Latest Live Shows You've Been To...

pocomo

Re: Latest Live Shows You've Been To...
« Reply #1320 on: 9 Aug 2017, 08:53 pm »
Most recent show: Rickie Lee Jones at the Narrows Music Center in Fall River MA, last Friday 8/4/2017.   No pictures taken (at RLJ's request). 

She is a true artist, and her voice is still 90% of what it was 35 years ago.  She played with Mike Dillon (percussion & vibes, fantastic musician) and a young guitar player from Mike's band (didn't catch his name).   About half the set are classic songs from her first couple of records and then some 'deeper' cuts, like the closer 'Infinity' from her 2015 release which was absolutely stunning. Even the 'standards' she makes sound fresh with her very free-form improv phrasing.  We chatted with Mike after the show and he said Rickie is like a 'jazz shaman' who somehow gets the best out of him every night.

I loved it and can't wait to have her return to Boston in October.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1321 on: 9 Aug 2017, 08:58 pm »
How do you guys keep your vertical pictures from laying on their side. Every time I upload a vertical picture, AC turns it lengthwise on its side.

TIA,

Laura

pocomo

« Reply #1322 on: 9 Aug 2017, 09:08 pm »
I dunno, I didn't do anything other than click the button and upload through the editor. Maybe there's some JPEG metadata that tells AC the orientation?  Are you taking pictures with your phone?

My pictures looked a lot better in full res, but at least it gives a flavor.  Too bad AC doesn't have a 'click to expand' feature.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1323 on: 9 Aug 2017, 09:21 pm »
I dunno, I didn't do anything other than click the button and upload through the editor. Maybe there's some JPEG metadata that tells AC the orientation?  Are you taking pictures with your phone?

My pictures looked a lot better in full res, but at least it gives a flavor.  Too bad AC doesn't have a 'click to expand' feature.

Yes, taking them with an iPhone 6

pocomo

« Reply #1324 on: 9 Aug 2017, 11:05 pm »
Hmmmph. I have an android but I can't see that making any difference.  Very puzzling, I wish I knew the answer.

But don't let a little thing like that stop you from posting!

JakeJ

« Reply #1325 on: 10 Aug 2017, 01:19 am »

Here you go, Laura.

Here's how I do this when I get an obstinate phone picture.  If you have MS Office and have loaded the tools there is a handy little app called "Microsoft Office Picture Manager" which will do most minor editing for orientation, size, crop, color, brightness and contrast, etc.  So you just open the image file in Picture Manager and manipulate as needed and save your work.  Can also convert formats.

Yes it's a few extra steps but easy and quick.

There are other apps that can do these simple tasks. MS Paint can do the rotation trick too.

FWIW :dunno:

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1326 on: 10 Aug 2017, 01:28 am »
Thanks Jake. I will give that a try.

When I posted, I transferred the pic from my phone to my hard drive and it appeared correctly on my computer, but when I uploaded it to A/C, it went lengthwise.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #1327 on: 10 Aug 2017, 02:07 am »
Black Sabbath, 4 Feb 2017 for the last show of The End tour in Birmingham, UK.

guf

« Reply #1328 on: 10 Aug 2017, 05:14 am »
The Phish at MSG #bakersdozen

stlrman

« Reply #1329 on: 20 Aug 2017, 10:00 pm »
Big Woods Brothers fan here. Seen em 3 times! :thumb: once in a very small club , front row 75 people.

Tonight Pittsburgh Ballet , free, Hartwood Acres

Rusted Root here in a couple of weeks!!! :thumb: :thumb:

stlrman

« Reply #1330 on: 4 Sep 2017, 12:34 am »

Rusted Root !!!oh yeah :thumb: :thumb:
Free at Hartwood Acres.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1331 on: 4 Sep 2017, 05:21 pm »
Richie Furay Band with Paul Cotton playing the music of Poco with a little Buffalo Springfield, SHF and Richie's solo stuff thrown in at the Tri-Lakes Art Center in Palmer Lake CO, 8-25-17.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1332 on: 4 Sep 2017, 07:36 pm »
The Lumineers at Fiddler's Green Amphitheater, Greenwood Village CO 8-26-17 with the Cave Singers and Andrew Bird opening

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #1333 on: 4 Sep 2017, 10:25 pm »

Rusted Root !!!oh yeah :thumb: :thumb:
Free at Hartwood Acres.

I haven't seen Rusted Root in over 15years, but I bet they still rock!!   :drums: :guitar: :rock:

George

RandyH

« Reply #1334 on: 4 Sep 2017, 10:54 pm »
I saw Lyle Lovett and his Large Band last Tuesday evening.  Sorry, no pictures.

deadhead

« Reply #1335 on: 4 Sep 2017, 11:28 pm »
Three Dead and Company shows in one week.  I've taken a break since.  I'm not 19 anymore!

rockadanny

« Reply #1336 on: 24 Sep 2017, 12:47 am »
Making the best of being stuck in Cleveland for the next few months is easy when you get to see Lil' Ed & the Blues Imperials at the Music Box Supper Club on the riverfront ("The Flats"). Love me some electric slide guitar blues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hdzqSM7zxw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQTdFbcRhDc

ccklone

• The Only Good Head is a Deadhead
« Reply #1337 on: 24 Sep 2017, 01:55 am »
Hey Now,

Sam Bush at the KCD Theater in Louisville, KY on September 8th. I love this venue! Next up Iris Dement, then Bela Fleck & Abigal Washburn!

--
Finest kind,
Chris

Delta77

« Reply #1338 on: 24 Sep 2017, 02:09 am »
Paso Robles, Ca.
Pepper-( tons of energy for 3 guys)
Tribal Seeds-(very good)
Fortunate Youth -  (just had fun)

I haven't been to a live event since "Day on the green" Oakland,Ca.
Metallica- (Black album)..

This "new to me" Cali-Reggae style music has got me  listening to music for hours on end..
So $80 got me and the wife front row tickets ..
For a few hours I felt 21 again ,and the wife also could not sit down for long..
Its amazing how music can make you feel, mind body and soul..

I loved it and am already looking for the next one

ccklone

• The Only Good Head is a Deadhead
« Reply #1339 on: 24 Sep 2017, 02:12 am »
. . . . . Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison, Colorado, . . . . . . The best concert venue on the planet! . . . . .

Hey Now,

That's why we had our wedding reception there for 3 nights with the Grateful Dead on July 27-28-29, 1982. It was the only way to get all of our friends together in one place  :lol:

--
Finest kind,
Chris
« Last Edit: 24 Sep 2017, 12:54 pm by ccklone »