458 to redo my buddy's TD146! And that involved shipping a box to me, then shipping it to vinyl nirvana and then shipping it back! Dave did a fantastic job, I'm not in any way complaining, just saying that someone needs to pick this up NOW!

Paul