Reveiw of Athena in POF

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
Reveiw of Athena in POF
« on: 17 Jul 2012, 10:58 am »
http://positive-feedback.com/Issue62/athenas.htm

John Zurek of Positive Feedback just posted a new review of the Athena's.

thanks John!!!

vinyl_lady

Re: Reveiw of Athena in POF
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jul 2012, 02:43 pm »
Great review Lou. Congratulations! His review confirms what I heard when I listened to the Athena's at RMAF last year and at your place. Also, as I was reading the review I felt John was describing my DA-1.1s with the AP crossover. In a way, he was because they have the same attention to detail, oil-rubbed finish and supurb sound that the Athena's have. Great dynamics and real tone with the floor to ceiling, fill the room with sound like the Ulysses.

Laura

figcon

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jul 2012, 03:25 pm »
John got the essence of all Lou's speakers. Great review and well deserved by one of today's best speaker designers.

fwinston

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jul 2012, 04:36 pm »
Great review and I concur with everyone's comments.  My Ulysses with AP crossover bring joy to my ears every time they play.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jul 2012, 05:19 pm »
Agreed, the Athena's are the best Daedalus speaker I've heard.  Not that the others are less than excellent.  Let's just say that IMO, the Athena's are first among equals.  Incredibly good speakers, among the very best in the world.

mountain1

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2012, 06:16 pm »
Add me to the list of happy customers.  I have the DA 1.1's and love them.  Lou is a pleasure to work with.

beaglebump

« Reply #6 on: 18 Jul 2012, 05:27 pm »
Certainly a well-qualified observer of Lou's artisanship.  Consequently, a very insightful review.  John hit on all those qualities that are key to my relationship with my Athenas - the first pair that Lou had produced.  Near seamless presentation of the frequency spectrum, incredible efficiency and natural resolution of detail (partic. at low amplitudes), the true-to-source instrumental sound (partic. acoustic), etc.. - John got it. 
Congratulations, Lou, and thank you!