What Speaker Wire?

DavidS

What Speaker Wire?
« on: 19 Nov 2017, 04:23 pm »
I am running M3 Turbos and have them hooked up with Wywire speaker cables.  Just always curious about what others are using and having success with.  What cables does Spatial use at shows with their speakers.  Have recently purchased some Dueland 16 interconnects and love how they work in my system so have been thinking about them as speaker cables.

Wind Chaser

Re: What Speaker Wire?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Nov 2017, 06:24 pm »
I was using ZU Libtec, which I liked a lot, but now I’m using Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme speaker cables. :thumb:
« Last Edit: 19 Nov 2017, 08:32 pm by Wind Chaser »

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #2 on: 19 Nov 2017, 07:30 pm »
I was using ZU Libtec, which I liked a lot, but now I’m using Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme speaker cables. :thumb:

Page not found. For me TWL speaker cables.

charles

Chris Adams

« Reply #3 on: 19 Nov 2017, 08:07 pm »
I am running M3 Turbos and have them hooked up with Wywire speaker cables.  Just always curious about what others are using and having success with.  What cables does Spatial use at shows with their speakers.  Have recently purchased some Dueland 16 interconnects and love how they work in my system so have been thinking about them as speaker cables.

I know Spatial uses Duelund from connections to the drivers on the X1 and X2 speakers. I don't know about the M3 Turbos. I've been using Duelund from my amps to my X1s and I'm very happy with the results.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #4 on: 19 Nov 2017, 08:33 pm »
Page not found. For me TWL speaker cables

Fixed it.

DavidS

« Reply #5 on: 19 Nov 2017, 08:49 pm »
Chris - are you just using dueland with bare wire terminations or something built as speaker cables.  What thickness gets used for speaker cable - need to go read the Jeff Day blog articles.

Chris Adams

« Reply #6 on: 19 Nov 2017, 09:46 pm »
David,

The speakers are wired internally with 12 gauge to the woofers and 20 gauge to the uniwave driver. I ran 12 gauge directly to the woofers from the amps, bypassing the terminals, and 16 gauge from the amps to the uniwave terminals. I have bananas on the amp end and bare wire on the speaker end. I'd use bare wire on the amp end but the terminals make it a little difficult.

mick wolfe

« Reply #7 on: 20 Nov 2017, 04:37 pm »
FWIW, with my M2 Turbo's I've have excellent synergy with CRL Bronze. CRL is gone, but the CRL cable designs are still available from Twisted Pair Design.

CSI

« Reply #8 on: 20 Nov 2017, 06:36 pm »

Clayton usually exhibits with Anticables at shows so I went with them when I bought my M4's. Been very happy with them and see no need to change. Ended up wiring my whole system with Anticable IC's. No affiliation on my part, I just like them. And they are not at all pricey.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #9 on: 20 Nov 2017, 07:05 pm »
I don’t think price should ever be a deterrent if the difference is justified/worth it and within one’s budget. Great gear is only as good as the weakest link. Cables can and do make a difference and are just as important as any other component in a system.

SFDude

« Reply #10 on: 20 Nov 2017, 07:31 pm »
I have a pair of Kimber 8TCs and they "sound" better than the OFC copper wire and Anticables Level 1 I was using before. Of course, it could be just a psychological thing since Clayton uses Anticables at shows.