Evoke Loudspeakers Launches New Planar Speaker

Evoke

• Industry Participant
    • EVOKE Planar Loudspeakers
Evoke Loudspeakers Launches New Planar Speaker
« on: 24 Mar 2016, 12:23 am »
This is to introduce Evoke Loudspeakers. Evoke is a loudspeaker company whose mission is to build high end loudspeakers that perform many times their price. Evoke has begun production of their first speaker, "Eddie", a 3-way monitor featuring a high performance planar midrange. Please feel free to post for more information. The picture is of Eddie in a proto-cabinet. Production is now in production. Also - please feel free to visit the website. www.evokespeakers.com

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Evoke Loudspeakers Launches New Planar Speaker
« Reply #1 on: 24 Mar 2016, 01:45 am »
Great to know Eddie speakers are now in production.  John has said wonderful things about Eddie.

How long till you have speakers available for auditions? Can you ship a pair to Oregon in time for an audiophile get together on April 16th? How much for shipping?

Has a price been decided upon?

Are walk-ins welcome? [I will be in L.A. at the end of April.]

I guess this is a good start.

Regards,
Michael

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 24 Mar 2016, 02:04 am »
Welcome to AC - speakers look great!

mr_bill

« Reply #3 on: 24 Mar 2016, 02:04 am »
Bump for an interesting new product! .......and for production going into production

srb

« Reply #4 on: 24 Mar 2016, 02:33 am »
Bump for an interesting new product!

At this point, I can't find it either interesting or uninteresting because you can only make that determination if the price is known.

.......and for production going into production

After which I assume availability will become available .....  ;)

John Casler

« Reply #5 on: 24 Mar 2016, 05:15 am »
Great to know Eddie speakers are now in production.  John has said wonderful things about Eddie.

How long till you have speakers available for auditions? Can you ship a pair to Oregon in time for an audiophile get together on April 16th? How much for shipping?

Has a price been decided upon?

Are walk-ins welcome? [I will be in L.A. at the end of April.]

I guess this is a good start.

Regards,
Michael

Hi Michael,

Well, I am pretty excited to see the EVOKE Circle, and look forward to a lot of good conversation, but even more GREAT LISTENING.

I have spoken with Mark Summers (the owner) regarding your GTG in April, and it is our intention to put every effort into making that happen for you, as well (hopefully) of getting you some of the NuPRIME gear you ask about too.

Should be magical.

At the same time, we have discussed maybe using your event to start an EVOKE TRIAL/TOUR if we have enough interest.

Regarding price; Pricing is always an issue and ever since I have known Mark and been advising on EVOKE, I have pushed for the PRICE/PERFORMANCE envelope I was familiar with with Brian Cheney and VMPS.

I have had the luxury of actually hearing these incredible speakers in my room, in my system, and I am selling all my VMPS speakers.

The large standmount EDDIE is slated to eventually retail at $3695.  Let me assure you, this Speaker will rival ANY StandMount in existence for INCREDIBLE ABILITY to reproduce MUSIC, as accurately as it was recorded, AT ANY PRICE.

Introductory Retail will be $3495.

However, to get the ball rolling, and Eddies out in the field, Mark has suggested a "FOUNDERS CIRCLE" for those who move forward initially.

There will be several advantages to being in the Founders Circle, and either Mark or I will post all of those quite soon, but the BEST thing is the Price for a TO BE ANNOUNCED number of pairs will be $2995 plus shipping.  This then will slightly increase gradually, until we meet our goals for each Founders Circle stage.

But anyhow, I do want to get "your ears" in front of a pair of these and watch your face.   :green:

dB Cooper

« Reply #6 on: 24 Mar 2016, 11:47 am »
Come to Capital Audiofest, July 8-9-10

mresseguie

« Reply #7 on: 24 Mar 2016, 12:33 pm »
Awesome news, John.

I'll pass this along to the other guys who will attend the GTG.

Thank you!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #8 on: 24 Mar 2016, 01:28 pm »
This is to introduce Evoke Loudspeakers. Evoke is a loudspeaker company whose mission is to build high end loudspeakers that perform many times their price. Evoke has begun production of their first speaker, "Eddie", a 3-way monitor featuring a high performance planar midrange. Please feel free to post for more information. The picture is of Eddie in a proto-cabinet. Production is now in production. Also - please feel free to visit the website. www.evokespeakers.com

Wish you the best of luck on your new company and speaker.

