Mono & Stereo ZenWave D4 Interconnect Review

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Mono & Stereo ZenWave D4 Interconnect Review
« on: 23 Jun 2016, 08:51 pm »
Matej Isak has written a review of my D4 RCA and XLR interconnect cables for his blog/online magazine Mono & Stereo!  :D

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2016/06/zenwave-d4-rca-and-xlr-interconnects.html

I think he has done a great job with the review and has managed to communicate their character well, not an easy task when it comes to reviewing cables.

Folsom

Re: Mono & Stereo ZenWave D4 Interconnect Review
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jun 2016, 09:55 pm »
You make it so hard for reviewers Dave, they just don't have a notable sound... you don't "hear" them.

RDavidson

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jun 2016, 02:57 am »
Great review for a very deserving product!

maxima95

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jun 2016, 08:23 pm »
Good to see yet another favorable review.

A paragraph in the review stated:

"Neotech is the only company licensed to produce Ohno Continuous Cast (OCC) wire. Furukowa recently discontinued their OCC wire production and has switched to a new technology that is less expensive but inferior to OCC. The wire and connectors used in many of ZenWave cables are made of Ultra-Pure OCC (UPOCC) copper, silver and/or silver/gold alloy. The purity of UPOCC metals is estimated at 6N (99.9999%) or greater purity." [Italics Added]

I presume the italicized excerpt from the review is referring to 'Triple C' copper that other companies are now using (Furutech, Arcolink, Nanotec, etc.)?  Apologies for going off on a tangent.

jonbee

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jun 2016, 09:04 pm »
From review:
"There is something just about right with the way D4 cables sounds"
Amen. I've had so many ICs over the years I could never come close to remembering them all, but the D4s are the ones that let the music speak for itself. We can ask no more of our gear.
« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2016, 03:34 am by jonbee »

WGH

« Reply #5 on: 25 Jun 2016, 01:14 am »
I have heard the Zenwave D3 and D4 cables in my system. The only thing I don't like about Zenwave cables is they are so good they never show up in the Trading Post so I'm stuck with my old cables until my ship comes in. Congrats Dave.

Wayne

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #6 on: 25 Jun 2016, 02:53 pm »
Thanks for the comments! :)

Good to see yet another favorable review.

A paragraph in the review stated:

"Neotech is the only company licensed to produce Ohno Continuous Cast (OCC) wire. Furukowa recently discontinued their OCC wire production and has switched to a new technology that is less expensive but inferior to OCC. The wire and connectors used in many of ZenWave cables are made of Ultra-Pure OCC (UPOCC) copper, silver and/or silver/gold alloy. The purity of UPOCC metals is estimated at 6N (99.9999%) or greater purity." [Italics Added]

I presume the italicized excerpt from the review is referring to 'Triple C' copper that other companies are now using (Furutech, Arcolink, Nanotec, etc.)?  Apologies for going off on a tangent.

Yes, Furukowa put out a letter in 2013 saying they were ceasing to use the OCC process. Later I read they have a new process to replace it that isn't grain-free but orients the grains along the length of the wire...

They say PCOCC is discontinued because volume isn't high enough, then come out with a new wire for audio later, triple-C.

http://www.4-traders.com/FURUKAWA-ELECTRIC-CO-LTD-6492459/news/Furukawa-Electric-Co-Ltd-Notice-of-Discontinuation-of-the-Manufacture-and-Supply-of-PCOCC-16511948/

http://www.furutech.com/2015/06/03/10880/

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #7 on: 25 Jun 2016, 03:17 pm »
I have heard the Zenwave D3 and D4 cables in my system. The only thing I don't like about Zenwave cables is they are so good they never show up in the Trading Post so I'm stuck with my old cables until my ship comes in. Congrats Dave.

Wayne

And conversely, if the token Zenwave cable is for sale, it sells rather quickly  :thumb:

Anand.

sonicxtc

« Reply #8 on: 25 Jun 2016, 03:32 pm »
Congratulations Dave on the stellar review.
Your fine cables and reputation continue to grow.
And, on top of that, you're honest and a heck of a nice guy.  8)
I'm grateful that AC members like poseidonsvoice and jonbee (and others) alerted me to your cables.  :beer:

To anyone who hasn't tried Dave's speaker cables, all I can say is they are a gateway to greater clarity without harshness. That has become a litmus test for me: enhanced detail WITHOUT enhanced harshness. That's a rare combination and Dave's cables hit the mark.

maxima95

« Reply #9 on: 25 Jun 2016, 03:43 pm »
"Yes, Furukowa put out a letter in 2013 saying they were ceasing to use the OCC process. Later I read they have a new process to replace it that isn't grain-free but orients the grains along the length of the wire...

They say PCOCC is discontinued because volume isn't high enough, then come out with a new wire for audio later, triple-C.

http://www.4-traders.com/FURUKAWA-ELECTRIC-CO-LTD-6492459/news/Furukawa-Electric-Co-Ltd-Notice-of-Discontinuation-of-the-Manufacture-and-Supply-of-PCOCC-16511948/

http://www.furutech.com/2015/06/03/10880/"

Thanks Dave.