Design Acoustics PS-10

rcag_ils

Design Acoustics PS-10
« on: 21 Dec 2014, 01:02 am »

Got done re-foaming the woofers not too long ago. Broke them in and resolved some positioning issue. These are one of the speakers built by people who care about music, these speakers are by no mean perfect, but sound very nice. I hope they'll last for another 30 years.

FireGuy

Re: Design Acoustics PS-10
« Reply #1 on: 21 Dec 2014, 01:26 am »
If I were to get into this type of gear again this would be the quality of speaker I'd go after.  Appearance displays pure vintage with a neomodern edge.  Moreover, there are many speakers designers/engineers (today) who care about "the music".    That's good for all us.

ccklone

• The Only Good Head is a Deadhead
« Reply #2 on: 21 Dec 2014, 03:23 am »
Hey Now,

Those look real nice. I have a pair with refoamed woofers and use them in a near field computer set up. Sounds great, love the imaging and detail. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

--
Finest kind,
Chris

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #3 on: 21 Dec 2014, 03:46 am »
My Design Acoustics D-12's are still in HT service. 
You can see them peeking out from behind my stereo speakers, the LS9s. I'm pretty sure the company changed hands before the PS-10 series were manufactured- yep, they were bought out by Audio Technica.  The D-12 and D-6 models were designed by the founder, George Siolis, IIRC.