SOLD** VPI Analog Package - Aries 1 Turntable, SDS, Custom Dust Cover,..**SOLD

honeybird

Unfortunately circumstances dictate that I must sell off my system which has given me enormous enjoyment and which took years to acquire. This provides you with a fantastic opportunity to get a complete high quality analog system at a realistic price:

VPI Aries 1 with JMW 10 Memorial Tonearm. The Aries 1 is extremely difficult to find. People who have one rarely upgrade to a new table if they have the original platter. The later models with the clear acrylic platter were not as good. This table has the "Piano Black" finish which is beautiful with no swirls.  Check the pics to see the beautiful sheen. It comes with the original "Black" platter, considered by some critics to be one of the finest Harry Weisfeld ever built. (Do a search on Arthur Salvatore. He is considered by many to be the best, non-biased critic of high end audio.) Here is a short excerpt from his web site:

"I've owned and lived with an Aries 1/JMW-10.5 combination. They provide the best performance and value I know of at anywhere near their (now used) price points. The Aries will provide excellent performance in every sonic area, and it's very easy to set-up since it has no suspension. It is more attractive than most of their other models and is also very well built. Because of the setup, I was not able to isolate the individual performance characteristics of the turntable and tonearm....It’s worth the extra money (if you have it) to move up to the Aries from the HW-19. The only TNT model we feel is superior to the Aries, is the (now also used) TNT-6 "Hot-Rod", with the really heavy platter."

VPI SDS: From the VPI web site: "The Synchronous Drive System (SDS) combines a turntable motor speed controller and a line isolator into one convenient 19" x 3" x 12" (W x H x D) package. The SDS breaks new ground in clean accurate power delivery using advanced digital technology and quartz crystal accuracy." It is in mint condition and truly eliminates fluctuations of power which affect table speed. The front display panel still has the original protective film attached.

Custom Aries Dust Cover: Two piece clear acrylic, flawless condition. No scratches, light swirls.

Clearaudio Virtuoso cartridge: MM Cartridge with limited hours. I bought this used and it has been great.

Misc. Accessories: are also included and shown in the pics.

This package will ship in 4 boxes and will require a signature.

The total price is $3150. Free shipping to Conus. Payment by check, or PayPal (3% surcharge).

« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2016, 06:13 pm by honeybird »

honeybird

Price reduction.