The NFL Season, 17-18

stlrman

Re: The NFL Season, 17-18
« Reply #360 on: 5 Feb 2018, 03:49 pm »
I would also add that Peterson out coached the great Bill Belichick !! Peterson was coaching High School 9 years ago.

stlrman

« Reply #361 on: 5 Feb 2018, 07:55 pm »
Everybody is freaking in Patriots land!!!!!
Why did BB not play his best corner back who played 98% of the snaps ??!!!!
 He says he played the players he thought would give them the best chance to win??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Their secondary got destroyed all game!!!!!!!
WTF
BB is lying . What did Butler do????? Can't be that bad as he played on special teams!!

Is BB really a great big game coach!!!!!!!!!?????????????  He has only won 2 of the the last 5!! The 2 he did win he was bailed out by a fluke interception which should have been a run play to Marshan Lynch.   And the other win last year, he was out coached to a 28-3 half time deficit , only to be bailed out by Tom and the greatest come back in Superbowl history. The 2 losses to the Giants, where the Patriots were clearly a better team and favored. And a loss last night to a team they were supposed to beat by 4 points. But BB stuck to his military guns and benched his best corner back??!!

Emil

JakeJ

« Reply #363 on: 6 Feb 2018, 06:19 pm »
Congratulations to the Eagles, Philadelphia, and all of Pennsylvania.  The first SB is such a sweeeeet victory!

I loved the look on Brady's face after that fumble.  One could argue that Brandon Graham won the SB for the Eagles.

djbnh

« Reply #364 on: 6 Feb 2018, 08:03 pm »
"Fletcher Cox is the greatest thing since wonderbread and will eat up the Pats!" Yeah, right, look at the stats/ film.

"The Eagles defense is the best ever and will shut down the Patriots!" Yeah, right, look at the stats / film / scoreboard.

"Foles outdueled Brady!" Yeah, right, look at the stats / film.

"One play by an Eagles defender cost the Patriots the game!" Yeah, right, look at the film.

"The Patriots defense, except for Gilmore, played their worst game of the year, and played without Malcolm Butler at CB." EXACTLY, look at the stats / film. And if you think Belichick / Matt Patricia (good luck Lions) game planned really well for two weeks, and don't think Belichick's ego factored heavily in this loss, then I can't help you.

Congrats to the Eagles, you won. Enjoy it.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #365 on: 6 Feb 2018, 08:46 pm »
Cox was game planned for, as I said they would do.  They doubled and chipped him the whole game and did a good job with it.

Yup, the Pats got huge chunk plays the whole game that led to the 33 points.  I expected the shots downfield as that's what got the Eagle defense all year.

Foles absolutely outgunned Brady, look at the score.

I agree that one play didn't cost them the game.  It was a pivotal play that made a big impact at the end of the game.

I agree that Butler being out was a big factor.  Losing any starter in the defensive backfield is devastating because it messes with the communication.  Traditionally during big games if a starter misbehaves he sits for the start so he's not listed on the roster as a starter, then you put him in.  Why Belichick benched him at the last second we may never know.

Thanks for the congrats.  I don't want to presuppose, but it seems like you're a deflated Pat fan?  The Pats played a great game and had a chance to win in the fourth quarter.  The Eagles were the better team, they traded punches with the Pats the whole game, but the Pats didn't lose the game on bad plays, they were beaten by a superior team.  Pat fans have nothing to hang their heads about, their team played courageously.

djbnh

« Reply #366 on: 6 Feb 2018, 09:00 pm »
another reason to hate Brady and the Patriots 

http://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2018/02/05/tom-brady-didnt-shake-hands-nick-foles-super-bowl-lii-bad-sport-congratulations/
That's B.S., read Foles' comments, and this quote from the article, "Although it's possible that Brady purposely snubbed Foles, it doesn't seem that way and that's because Brady DID shake hands with at least one Eagles player, and that player was Fletcher Cox."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/did-tom-brady-snub-nick-foles-on-super-bowl-handshake-lets-look-at-the-evidence/

rodge827

« Reply #367 on: 6 Feb 2018, 09:20 pm »
One player out of how many? Looked like a lot on midnight green jerseys on the field that Brady could have taken a few minuets to say “ good game” to. So many current players were little kids when he began his run. He has an obligation to the game to do the right thing...then again he is a Patriot!

