Uh oh.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Uh oh.
« on: 23 May 2017, 12:40 am »
I just decided to buy a new pair of speakers...they're named after a Greek God. [God of music, poetry, art, oracles, archery, plague, medicine, sun, light and knowledge.]

I couldn't help myself. 8)

Rusty Jefferson

Re: Uh oh.
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2017, 12:47 am »
Was suspicious that might happen after reading your previous thread. Congratulations!

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2017, 01:48 am »
Pics or it didn't happen.  8)

Congrats, Michael; that's awesome!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2017, 01:57 am »
Pics or it didn't happen.  8)

Congrats, Michael; that's awesome!
You will get them after 3 months after they're born. 

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2017, 02:00 am »
Sweet!  :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2017, 02:07 am »
Nice choice Michael.  :thumb:

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #6 on: 23 May 2017, 04:10 am »
But who is the sap that has to spend all that time breaking them in.  Getting them house broken so you don't have to put up with the youthful sounds  :scratch:

mca

« Reply #7 on: 23 May 2017, 04:25 am »
Nice choice Michael

restrav

« Reply #8 on: 23 May 2017, 04:46 am »
which model is that? Argos? lol i dont know greek mythology!

mresseguie

« Reply #9 on: 23 May 2017, 06:05 am »
Hi, Dadbeh.

Lou's newest speakers - the Apollos - are what I'm getting. I've been on a grand speaker quest for about 3 years now. I have auditioned a hundred (?), more?..dunno how many. My quest is over - at least until I decide I need better speakers in America. I think I'll be pretty happy with these. I'll take them to Taiwan this Fall. Well, I'll ship them to Taiwan.

I very nearly (VERY NEARLY) bought a used pair of Daedalus Argos speakers, but decided to go for the Apollos.

Aldcol,

My gosh. You're right!  :o Where could I find such a person to slave over these new speakers, break them in for me, and still release them to me when the time comes to return to Taiwan? It will have to be someone I trust. Someone who already owns Daedalus speakers...Hmm... :scratch:

JTW,

This pair is already built, so they'll be ready sooner than you think. They were in the finish curing room when we were at Lou's workshop.

JerryM,

Believe it or not, I didn't snap a shot of my speakers. We'll have to ask Lou to provide photographs when they're complete.

Thanks for the well wishes. I feel as though I've finally grown up.  8)

Michael

advanced101

« Reply #10 on: 23 May 2017, 12:06 pm »
Congrats!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #11 on: 23 May 2017, 12:22 pm »
Congratulations Michael, I sure your tube amp will like that 96dB;

dodgealum

« Reply #12 on: 23 May 2017, 07:11 pm »
Congrats! Mine was an impulse buy compared to yours. I looked for two solid years and listened to dozens of speakers in a quest to replace my Harbeth Compact 7s and get speakers that would last a lifetime. I got close a few times but there was always something that kept me from pulling the trigger--subtle irregularities in the crossover, bass that was just a little muddy, highs that were a bit tipped up, a slight lack of tonal authenticity or realism--particularly voices and acoustic instruments. Then I found Lou and Daedalus--my forever speakers built by a true friend and craftsmen. I've never looked back and never thought about what might be a better speaker for me--NEVER. Enjoy them!

Scottdazzle

« Reply #13 on: 23 May 2017, 07:59 pm »
Spectacular choice! I got to listen to them extensively at Axpona and decided they would be the perfect speakers for me if I were able to buy a pair.

mresseguie

« Reply #14 on: 23 May 2017, 09:31 pm »
No need to buy them, Scott. I agreed to five years of indentured servitude in exchange for the speakers.  What a deal!  :lol:

Ern Dog

« Reply #15 on: 24 May 2017, 12:44 am »
Good for you Michael!  And a great idea to have someone break them in for ya.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that no porter beers get spilled onto Apollo!  Surely that poor sap would get struck by lightening.  :nono:

mresseguie

« Reply #16 on: 24 May 2017, 01:02 am »
I think he prefers "The Abyss". 

I wonder if I should take bids to break them in?  :wink:

maxboy00

« Reply #17 on: 24 May 2017, 10:16 am »
Congrats on your new speakers.  The Apollo's , would of been a strong contender if they were available prior to my ordering a pair of Argos.

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #18 on: 24 May 2017, 09:57 pm »
I think he prefers "The Abyss". 

I wonder if I should take bids to break them in?  :wink:

I just finished the concrete freight dock for any incoming shipments.

I will be back in Portland as a very nice lady asked for me to help shop for a car.  It seems when I am along you money spends so much easier.   So will I be looking at a Ford crossover or a Land Rover with Leather heated and air conditioned seats, metal flake paint with Gold Rims.  Run Flat tires and the upgraded Harmon Sound  :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Let Melody know I will have Coffee and fresh Pastries.

Alan

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
« Reply #19 on: 25 May 2017, 09:59 pm »
Wow! Congats, Michael, well done. To quote Winston Churchill, "What a long strange trip it's been". I  know you'll be over the moon about them and I'm sure your wife is pleased that the search is over ... at least for now. Enjoy!

Cheers,
KP