Welcome to the Karma Circle

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
Welcome to the Karma Circle
« on: 15 May 2013, 11:30 am »
The Karma Circle is a place where you can offer up extra audio-related items to your fellow AC Members.
Whoever starts the Karma can set the rules for that particular Karma - must have X number of posts, must offer up the next Karma or whatever.
Have fun!

P.S.
In order to keep this from getting too confusing once a week I'll lock the completed Karmas.
« Last Edit: 17 May 2013, 12:54 am by SteveFord »

WireNut

Re: Welcome to the Karma Circle
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2013, 11:32 am »

Good move Steve  :thumb:

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2013, 11:41 am »
Let the fun and good will flow! :thumb:

PDR

• May the best man win
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2013, 12:08 pm »
Nice, you know I'll participate...I'm a Karma junky.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2013, 12:39 pm »
Neat. Looking forward to it!

medium jim

« Reply #5 on: 15 May 2013, 02:28 pm »
Woo Hoo!

Jim

Maritan

« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2013, 03:18 pm »
Great. I might have something to offer soon enough. We shall see. :)

mgalusha

« Reply #7 on: 15 May 2013, 05:11 pm »
Excellent. This will help me clean up the basement, some things should be good. :)

SteveFord

• Facilitator
« Reply #8 on: 15 May 2013, 08:17 pm »
I'm convinced it works as I just got back from a meeting with the surgeon and I do NOT require sinus surgery after all.
He say's I've made a remarkable recovery and I just need to use Flonase for 6 weeks and only come back if I have problems.
6 weeks ago my sinuses were 80% full with polyps beginning and now I'm good to go.
Thanks also to AJZepp for recommending that sinus flushing machine, by the way, that thing is great.
Oh yeah - I'm allergic to NOTHING!   How weird is that?
A week ago my marriage was FUBARed, now all is right in home and hearth.

I shall put up a Karma Offering presently!

ajzepp

« Reply #9 on: 16 May 2013, 02:06 am »
I'm convinced it works as I just got back from a meeting with the surgeon and I do NOT require sinus surgery after all.
He say's I've made a remarkable recovery and I just need to use Flonase for 6 weeks and only come back if I have problems.
6 weeks ago my sinuses were 80% full with polyps beginning and now I'm good to go.
Thanks also to AJZepp for recommending that sinus flushing machine, by the way, that thing is great.

Wow, that's some serious improvement on all fronts!!!  :thumb:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #10 on: 16 May 2013, 04:08 am »
Good luck with the Kama Sutra ....I mean  :duh:......the Karma Circle... :beer:

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #11 on: 17 May 2013, 12:16 am »
This is a fantastic idea. I am going into my closet this weekend. I'm sure there are a few things that someone can use.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #12 on: 17 May 2013, 12:36 am »
I am going into my closet this weekend. I'm sure there are a few things that someone can use.
That's the way I'm seeing too. It looks like a fun thing to do.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #13 on: 7 Mar 2014, 07:23 pm »
I'm lookin for the matching outboard power supply for a Monolithic Sound PS 1 or 2 phone pre.  Any help is appreciated.  So would be the power supply even if I had to buy the combo. 

SteveFord

• Facilitator
« Reply #14 on: 27 Aug 2014, 10:19 pm »
Does the Karma Circle work?
Well, I put up some Roxy Music albums because things had been a little rough for me.
I put my Buell X1W up on eBay so I could buy a Triumph but no dice, just idiotic lowballers.
Today, out of the blue, I get an email and have sold the Buell so soon you'll be seeing pictures of my "new" bike - it's really wild.

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #15 on: 28 Aug 2014, 12:47 am »
Well - don't know if it's "Kharmic" or belongs on this circle, but think we should pass the collection plate to help Guy13 with his AC problem to make life on Planet Vientnam more bearable + save his gear as well.  I'd give him a window unit I have if shipping to Vietnam wouldn't cost way more than it's worth!

I volunteer to collect (paypal) and pay for shipping to get it out to him (banking / currency controls are problems there).

Just a thought - AC for an AC member.  I know I'd go crazy there with out it, and for a Canuck expat it must be torture  :lol:

Guy 13

« Reply #16 on: 28 Aug 2014, 03:53 am »

Hi Steve and all.
I sure don't want to hijack or derail your thread, but since you are talking about sinus, I guess hay fever as something to do with sinus.
From birth to the age of 6 I was living downtown Montreal, no trees, grass, flowers, etc... Therefore, no allergies and no sinus problems.
When we moved to the suburb (More like the country side at the time) the my allergies started and problems
with my sinus. So bad, that in September, sometimes, I could not even go to school.
It lasted until I move on planet Vietnam.
Here, for the last 20 years, nothing and they have plenty of plants...
Four years ago when I went to visit my mother in Montreal, it was in late July and there it went again.
Blocked sinus 24/24.
Just wanted to share, I hope I am not too much off track.

Guy 13

Guy 13

« Reply #17 on: 28 Aug 2014, 04:03 am »
Well - don't know if it's "Kharmic" or belongs on this circle, but think we should pass the collection plate to help Guy13 with his AC problem to make life on Planet Vientnam more bearable + save his gear as well.  I'd give him a window unit I have if shipping to Vietnam wouldn't cost way more than it's worth!

I volunteer to collect (paypal) and pay for shipping to get it out to him (banking / currency controls are problems there).

Just a thought - AC for an AC member.  I know I'd go crazy there with out it, and for a Canuck expat it must be torture  :lol:

Hi Jon and all.
Good idea, for me of course, but for anyone that's looking for something he cannot find and/or afford.
Now I see even more AC as a big family or a bunch of friends helping each other with stuff and advices.
If anyone want to get rid of anything, but is reluctant (And I understand) to pay an arm and a leg in postage to planet Vietnam, you could always send it to my wife's nephew in Seattle,
he will then (One day) forwarded to me via friends or relatives.
E-mail me at:
guyleduc@hcm.vnn.vn
or
guyleduc13@yahoo.com
to take arrangements.
No, it's not fun living on planet Vietnam:
It's hot and humid, no choice in products, it's always expensive
and sometimes complicated to import stuff here
and of course, not warranty, even if you buy it new.
Don't throw audio stuff in the garbage, recycle by donating to poor audiophiles... :lol:

Guy 13

Guy 13

« Reply #18 on: 28 Aug 2014, 06:39 am »

Hi all.
I want to add something important, at least to me.
I sure don't want to sound like a beggar when I asked if you have something to give me.
I never did that and it's not because now I am on a micro budget that I will start.
However, if you have something for which you don't find use anymore, then,
I will be more than happy to relieve you of it.
I am even ready to pay for the postage from your place to my wife's nephew place in Seattle.
Of course, I have to first know how much money is involve.
In the past, when I was financially more independent,
I use to buy what I wanted and not ask/beg for stuff,
but look like today, it's quite different, plus,
I am on that far far away planet, called Vietnam and that is sure of no help to me.
Thanks.

Guy 13

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #19 on: 29 Aug 2014, 02:24 am »
Well Buddy Guy - seems like your SOL - no responses.  Apparently Kharma only applies to crap we want to get rid of and no one wants to buy from us. 

If your wife's nephew in Seattle is putting together a container or something to send to you in Vietnam.........we'll be happy to fill it with Englebert Humperdinck albums and obsolete hi fi gear.   :lol:

Seriously though - if he is putting together a delivery to you, keep in touch (with me at least) and we'll see what we can send of use to you.  I was planning to just hide some cash in a USPS priority box for you if other's participated.

Hang in there until the AC repair.

Jon