Hope to make it to the parade down Broad St on Thursday.  :D :thumb:  :beer: :dance:

djbnh

« Reply #368 on: 6 Feb 2018, 09:53 pm »
One player out of how many? Looked like a lot on midnight green jerseys on the field that Brady could have taken a few minuets to say “ good game” to. So many current players were little kids when he began his run. He has an obligation to the game to do the right thing...then again he is a Patriot!

Hope to make it to the parade down Broad St on Thursday.  :D :thumb:  :beer: :dance:
What are you, the handshake auditor and the Martha Stewart of football post-game etiquette? Read this: http://www.mlive.com/sports/2018/02/tom_brady_doesnt_shake_hands_a.html

I lived in Phila. 10 years including graduating from Temple for undergrad and going to med school. Seen my share of Eagles games on tv and in the stadium. The city has a goodly amount of sports savvy fans, and then there are the blowhards that don't know how to act or speak and thus they tarnish the fan reputation nationally. I hope some day the latter group will learn, but I'm not holding my breath.

I hope the Eagles and the responsible longtime fans enjoy their 1st Super Bowl parade, they are a blast and each one is great. It'll be a bigger deal to clean up than the Mummers Day parade, and I hope SEPTA can keep up with the increased ridership. Sure...LOL...and you'll be the Grand Marshal for the Eagles parade
« Last Edit: 7 Feb 2018, 02:36 am by djbnh »

fredgarvin

« Reply #369 on: 8 Feb 2018, 02:04 pm »
I suspect LeGarret Blount is still sporting a satisfied grin.

JakeJ

« Reply #370 on: 8 Feb 2018, 04:03 pm »
Here's hoping all you Eagle fans in Philly have whole bunch o' fun today!  Should be a good time as long as no one gets hurt.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #371 on: 8 Feb 2018, 04:25 pm »
Over 3 million people lining the parade route, no reports of arrests, everyone is exuberant and in a great mood.  They're replaying the Superbowl on jumbotrons at the Art Museum (Rocky steps) and the fans are cheering like it was live.  Police presence is heavy, but so far unneeded for more than keeping the barricades in place and shoeing some kids off of bus stop roofs.  I don't expect any issues until after the actual parade when the drunk yahoos are trapped downtown and get bored.

Emil

« Reply #372 on: 8 Feb 2018, 06:52 pm »
Eagles fans were spreading ashes of loved ones at the Super Bowl parade
Others brought urns to take in the parade with them. :lol:

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/2/8/16990878/eagles-fans-ashes-super-bowl-parade

Emil

« Reply #373 on: 27 Apr 2018, 02:41 pm »
Sooooooo looking forward to this season :thumb:

rodge827

« Reply #374 on: 27 Apr 2018, 03:25 pm »
Sooooooo looking forward to this season :thumb:

Bring it!

Emil

« Reply #375 on: 27 Apr 2018, 03:50 pm »
Bring it!

I'm more of a Penn State fan than a Giants fan. It will at least give me a reason to watch pro ball.
Happy for the kid.

Emil

« Reply #376 on: 15 Jun 2018, 12:17 pm »

Nice rings!

"World" Champions?

Just a pet peeve of mine :lol:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #377 on: 15 Jun 2018, 12:44 pm »
The rings look so much better when they're the first ones with only one diamond.  I think they look kinda cluttered when they have like, say, six diamonds.

You're not alone about the World Champions nomenclature, I've run across several people that it bothers.  I realize it's a north american sport, but my rationalization is name the other team in the world, outside of the NFL, that could beat the Eagles.

rodge827

« Reply #378 on: 15 Jun 2018, 02:15 pm »
Beautiful rings!
Worn by the right team!
In my not so humble opinion! 8) :lol:

Emil

« Reply #379 on: 15 Jun 2018, 02:54 pm »
Eagles at Giants 10/11/2018 at 8:20Pm

Hmmmmm? Wonder how many yards my man Saquan Barkley will run up that night :D