Just looked at the website and you don't have any pictures of your speaker...probably want to fix that ASAP.

If I looked at a speaker vendor's website and didn't see a single product picture, that would pretty much cross them off my list.

Just my two cents...

George

md92468

« Reply #9 on: 24 Mar 2016, 02:21 pm »
Wish you the best of luck on your new company and speaker.

Just looked at the website and you don't have any pictures of your speaker...probably want to fix that ASAP.

If I looked at a speaker vendor's website and didn't see a single product picture, that would pretty much cross them off my list.

Just my two cents...

George

Agreed. If you announce a significant product launch and your website isn't ready, it doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the company. Ultimately a good product will likely overcome a bumpy start, but why shoot yourself in the foot right out of the gate?

Evoke

• Industry Participant
« Reply #10 on: 24 Mar 2016, 03:58 pm »
Thanks for the feedback, George. I was hoping that the production prototype cabinet would be truly final. The construction was perfect. But the veneer was garbage! So the production run has started with the final finish and that holds off the photo shoot. The site home page has the image of Eddie at the top of the thread. The website also shows images of the drivers. The cabinet technology page shows the actual cabinet too. When the photo shoot is finished the home page photo will be updated and the gallery will be loaded up. I'm showing you a picture I shot with my phone below that I was circulating with a small Golden Ears group that participated in the fine tuning of Eddie. Please forgive the wood as it's not final. I'll post a sample of that soon. Thanks!

mresseguie

« Reply #11 on: 24 Mar 2016, 04:12 pm »
They have a FaceBook page with a frontal shot of the three-way speaker.

I think this is still in 'preview' mode and that we've been offered a sneak peek of what will be shipping in a few weeks. After reading both FB and their admittedly incomplete website, I know this is their first model and there are plans for other models in the future. Under the 'technology' heading, I discovered Eddie's specs. 89dB, 32 Hz to 30kHz +3/-3dB, 4 Ohms, 100 watts minimum, 24"H X 10.25"W X 16 3/8D, approximate weight 65 pounds.

Click a few tabs. Poke around a little.

I have never heard a VMPS speaker, so John's declaration that Eddie is so good that he's willing to sell his VMPS gear doesn't actually mean anything to me. However, I have figured out that either this speaker is over the top great sounding, or John is just being a cheerleader. Personally, I hope to be blown away upon hearing a pair. I'll even forgive John if a bit of cheerleading is involved so long as the results speak for themselves. :wink:

There will be a good seven audiophiles (certified addicts) at Alan's GTG next month who (hopefully) will get to listen to a pair of Eddies. Three or four of us are AC members, so expect to read opinions soon after the GTG ends.

Michael

John Casler

« Reply #12 on: 24 Mar 2016, 05:25 pm »
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your kind words, and those who have been on the VMPS Circle for any period of time KNOW, that I am a Cheerleader for gear that I like.

We all know that virtually EVERYONE has listening "preferences" and those preferences can be all over the map.

Mine, in general are:

Wide Realistic Frequency Response
Ability to produce Bass detail and Harmonic Overtones
Full and realistic Midrange
High End detail and Transparency
Macro and micro Dynamics in all Frequencies
I am a big fan of IMAGING, as in hearing specific performers in their own space proportional to the other performers
I am a big fan of a well formed SOUNDSTAGE with sufficient height, depth and width
I tend to want a speaker, system and room to give me accuracy rather than sonic leniency so that great recordings sound GREAT and bad recordings sound BAD.
I tend to like systems that transport me to the performance, rather than place the performance in the room.
I also like a system that allows me to hear most deeply into a recording and be aware of the most subtle details and sounds, without sounding analytical.  I have reams of very special Reference Cuts, where I have explored and uncovered details, that many systems do not allow you to hear.
And many more, including a reasonable price.

So everyone who reads my comments (cheerleading) should keep these preferences in mind

My excitement, as I explained on the VMPS Circle, was due to a couple years of searching for a speaker that had the above qualities and performance, with a price that was reasonable and affordable to the enthusiast who enjoys HIGH PERFORMANCE LISTENING as much as I do, and well as has a passion for simply listening to music of all kinds.

