Legacy AVA catalogs

13mh13

Legacy AVA catalogs
« on: 19 Oct 2016, 02:53 am »
I recall that pre-Internet, Frank had some cool print catalogs. Since Audio Basics have all been PDF'd, a similar treatment for the cats would be welcome.
Also, they'd seve as rough timeline of all VA components. (AFAIK, currently, there are no "timelines" that show VA product offerings and evolution over the decades).

Mark Korda

• Dawkus
Re: Legacy AVA catalogs
« Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 2016, 01:03 pm »
Hi 13MH13, I have saved anything mailed out by AVA since it was Jensens Stereo Shop and the year would be in the later 70's. I'm sure Frank has too but does not dwell in the past like I do. Are you looking for something special or doing a historic outline of products? I saved this stuff even before he modded my Dynaco SCA(Q) 80 amp. The (Q) was for Haflers Quadapter built into the SCA-80. I hope I can help you....sincerely Mark Korda

13mh13

« Reply #2 on: 19 Oct 2016, 06:30 pm »
Hi 13MH13, I have saved anything mailed out by AVA since it was Jensens Stereo Shop and the year would be in the later 70's. I'm sure Frank has too but does not dwell in the past like I do. Are you looking for something special or doing a historic outline of products? I saved this stuff even before he modded my Dynaco SCA(Q) 80 amp. The (Q) was for Haflers Quadapter built into the SCA-80. I hope I can help you....sincerely Mark Korda
I came into AVA stuff in high school, starting mid-1984. Heavily into it from then till mid 1986. This was all Audio Basics and DIY mods to Dyna.
I got back into AVA roughly 1993, but now I bought pre-built AVA (still have most of it).
If you/anyone know a source for AVA catalogs roughly 1991-1996, that'd be ideal.
Thx!

Mark Korda

• Dawkus
« Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 2016, 09:43 pm »
Hi 13MH13,
    I'll be watching the final debate tonight but will go thru some stuff and see what I can dig up by tomorrow....Mark Korda