Synergy Hifi/Create Audio Tubes

dodgealum

Synergy Hifi/Create Audio Tubes
« on: 8 Jul 2012, 02:06 am »
Anyone try their 5AR4 and/or 6SN7's in the LS100? How about their fuses in same? Thanks.

modwright

Re: Synergy Hifi/Create Audio Tubes
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2012, 04:52 pm »
I have their 5AR4 and fuses and am still evaluating them.  I don't have the 6SN7's.

Thanks,

Dan

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2012, 05:32 pm »
I am using Synergy HiFi fuses and rectifier tubes in my LS36.5DM for a bit.  I like them.  I have a pair of Amperex made in Britain by Mullard and like the Synergy tubes better.

Scottdazzle

« Reply #3 on: 14 Sep 2012, 09:38 pm »
I have their 5AR4 and fuses and am still evaluating them.  I don't have the 6SN7's.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan, any verdict yet on the Synergy 5AR4 tubes?  At $100 a pop your opinion is eagerly awaited.

DTB300

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2013, 06:31 pm »
I have had a Synergy in my PS for a few months now and it is still running strong.   Now I do not have a new one to compare against.

Would be interested in hearing what Dan W thinks about them...

shahed

« Reply #5 on: 2 Apr 2013, 07:36 pm »
Dan, Any update on the Synergy 5AR4/GZ34 tubes? I'd really welcome any suggestion regarding the GZ34/5AR4 rectifier tubes for my LS100.

On a separate note, Synergy fuse has been mentioned in this thread. Any feedback on them or any other fuse upgrade for LS100 in general? Which value of fuse should I purchase?

Srajan Ebaen

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 2 Apr 2013, 08:32 pm »
I've had Synergy/Create 300B, 6SN7, 5AR4, 12AX7, 12AU7 and EL84. Every single tube type was ultra competitive to the best I'd heard and in many cases my favorite. A common thread would be dynamic, clean, extended and 'bold'. I'm quite experienced with 300B to be very confident with that assessment. I've played around with various 5AR4 including Mullard equivalents and found the Synergy best. I've not heard many popular 6SN7 NOS types so there I'm on thinner ice. A euro 24.000 Concert Fidelity preamp a reader loaned me for a few months had gone through a number of 12AU7 and, as delivered, ended up with Synergies. Not sure this post is ultra specific as to the original inquiry but it might add some data points. And in my usage, no failures either  :thumb:

All my Synergies unfortunately left the building with the sale of various gear so I can't say how their 6SN7 would compare to the Psvane blackies I currently have in Dan's modded Oppo 105... but I dare imagine they'd hold up quite well...

shahed

« Reply #7 on: 2 Apr 2013, 10:58 pm »
Thank you Srajan! Thats quite an endorsement coming from you! I already have the Synergy 5AR4 in my LS 100. I haven't used any other rectifier tubes, so didn't have a reference point of how it compares to others. Your feedback is really helpful.

Btw, I'm curious, do you still have your modwright amp? If you do, which preamp you use with it? I'm curious to know how a non-modwright pre will do with a KWA 100/150SE given their impedance matches.

Best,
Shahed

Srajan Ebaen

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 4 Apr 2013, 03:10 pm »
Yes, I still have my ModWright amp. I'm just about to publish my conclusion on the Thrax review which includes a euro 24.000 pair of 100-watt Mosfet monos. Then you'll see why I haven't let go of the KWA-100SE  :oops:

After my recent 'odyssey' through a variety of tube preamps including the Thrax, the Octave and the Nagra against my in-house ModWright and TruLife Audio and also the transistor Esoteric C-03 and Bent Audio Tap-X passive, I splurged and bought the Nagra Jazz. So that's now running all my solid-state amps - the SIT1  monos, the Bakoon and the ModWright. With its 50-ohm output impedance, the Nagra plays anything and everything. I can even set the SIT1 to direct-to-transistor mode without the switchable impedance buffer (for tube preamps with high output impedance).  :P

The only reason you don't see the KWA100-SE appear more often in reviews is that I tend to not go after speakers which need powerful amps (I have a brain fart when it comes to those and think them less than completely smart from a consumer perspective). But for the upcoming Aries Cerat Stentor (88dB, 30-part crossover, sealed 10 woofers with brilliant extension), it'll play a main part because the speaker's bass response gets better control when the ModWright holds the reins...

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #9 on: 4 Apr 2013, 04:32 pm »
Thanks for the comments Srajan.

I'm going to try to get some to test in our Melody amps to find out. :)
I've had Synergy/Create 300B, 6SN7, 5AR4, 12AX7, 12AU7 and EL84. Every single tube type was ultra competitive to the best I'd heard and in many cases my favorite. A common thread would be dynamic, clean, extended and 'bold'. I'm quite experienced with 300B to be very confident with that assessment. I've played around with various 5AR4 including Mullard equivalents and found the Synergy best. I've not heard many popular 6SN7 NOS types so there I'm on thinner ice. A euro 24.000 Concert Fidelity preamp a reader loaned me for a few months had gone through a number of 12AU7 and, as delivered, ended up with Synergies. Not sure this post is ultra specific as to the original inquiry but it might add some data points. And in my usage, no failures either  :thumb:

All my Synergies unfortunately left the building with the sale of various gear so I can't say how their 6SN7 would compare to the Psvane blackies I currently have in Dan's modded Oppo 105... but I dare imagine they'd hold up quite well...

Gopher

« Reply #10 on: 12 Jun 2013, 12:58 am »
Thanks for the comments Srajan.

I'm going to try to get some to test in our Melody amps to find out. :)

Did you ever try them, Hugh?  I've got a quad of the 6SN7s coming to try in my PB101

Audioclyde

« Reply #11 on: 12 Jun 2013, 02:12 am »
I had a pair of the Synergy/Create 300B's a couple years ago when I had my Grant Fidelity 300B amp.  In many ways I preferred the Creates over the Black Treasures--I thought the Creates were more linear and cleaner/extended both bass & treble.  The BT's were a bit more 'romantic'.

I never tried the 6sn7's, but was tempted more than once.  I'll be interested to hear your assessment.

Randy

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #12 on: 12 Jun 2013, 03:00 am »
No, I have not.
Been too busy to even try to.
I'm anxious to hear your impressions though.
Did you ever try them, Hugh?  I've got a quad of the 6SN7s coming to try in my PB101

Fork

• Industry Participant
  • (855) JAGAUDIO
    • JaguarAudioDesign.com
« Reply #13 on: 6 Jul 2013, 06:25 pm »
Dan, any verdict yet on the Synergy 5AR4 tubes?  At $100 a pop your opinion is eagerly awaited.

Hi Scottdazzle.  As a retailer of Synergy HiFi tubes (JaguarAudioDesign.com) I won't comment here on what they can do.  I sent Dan a 6SN7 about a year ago.  I'm sure he'll get around to evaluating it, but he's always got a lot of irons in the fire, so it may not be as soon as you'd like.  However, if you want to do your own evaluation I will send you one or a pair to evaluate for 45 days.  If it doesn't blow you away, send it back.  Note: you have to put 80hrs on these to break them in or they won't sound right; if you try to evaluate them before they're fully broken in, you're just wasting your time.

Regards,

Darin