Will this speaker work for everyone?

Surely not.

Others may have different criteria of their personal SOUND, and even a certain Aesthetic or look.

You cannot please everyone, but I tend to think anyone who spends sufficient time with this speaker, who takes the time to set it up properly, who shares similar preferences, will find it EXACTLY what the Doctor Ordered.

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #13 on: 24 Mar 2016, 09:14 pm »

Since I am the host of the Oregon Get Together I would like to thank mresseguie for jumping :bounce: on this chance to hear this new speaker.

I am also proud to host the event and I think I will look at upgrading the two jars of pickles to add Olives and maybe those little Onions?

mresseguie had sent me the link to your Facebook posting shortly after John C. had posted his VMPS speaker collection for sale.  While I have never had the pleasure of hearing the VMPS it's presence and admiration is well documented.

Once again if I can be of any service while the "Eddie's are here I will be glad to assist.  And if there is some additional folks that would like to hear them while in this neck of the woods please speak up.  I might have to get a second day of pickles :thumb:

Alan

Evoke

• Industry Participant
Evoke "Eddie" Auditions and Founders' Circle
« Reply #14 on: 27 Mar 2016, 11:36 pm »
If you are going to be in Los Angeles and want to hear the production prototypes of EDDIE, PM to make arrangements. The finished production model will be revealed at an upcoming event. More on that later!

For the early adopters there will be a "Founders' Circle". This will include special introductory pricing, upgrade privileges and lifetime discounts on future models. Eddie should be in stock in 6 to 8 weeks.

Eddie has been busy. The crossover just completed 3 more rounds of tweaks. It's ready!

Last night Eddie binge watched "House of Cards" (great studio mix), this morning a reference recording of Rhapsody in Blue, and this afternoon rockin' to some Human League on Pandora Hi-Res this. Who is watching "The Walking Dead" tonight?  Eddie is.

Evoke

• Industry Participant
EVOKE Debuts at "THE Show" in Newport Beach this June
« Reply #15 on: 30 Mar 2016, 11:21 pm »
Just a heads up. EVOKE will be debuting at THE Show in Newport Beach this June. I look forward to everyone having a chance to hear Eddie. I can't name the electronics company we've paired up with yet - but when tested with Eddie, the high power amps had Eddie singing its praises!

Evoke

• Industry Participant
Evoke EDDIE Planar Speaker Production Update
« Reply #16 on: 7 Apr 2016, 10:31 pm »
Here's a status update on Eddie. All the parts are arriving every day. The cabinets are currently in final CAD with production samples ready for approval next week. Eddie is also undergoing performance testing. Can't wait to see those results! And today was a lot of fun when UPS delivered Eddies logos. The deadline is approaching. Eddie will debut at T.H.E. Show in Room 1046 this June!

Evoke

• Industry Participant
« Reply #17 on: 15 Apr 2016, 11:06 pm »
It's official. EDDIE will be debuting at T.H.E. Show in Newport Beach from June 3rd to 5th in ROOM 1046. It's on the same floor as the bar! You can buy tickets at http://theshownewport.com/buy-tickets/   EDDIE will be powered by NuPRIME electronics and connected with WiWires cables. NuPRIME was one of the amps used for development and together with EDDIE the sound is amazing.

You can also find NuPRIME at their Audio Circle at http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=199.0

srb

« Reply #18 on: 16 Apr 2016, 12:36 am »
EDDIE will be powered by NuPRIME electronics and connected with WiWires cables.

WyWires

John Casler

« Reply #19 on: 16 Apr 2016, 09:16 pm »
Since, I am loving the EVOKE Speakers and an NuPRIME Dealer, I will take a little responsibility for putting these guys together at THE SHOW.

I know I will be there in an Ambassador and Dealer Capacity, so I hope to see you all.

I will be having another NuPRIME/EVOKE listening session soon with the new MCH K-38 NuPRIME amp and will report back with the extended listening outcome.

I have been using this amp with the VMPS Speakers and if the EDDIES have the same interaction with this AMP, I am not sure I will be able to contain myself.

Audio has not been this exciting in a LONG TIME.
« Last Edit: 8 May 2016, 12:31 am by John Casler »