Dalquist DQ 8

bogiedr

Dalquist DQ 8
« on: 11 Mar 2012, 08:29 pm »
Hello everyone. I auditioned a pair of DQ 8's today thinking of hooking them up to my Sansui 771 receiver. Typical Dalquist, very open. I did notice the low end on one speaker was louder than the other. When I adjusted the balance, of course one was louder, the other was missing low end, mids and highs matched the louder speaker. Grills were not off and I did not request them off thinking there must be a bad driver on one. If that is the case, do both drivers need to be replaced? Anyone with Dalquist experience here? Thanks!!

orthobiz

Re: Dalquist DQ 8
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2012, 12:25 am »
There is an active Dahlquist group over at Yahoo Groups. They can answer just about any question, a good bunch.

Also, although overpriced and apparently recently offering sluggish service, I personally had a wonderful experience over at Regnar (dot) com. This is a company specializing in Dahlquist that arose from the ashes of the old Long Island company. The go-to guy is Joe. I recommend keeping a New York state of mind, though, as we NY'ers can come off kinda funny.

Paul