need opinions from VMPS experts....

zadfrak

need opinions from VMPS experts....
« on: 17 Sep 2013, 11:49 am »
FYIReally could use some expertise here because I'm only familar with VMPS by name and reputation only. I've known about them since the 70's but confess to never hearing any. But always paid attention, if you understand.

Have infinity 4.5's and bought them in 81. Yep, I have been through lots of emim's through the years. Lots. And that isn't going to change and certainly is not going to get easier.

Have a bi-amped system and think vmps super tower 3's slide right in and I don't skip a beat.

Krell ksa 100 for bass. Conrad Johnson Premier 4 for mids. Modded audio research sp8 preamp. VPI tnt table with best jmw arm and benz micro cartridge. MIT 330 interconnect cables and MIT 750 speaker cables.

Obviously, a 100% vinyl setup.

So looking very very hard at the VMPS as a replacement. And infinity rs1b's and Duntech Soveriegns.

Comments and opinions welcome.........

Thnks.

Hemy

Re: need opinions from VMPS experts....
« Reply #1 on: 13 Dec 2013, 01:22 pm »
Hello there! I am a big VMPS fan and am recently building toward an all VMPS Home Theater speaker system. This link http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=121736.0 takes you to a pair of tower ii's and a sub. I would go with these and I doubt you would be dissapointed!

Housteau

« Reply #2 on: 13 Dec 2013, 02:32 pm »
I was also an Infinity owner having the RS1bs for many years (around 17).  I also owned Acoustats and the original Martin Logan CLS before that.  For me VMPS was the natural progression up from what I was used to and by a large margin.  The neighboring thread here has some RM V60s for sale.  Those are the ticket.  On an Infinity scale, they fall a good bit above the RS1bs and the Betas and just below the IRS Vs.  I was able to get the matching bass columns, the VLAs, but most who have the V60s are using standard subs.  They were designed with these options in mind.

They are quite majestic in appearance.  The photos in that thread are poor and do not do them justice.  Take a look at my gallery for some better ones.

Bob Stark

« Reply #3 on: 17 Dec 2013, 01:08 am »
Zadfrak,
    If you want to hear my loaded pair of Rm40s I have before they are gone, give me a call.  Need to act very quickly.  This sold pair will be gone in a couple days.  You're only about an hour away.

Bob Stark   (815) 230-2199

rbbert

« Reply #4 on: 17 Dec 2013, 01:44 am »
And my RM-40's are still for sale as well, alrhough much farther west

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=120416.0