P.I. Audio Group - The Absolute Sound's "Best Sound" at RMAF!!!

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
Brother Dave -
Congratulations! Out of the 179 rooms at the Rocky Mountain AudioFest, P.I. Audio Group (and his friends) were awarded the BEST SOUND in SHOW by The Absolute Sound Magazine! See... http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/rmaf-2013-digital-products-show-report/

Best Sound (cost no object) – The best sound I heard at the show was from a live concert sponsored by Ray Kimber and Kimber Kable that featured Jan-Ya Ling on piano and the Formosan Duo of Dr. Shi-Haa Wang and Dr. Yu-Jane Yang. The sound from the second floor balcony was glorious.

The best reproduced sound I heard was in the GR Research/ DB Audio/ Dodd/ Pi Audio/ Triode Wire Labs room. The new Mockingbird Audio LSX line array speakers ($39,000US) driven by Dodd Audio’s 34-watt EL-84 monoblock amplifiers ($3,100US) provided a pristine listening window for the dB Labs Evolution 192/32 DAC ($2395US) and dB Audio Revolution media server ($1995US). Triode Wire Labs provided the cabling and Pi Audio Uber Buss ($1095US) and Battery Buss ($499) cleaned up the AC power. The results were magical.

Congrats,

Pete (one of your friends)

StereoNut

Congrats to all! :thumb:

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Brother Dave -
Congratulations! Out of the 179 rooms at the Rocky Mountain AudioFest, P.I. Audio Group (and his friends) were awarded the BEST SOUND in SHOW by The Absolute Sound Magazine! See... http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/rmaf-2013-digital-products-show-report/

Best Sound (cost no object) – The best sound I heard at the show was from a live concert sponsored by Ray Kimber and Kimber Kable that featured Jan-Ya Ling on piano and the Formosan Duo of Dr. Shi-Haa Wang and Dr. Yu-Jane Yang. The sound from the second floor balcony was glorious.

The best reproduced sound I heard was in the GR Research/ DB Audio/ Dodd/ Pi Audio/ Triode Wire Labs room. The new Mockingbird Audio LSX line array speakers ($39,000US) driven by Dodd Audio’s 34-watt EL-84 monoblock amplifiers ($3,100US) provided a pristine listening window for the dB Labs Evolution 192/32 DAC ($2395US) and dB Audio Revolution media server ($1995US). Triode Wire Labs provided the cabling and Pi Audio Uber Buss ($1095US) and Battery Buss ($499) cleaned up the AC power. The results were magical.

Congrats,

Pete (one of your friends)
Pete, as always it is a group effort.  When we all have a common goal (which is uncommon these days) and all pull together we can make good things happen.  There is a supporting cast of unsung heroes that worked very hard to make all of these pieces and parts WORK!!!  I have heard the stories from the show and I know about the gremlins that are inevitable when trying to bring new things together in a coherent manner to produce MUSIC, not sound.... music.  Good people with great ideas and tons of hard work are what make things click.  Thanks, Rich... (who let the magic smoke out???)

I was saddened by the fact that I could not make the show due to my Father-in-law's health issues.  Between spending time trying to get several aspects of the products together and spending time with home hospice assisting Art makes this a bitter-sweet posting.  Art is drawing his last breaths now as I type this. Gayle and I want to thank all of you guys and Christy for your kind words and understanding.  The Lord knows how much I wanted to be there with you all, but this was not the time to do so.  Next year.  Our family will be back on an even keel and I will have had my surgery so I can lift those monsters that Danny and Gary keep designing.

I know that Eric will have an even better showing when he and Mr. Data get the server all tweaked up spittin' bits to a more refined DAC.  It is Evolutionary and Revolutionary, is it not?   :thumb:  Gary will be in better health and you and I will have some joint efforts to WOW and AMAZE.  I can feel it all a  comin'.  Mr Design guy will have worked his ways on new visuals and Christy will Woman the helm.

I love you all and miss you all.  Thank you, Steven, for a blast of sunshine into what has been some dark days, weeks and months here.

Dave

dflee

Congratulation and condolences don't go together but I can't think of a better
way to say priorities do come in strange ways sometimes. Glad to see you have
yours in the right place. Take care for now but remember celebrations for both
shall be ones to remember.

Saddened
Don

Big Red Machine

Nice Dave. Well deserved and indicative why we love your products!

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Congratulation and condolences don't go together but I can't think of a better
way to say priorities do come in strange ways sometimes. Glad to see you have
yours in the right place. Take care for now but remember celebrations for both
shall be ones to remember.

Saddened
Don
Thank you, Don.  Your long distance friendship is one that I have come to greatly cherish.  Yes, it has been a bittersweet week.  Like my friend Din and I agree:  Life Is. 

Life is full of experiences and those experiences are what help to shape us as to whom we wish to be.  I want to be as good of a man as my father-in-law Art was.  I want to be as good of a man as my Dad was.  If I can come close to those men, men who loved family, God, Country and friends... I will die a happy, happy, happy man.

It is a pleasure to be involved in business with men that share my core values.  Danny, Gary, Pete, Eric and all of the others that worked so hard to put together a system like this are to be commended.  There are several unsung heroes that beat their heads against walls to make this all happen.  Jim, Darrell, Rich, Chris.... and several more:  Thank you.... from the bottom of my heart: Thank you.

Dave   

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Nice Dave. Well deserved and indicative why we love your products!
Thank you, Pete. A group effort by guys and a lady that like and love each other is a joy to be a part of, for sure.  We do what we do because we care.  We care about the music.  We care about out our craft and we care about our customers.  We don't do what we do to get rich.  There are crooks in the business that have gotten rich.  That ain't us.  We do what we do because we want to get the MUSIC out there in the most honest method possible.  Honest in reproduction and honest in business.  That is our group effort and our group goal.  I'm pleased that we got the recognition that we did.  It is the result of hard work in hard times.

Dave