Icepower 1200AS amp. Class D like you've never heard before

rwolters, alexscotti, genjamon and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. Read 37818 times.

bavmike

• Industry Participant
Re: Icepower 1200AS amp. Class D like you've never heard before
« Reply #600 on: 20 Nov 2017, 05:00 pm »
Hi guys. Great news. Just got off the phone with Icepower. There’s going to be no price increase at this time. And I’m clear to open Lot 4 deposits. However keep in mind with the holiday season ahead these amps won’t deliver until some time in early January. Once the Lot 4 deposits fill, I’ll get a new lead time quote from all of the suppliers.
« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2017, 07:39 pm by bavmike »

bavmike

• Industry Participant
« Reply #601 on: 20 Nov 2017, 05:14 pm »
Deposits are officially open for the 2 and 6 channel 1200AS2 amps!

https://www.miveraaudio.com/shop

MttBsh

« Reply #602 on: 20 Nov 2017, 05:38 pm »
Thanks Mike. I just ordered an amp with most of the upgrades. I notice there is no separate listing for an "assembled" amp and I understand that's because lot 4 amps are only available assembled.

bavmike

• Industry Participant
« Reply #603 on: 20 Nov 2017, 06:00 pm »
Thanks! Yes they all come assembled now. No more Kit option.

bavmike

• Industry Participant
« Reply #604 on: 21 Nov 2017, 12:15 am »
Lot 4 30% sold out!

2bigears

« Reply #605 on: 21 Nov 2017, 01:20 am »
 :D. Can you please send my refund on your cancellation on my order ?  I should have got it by now ?
          Please send ,,,,,  :D

bavmike

• Industry Participant
« Reply #606 on: 21 Nov 2017, 01:23 am »
Hi Pascal,

As I mentioned in my email, it was refunded already on the 14th:

ohenry

« Reply #607 on: 21 Nov 2017, 01:51 am »
Yep, good ol' paypal will hold the funds for a few days, then you'll have to move it back to your bank.  I'm not sure why paypal doesn't automatically move it to the bank card you used other than to make interest on your PP account credit.  :|

sfox7076

« Reply #608 on: 21 Nov 2017, 02:00 am »
If anyone wants to sell their kit, let me know.  Happy to buy it.  Can also offer trades if anyone here needs tubes.  I have a pretty extensive collection. 

Shawn

bavmike

• Industry Participant
« Reply #609 on: 21 Nov 2017, 02:11 am »
Yep, good ol' paypal will hold the funds for a few days, then you'll have to move it back to your bank.  I'm not sure why paypal doesn't automatically move it to the bank card you used other than to make interest on your PP account credit.  :|

If it was paid from your Paypal balance it goes back instantly. If from credit card it can take a couple day. But your Paypal account still shows you it was refunded. And you get an email at the time the refund is sent. It was this email that was the reason Pascal knows he was refunded in the first place.

These lots are fast moving. So a person needs to be on the ball and check emails often after a deposit is placed. Or I will refund the deposit to make way for someone ready to order come time the lot is filled. It's not fair to everyone else who left deposits, to delay the parts order due to lack of response from others.

pis99

« Reply #610 on: 21 Nov 2017, 02:52 am »
Just put the deposit on a 6-channel amp! I did not add other options at this time. But is my assumption correct that for each option I need to X 6?

bavmike

• Industry Participant
« Reply #611 on: 21 Nov 2017, 02:53 am »
If anyone wants to sell their kit, let me know.  Happy to buy it.  Can also offer trades if anyone here needs tubes.  I have a pretty extensive collection. 

Shawn

If you want an amp with no internal cable I can ship it to you that way. Just message me on my website and we can discuss it:

https://www.miveraaudio.com/

bavmike

• Industry Participant
« Reply #612 on: 21 Nov 2017, 02:55 am »
Just put the deposit on a 6-channel amp! I did not add other options at this time. But is my assumption correct that for each option I need to X 6?

