Poll

How many members are in the Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia Washington area?  Who's out there?

Yes, let's get together and share some love for Music, Equipment and Food!
22 (81.5%)
Yes, let's gather once in a while and show off our stuff!
5 (18.5%)
No, too much rain, I am NOT going out!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???

JakeJ

Re: PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???
« Reply #180 on: 21 Jun 2017, 02:39 pm »
Thanks for the info, Michael.  Looking forward to hearing them.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #181 on: 22 Jun 2017, 10:54 pm »
Lou said the earliest the speakers will be ready is July 7th, but if the backplate anodizing takes longer there could be a delay. In the meantime, once the crossovers are installed, he will begin breaking them in, so they'll be well broken in by the time of the G2G. 

So my window is anytime after the 7th and before the 28th of July. Let's fix a date, gang.

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #182 on: 22 Jun 2017, 11:30 pm »
I will need to get my hair and nails done prior, eyebrows are in so my one is good :thumb:

What about a music source with some High Really?

Alan

mca

« Reply #183 on: 22 Jun 2017, 11:41 pm »
I can bring my Lampizator Atlantic or Vinnie Rossi LIO for som hi Rez tunes

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #184 on: 23 Jun 2017, 12:27 am »
I vote LAMPI :D

mresseguie

« Reply #185 on: 23 Jun 2017, 02:09 am »
Wow. Lampi ....+1

I wonder if I even need to bring a Denafrips DAC if the Lampi and an MP-D2 and a Metrum DAC will be there. [I haven't committed to auditioning one yet because it may not be practical at this time.] Feedback, please.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #186 on: 23 Jun 2017, 04:59 am »
Wow. Lampi ....+1

I wonder if I even need to bring a Denafrips DAC if the Lampi and an MP-D2 and a Metrum DAC will be there. [I haven't committed to auditioning one yet because it may not be practical at this time.] Feedback, please.

Michael,

From a selfish standpoint it would be great if you brought the new Venus or which ever dac.  It would be a really useful comparison to the other two and I don't think the Lampi is that much more than the Venus, I could be wrong.

However, if it works out better for you to purchase the dac later once you have moved, then I and probably We will be fine with the wonderful dacs we will get to listen to. And I don't think you should be worrying about bringing a dac when you are bringing full blown apparently kick ass floor standers for everyone to listen to and enjoy.

Just my thoughts...

Greg

JakeJ

« Reply #187 on: 23 Jun 2017, 05:29 am »
Greg,

I think mresseguie and aldcoll are refferring to MCA's Lampizator and I'll third that, not that I do not have great interest in Vinnie Rossi's LIO, that's another ear itch that needs scratchin', big time.  Then the icing on the audiocake is Lou's Apollo's!  OK, by the time the Apollo's get to Greg's they'll officailly be Michael's but you get my drift.

Frankly, this is looking like an incredible DAC shootout.  I have to work too early tomorrow but I will go back through the thread and make a concise list of DAC's that have been offered up.

Greg and all, I plan to make a significant contribution to the "snack bar" so please let me know if you have a food allergy or are vegan/vegitarian so I can plan around.

Oh, yeah, keep posting the time frame as my memory is terrible for dates and I need to get that in my phone/extended memory bank.

JakeJ

« Reply #188 on: 23 Jun 2017, 12:32 pm »
mresseguie, did you get a DAC?  I was under the impression you were trying to drum interest for Denafrips tour but I can't seem to find the thread.  Not enough coffee.

mresseguie

« Reply #189 on: 23 Jun 2017, 03:59 pm »
Jake,

The thread is in the discless circle. Greg and I are the main participants.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=150966.0

I started it to guage readers' interest, but there isn't much - Greg's interest noted.  :thumb: I would love to learn what's got people so excited on Head-fi and a couple other forums. Plus I'm surprised that thread has generated so little attention on AC.

mresseguie

« Reply #190 on: 23 Jun 2017, 05:22 pm »
Update:

Speakers won't be ready until ~July 15th. Lou stated they need time to break in and suggested that the 15th more realistic. If you had seen how massive the crossovers were, you'd understand. These are NOT your normal, petite looking crossovers. Remember that reference to steroids!

Plan for G2G from July 15 through July 28th.

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #191 on: 23 Jun 2017, 07:20 pm »
Update:

Speakers won't be ready until ~July 15th. Lou stated they need time to break in and suggested that the 15th more realistic. If you had seen how massive the crossovers were, you'd understand. These are NOT your normal, petite looking crossovers. Remember that reference to steroids!

Plan for G2G from July 15 through July 28th.

I was going to suggest the 8th or the 22nd, it sounds like the 22nd is probably the way to go. I could do the 15th if that works better. It's not as good of a day for me but I could make it work.

Let's here some feed back and go from there.

I'm starting to get that exited little kid feeling already. :hyper:

Greg

JakeJ

« Reply #192 on: 24 Jun 2017, 01:24 am »
I vote for the 22nd.

mresseguie

« Reply #193 on: 24 Jun 2017, 05:37 am »
I'm flexible. Flip a coin. The 22nd offers more breathing space just in case one of the contractors in Lou's chain doesn't deliver goods or services on time. Let's see what the others can do.

mresseguie

« Reply #194 on: 25 Jun 2017, 07:13 pm »
Flash alert:

I will bring a Denafrips Venus DAC to the G2G. Alvin of Vinshine Audio is providing it. I'm very eager to audition this DAC.

JakeJ

« Reply #195 on: 25 Jun 2017, 10:30 pm »
WOW!  That's awesome, Micheal.  Will you receive it in time to put some hours on it before we hear it?  I have not read the other forums and wonder how much time is needed to break in the Venus.

mresseguie

« Reply #196 on: 25 Jun 2017, 11:10 pm »
Alvin will burn it in before shipping it to me. Then, I can probably burn it in some more if Alvin thinks it necessary.

JakeJ

« Reply #197 on: 26 Jun 2017, 12:37 am »
Cool, more kudos to Alvin.

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #198 on: 27 Jun 2017, 12:11 am »
Flash alert:

I will bring a Denafrips Venus DAC to the G2G. Alvin of Vinshine Audio is providing it. I'm very eager to audition this DAC.

Very cool Michael, I'm really looking forward to the opportunity. Alvin seems like a good business man.

I was at a BBQ with mca and Marcus yesterday that Dixi and his wife put on. It looks like the best day is going to be the 22nd, at least from the people who have chimed in.

If the people that are planning on coming would post here and let us know that would be great!

Greg

mca

« Reply #199 on: 27 Jun 2017, 07:33 pm »
I'm good for the 22nd and will bring the Lampi Atlantic with  :thumb: