FS: Single Emerald kit with enclosure $50 (price drop!!)

plw

Hello,

Got married, and due to combining homes, I am selling a single hand-made Audio Concepts (ACI) Emerald. I was using it for a center channel along with some ACI Opals (also built from a kit; already sold). 

The kit was purchased directly from ACI. It is complete with an enclosure built exactly to ACI specifications by a professional cabinet maker and myself (see pictures). The cabinet is made of 3/4" MDF and is very solid. The speaker is encircled in mahogany veneer. The front and back are covered with black counter-top laminate. No grill cover, but included is a small sheet of 1/2" MDF, and plastic grill fasteners.  The crossover came pre-assembed from ACI.

Two Items to let you know...

1)The Mahogany veneer is a little rippled to the touch and has small seam gaps (We believe the MDF was colder than the veneer when we put it on, and the two expanded at different rates right after contact). Not too noticeable, but could be improved upon.

2)The the tweeter and woofer dustcap were poked in by little fingers.  Was able to simply repair using a vacuum cleaner to suck them right back out (my mothers idea!).  It is barely noticeable on the mid-woofer, and not at all on the tweeter.  I do not believe this has affected the sound.  The small ripple you see on the inner-cone of the mid-Woofer was actually there when it came in from ACI, and is not part of the damage.

$50 for the one speaker.

Please see photos of the speaker at my Google site http://sites.google.com/site/emeraldsforsale/.

philwimmer@gmail.com

Shipping from 98683

Appreciate everybody looking... and thanks much for an excellent speaker Mike!
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2010, 01:25 am by plw »

Replyto

Re: FS: Single Emerald kit with enclosure $85
« Reply #1 on: 7 Apr 2010, 07:23 am »
See my Web site for photos... Thanks!

http://sites.google.com/site/emeraldsforsale/home

plw

Re: FS: Single Emerald kit with enclosure $50 (price drop!!)
« Reply #2 on: 30 Apr 2010, 01:26 am »
Bump for price drop!