ModWright in Munich at HiFi Deluxe - Gold Show Award - BEST SOUND!

modwright

I want to thank AV Showrooms for their awarding us a Gold Show Award HiFi Deluxe Best Sound for Munich 2014.

We had a great showing of an all vinyl system, thanks to Ibex, our distributor for Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

Link to Youtube Video of room: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TLhKM8zRqpU

The system consisted of:

ModWright KWA 150SE Amplier
ModWright LS 36.5 'DM' dual mono tube preamplifier
ModWright PH 150 Reference Phono stage

Endeavor Loundspeakers
Rui Borges TT
Funk Firm TT
Ikeda Arm/Cartridge
Harmonic Technology Cabling
Solid Tech Racks

This was the first PRODUCTION debut of our PH 150 Reference phono stage and this all-vinyl system sounded fantastic.

Thanks again to Ibex for their hard work and great room and to AV Showrooms for the video coverage and award.

Sincerely,

Dan Wright
President, ModWright Instruments Inc.
« Last Edit: 2 Feb 2017, 07:13 pm by modwright »

AB

Video Link not working.
I wanna see.

jackox

Congratulation Dan !

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Link in first post doen't work.

Phil A

Dan - congrats - here's a short video from the show - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NhdawwY03E

modwright

Hi guys, the vid link must have been temporary.  We typically have to 'sponsor' the links in order to receive the embed code.  I thought it might be live for a while, but apparently not.  I will take care of this.

Thanks for your support!

Dan

geowak

CONGRATS! This room looks, and I bet sounds, wonderful. Only wish I could have been there to see it. Is that recording played in the room from the 45 record album available on CD? The one from The Sera Una Noche (Nubalo)?

modwright

Yes, it was the 45!

Thanks,

Dan

geowak

Yes, it was the 45!

Thanks,

Dan

Thanks for the info, but I was trying to figure out if that song "Malena", which was an instrumental song I gather?, is available on CD. I would like to get that..... sounds like a great recording. Phil gave a link in his second post.

modwright

I'm sorry, I really don't know, but I would expect so.

Thanks,

Dan

Phil A

From MA Recording's site when you do a search of 'Malena' it pulls up the following - http://www.marecordings.com/main/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=malena&search_in_description=1&x=0&y=0

I did not check the tracks on any of them

geowak

I actually have the CD in my Amazon wish list - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004SDJF/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=321FECHQA1Z6W&coliid=I23J60THK3Q5QJ

Phil,

Thanks..ordered a copy of the CD myself. Too bad the ModWright room (components) does not come with it!

Scottdazzle

If Dan asks real nice I might bring my copy of the record to CAF.   :D

Phil A

Phil,

Thanks..ordered a copy of the CD myself. Too bad the ModWright room (components) does not come with it!

You can bring it (the CD to my place to listen as soon as I get the main system set-up after the recent moved (perhaps a few more weeks).  I took the main system apart in November and can't wait to have the KWA150SE and the LS36.5DM preamp set-up again.  MA Recording gave out a sampler at the Capital Audiofest a couple of years back.

jimdgoulding

I have one MA recording if only I could remember which one I would tell you.  I DO remember that the sound is exceptional.  It's almost on the tip of my tongue. 

modwright

Please do bring it Scott!

Dan

geowak

You can bring it (the CD to my place to listen as soon as I get the main system set-up after the recent moved (perhaps a few more weeks).  I took the main system apart in November and can't wait to have the KWA150SE and the LS36.5DM preamp set-up again.  MA Recording gave out a sampler at the Capital Audiofest a couple of years back.

Although I cannot make it to your place or even CAF, just too much work for me, I do enjoy the CD. What a great recording.
Thanks for the link early on in this thread. I bet THAT vinyl recording with the Rui Borges TT, the Modwright gear and whatever speakers were playing sounded superb!!