sp3 help

SHV

sp3 help
« on: 24 Jul 2014, 07:37 pm »
My sp3 was shut down for a month during room renovations and after restarting the front panel buttons don't work, the LCD is dark, volume control isn't responsive and the remote operates the sp3 sluggishly.  Spoke to Mike at Bryston and he feels that firmware is likely corrupted and that eeprom needs to be reset to default.  The problem is that the sp3 LCD display isn't functioning and therefore can't access the service menu directly.  I have tried to access the sp3 via my i-phone and Macbook but the old IP address isn't recognized (system wasn't set up with static address).

Any suggestions from the computer/network folks for how I might get remote access to the sp3?  I have tried several methods from the sp3 manual but haven't tried direct connection via a cross over cable.   

Steve

JRace

• Greetings one and Everyone!
Re: sp3 help
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2014, 11:26 pm »
You need to log into your router and see what devices are connected, and that should also tell you your ip.

Look pn your router for the ip, usually

Enter that into a browser and you should see a log in page.
The name and password should also be on the router.

SHV

Re: sp3 help
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jul 2014, 12:53 am »
Thanks, I was able to access the sp3 via Macbook, unfortunately it seems that the "misc" menu and eprom can only be accessed using the front panel controls.

Steve