New 60V Power Supplies

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
New 60V Power Supplies
« on: 2 Aug 2015, 12:03 pm »
If you've recently purchased a 60V Maraschino Power Supply (or two), you might have noticed that the design is different than most of the photos out there.

We changed the design in these ways:
1. Single output connector (was dual)
2. Output connector now on same side as AC connector
3. Power switch now on front
4. Enclosure panels now anodized (was painted) red

Thanks for reading this post.

-Tommy O

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
Re: New 60V Power Supplies
« Reply #1 on: 3 Aug 2015, 09:38 pm »
This just in from a customer:

"Yes the new setup with only power button in the front, is far better, at least for me. It helps making a more sleek less cluttery setup in my room. No power cable visible etc. I also think the not so glossy red looks more "quality" than before. As a whole, good choices of you guys."

jseipp

« Reply #2 on: 4 Aug 2015, 12:04 am »
I apologize that things have been busy and I haven't fully addressed the upgrade to the 60V power supplies here.  I don't have things organized as I plan, but the quality of the enclosures make for a very handsome presentation and are suitable for front and center display.

I will also say that I feel the music has a bit more drive and "pops" right out of the space between and around the speakers even more than before.  I am running a very easy load to drive; I can only imagine that this upgraded effect could be even greater for someone with speakers that are more demanding.  That said, I think the reasonable subtlety of the improvement speaks to the excellent quality of the amps with either set of power supplies.

I once again come back to the conclusion that the Maraschinos are filling the room with all the best qualities of the music they are fed.  I only look forward to actually spending more time enjoying it.

bellavita

« Reply #3 on: 20 Aug 2015, 08:35 pm »
Giving Tommy a plug for his new version of the 60V supply.In concert with Warren Zevon August 27, 1990 at the
Guthrie Theater Minneapolis as I type this and it sounds great!
See below some photos of the new 60V supplies and the email I sent Tommy a few days ago.

Hey Tommy,

Took delivery of the supplies and cables yesterday early morn.Hooked em up right away.I like the new version looks wise...very sexy.Will you be doing the amps likeways?Snake cables are very cool and look labor intensive.Well,I did say in an email which I did post on AC a while back that  the single 60V supply was an improvement over the dual 48V.NOW the dual is just as big a leap from the single 60V.EVERYTHING is more right and tight.All across the the full range...Ok it isn't a revelation but it is noticeable.Was very happy with the Marachinos and one 60V for the past year or so.Curiosity got the better of me about another 60V and the Snake cables so here we are today.GLAD I did it!Well worth the modest price to upgrade.It makes a wonderful sounding set of amps even more so....

As always a pleasure to deal with you Tommy!!

Cheers,

Franco

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #4 on: 7 Sep 2015, 10:51 pm »
Giving Tommy a plug for his new version of the 60V supply.In concert with Warren Zevon August 27, 1990 at the
Guthrie Theater Minneapolis as I type this and it sounds great!
See below some photos of the new 60V supplies and the email I sent Tommy a few days ago.

Hey Tommy,

Took delivery of the supplies and cables yesterday early morn.Hooked em up right away.I like the new version looks wise...very sexy.Will you be doing the amps likeways?Snake cables are very cool and look labor intensive.Well,I did say in an email which I did post on AC a while back that  the single 60V supply was an improvement over the dual 48V.NOW the dual is just as big a leap from the single 60V.EVERYTHING is more right and tight.All across the the full range...Ok it isn't a revelation but it is noticeable.Was very happy with the Marachinos and one 60V for the past year or so.Curiosity got the better of me about another 60V and the Snake cables so here we are today.GLAD I did it!Well worth the modest price to upgrade.It makes a wonderful sounding set of amps even more so....

As always a pleasure to deal with you Tommy!!

Cheers,

Franco

Thanks, Franco.  Great photos.  Always a pleaseure!