Thanks! You only need 3 of each of the 5 required cables/connectors for each of the 6 channel amps. Because each cable/connector order represents what's required for 2 channels of amplification.

bavmike

• Industry Participant
« Reply #613 on: 21 Nov 2017, 03:11 am »
I edited my webshop to clarify the order quantities required for each amp option.

bavmike

• Industry Participant
« Reply #614 on: 21 Nov 2017, 05:32 am »
Here's some info regarding Dave from Zenwave's Silver/gold OCC wire. This is the exact same wire I use as my silver/gold option in the web shop:

"The custom Neotech silver/gold alloy signal wire used in the D4 is my own OEM product! This wire outperforms the wire available to the general public. While alloy wire has been produced before, this is the only one made using the Ohno Continuous Casting (OCC) method, which produces a far superior wire to normal drawn wire.
This cable has all the positive attributes of UPOCC silver with a more realistic tone and warmth. Compared to the D3 cable it is even more accurate, precise, and neutral. There is more detail and the presentation is near perfect. It is also not as forgiving or laid back vs the D3 cable. A strong point with this cable is tone… UPOCC silver is amazingly accurate but the tone is a little on the thin side, the silver/gold alloy has a warm and amazingly realistic tone that is superior to any other wire I have used. Gauge for gauge this wire is double the price of Duelund silver, and many times the price of most wire on the market today. Consider that the top end cables from WireWorld and Siltech use UPOCC silver and my cable uses the much more expensive and custom OCC silver/gold alloy signal wire, the D4 is a not only one of the best interconnect cables on the market at any price, it is an amazing value."

He describes it better than me. A perfect match if you order this wire internally, is to use his D3 or D4 interconnects. Then you will be using the same wire externally as well:

http://www.zenwaveaudio.com/product/d4-interconnect/

It's not too often that you get to choose the cables/connectors your amp uses right from the internal amp input to your preamp.

uncola

« Reply #615 on: 21 Nov 2017, 05:47 am »
If some fool already made his cable orders but decided to upgrade his analog input wire for both his rca and xlr to neotech occ..  would he just add it to the cart and checkout or should he redo his whole order?

bavmike

• Industry Participant
« Reply #616 on: 21 Nov 2017, 05:50 am »
If some fool already made his cable orders but decided to upgrade his analog input wire for both his rca and xlr to neotech occ..  would he just add it to the cart and checkout or should he redo his whole order?

At any time I can take upgrade orders on connectors/cables for those who have already ordered. I'm ordering extra of all of those supplies to have in my inventory, so no big deal to upgrade.

MttBsh

« Reply #617 on: 21 Nov 2017, 05:58 am »
I'm using Dave's amazing D4 interconnects to feed my current amp and they've brought a huge improvement in clarity, tone and soundstage over other ICs I've used. I feel they've allowed my amp to perform to its true potential. I know using that same wire inside (as well as outside) my new 1200AS amp is going to make it sing! I have no affiliation of any sort with Zenwave but would definitely recommend using these wires in these new amps. I think the price of the upgrade is very small for the improvement it will make.

ZimAhUm

Re: Icepower 1200AS amp kit. Class D like you've never heard before
« Reply #618 on: 21 Nov 2017, 06:06 am »
Just added the 6 channel 1200AS2 lot #1 to the webshop:

Hi Mike,

So glad to hear that lots are back open!

A couple questions:

What will be the dimensions of the 6-channel amp?

After the deposit, how are payments made?  50% when actually ordering parts, then the final 50% when shipping?

Thanks  :green:

uncola

« Reply #619 on: 21 Nov 2017, 06:14 am »
Grr you guys made me break my cable objectivity and get the neotech occ input wire.  This is like when a vegetarian eats meat because he’s on vacation in a Michelin starred steakhouse his friend took him to.  But the zen wave D4 was too subjective, that would be like eating veal.  That poor baby cow