Extreme Texas weather

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
Re: Extreme Texas weather
« Reply #60 on: 27 May 2015, 04:49 pm »
many areas that are in by no means what could be considered a drought, are still reported as such
I don't know where you guys are getting your information that Texas' drought is over or over-reported, but as an Austin resident I can tell you that for 4 years, lake Travis is depressingly low.  It's been at 40% or worse most of the time.  Water restrictions are in place:  NO washing your car at home and only one day per week is sprinkler system watering allowed.  I have an inherited farm in Rising Star (north of Brownwood) and the water tank behind the farmhouse was always full when I was growing up.  For the last 3 years it's been empty.  Nothing growing but mesquite trees, which have super long tap roots and can survive droughts.  If the drought were over, I'd have lots of Coastal Bermuda growing and my tenant could cut and bale it for his cattle.   :scratch:

Vapor:  I "got" your sarcastic humor - good one!

Marbles

« Reply #61 on: 27 May 2015, 06:22 pm »
I hope it all turns out fine for those caught in this weather.

Fullrangeman, here is another article for you, this one by the USAF: Weather as a Force Multiplier: Owning the Weather by 2025

http://csat.au.af.mil/2025/volume3/vol3ch15.pdf

Seems they are ahead of schedule.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #62 on: 27 May 2015, 11:33 pm »
I hope it all turns out fine for those caught in this weather.

Fullrangeman, here is another article for you, this one by the USAF: Weather as a Force Multiplier: Owning the Weather by 2025

http://csat.au.af.mil/2025/volume3/vol3ch15.pdf

Seems they are ahead of schedule.
I wont comment it, some moderators are very aggressive here.
Regards

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #63 on: 28 May 2015, 05:20 pm »
I'm gonna start designing a prototype DIY Artificial Ionospheric Mirror.  Let's see...I've got sheets of MDF, glue, clamps, lots of Tang Band drivers, hardware, wire, spike feet, 4 H.H. Scott tube amps, 2 H.H. Scott tuners.  Yep, I'm ready to put pencil to paper.  Building speakers was getting a tad boring, so this will be quite the fun project :thumb:

ctviggen

« Reply #64 on: 28 May 2015, 11:50 pm »
At this point it's a spectator sport.  Just sit back and watch the train wreck.

Deserts are a feast or famine situation regarding water.  I used to live in San Antonio.  It was always dry and I and never could figure out why there was a great big dam in the middle of a valley, but no lake or water behind it.    Then we had a monsoon period and suddenly the water was 30-40 feet deep behind the dam.  Then I knew why the dam was there. 

It was/is the same in Arizona:  There are tons of dry riverbeds around.  It doesn't have to rain much, though, before they become hazardous flows of water.  Someone gets killed or plucked out of the water trying to drive through one of these.  The water can rise almost instantaneously. 

Scott F.

« Reply #65 on: 29 May 2015, 12:57 am »
About 3 years ago the NWS changed criteria for drought reporting, which led to a large increase in coverage of reported drought conditions.  As a Meteorologist, I don't agree with many of the changes.  Long term hydrological droughts are factored in too heavily, too little weight given to soil moisture.  As a result the long term TX droughts have taken the last year to be whittled away slowly, many areas that are in by no means what could be considered a drought, are still reported as such, because they're behind on the past 12, 24, or 36 month rainfall totals when past 1, 2, 3, 6, etc totals are at or above normal.

Isn't that an interesting little factoid.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #66 on: 29 May 2015, 01:22 am »
Yeah, but if all you have is shallow moisture but low deep aquifers/hydrological moisture, it wouldn't take much to get pushed back into dire circumstances.    Seems to me the new system would better reflect the near-term, not just the now.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #67 on: 29 May 2015, 01:48 am »
Yeah, but if all you have is shallow moisture but low deep aquifers/hydrological moisture, it wouldn't take much to get pushed back into dire circumstances.    Seems to me the new system would better reflect the near-term, not just the now.

That's why the NWS also has a product called the hydrologic outlook.  Drought is the hip catchy word, so my theory is they wanted more of the US in drought condition permanently because it's much easier for people to digest.

The Ogallala water level is so low it would take 6000 years to replenish, does that mean we call all of western KS and northern TX in 'drought' because of that?  Of course not.

TX getting donkey punched again tonight, hope everybody makes it through ok.  Good news is that one of the last remaining dry spots in TX is getting nice rainfall, San Angelo over to Midland/Odessa, and the upper Colorado basin.  By weekend the weather pattern will change and TX will dry out, at least for 4-5 days. 

Danny Richie

« Reply #68 on: 29 May 2015, 12:50 pm »
Last nights thunderstorm brought some close lightening, hard rain, and straight line winds up to 80 miles and hour. Rivers that had gone down some are back up to flood levels. After the forecasted rain Saturday would should dry out for a while.

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives

eis

• Y M I
« Reply #70 on: 29 May 2015, 10:24 pm »
After the forecasted rain Saturday would should dry out for a while.

Boy, I sure hope so. I really need to mow my yard  :)

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #71 on: 29 May 2015, 10:28 pm »
Boy, I sure hope so. I really need to mow my yard  :)

Yard, that yard? I have a swampy jungle  :o

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #72 on: 30 May 2015, 07:25 pm »
I appreciated your elegance Clark thankyou.
In real Its not secret anymore, everything is made under the day light.
Why? Why They already own everything, in info area they own all media, newspaper even a small one.
They already command every citty, state or small countrie.
The video below is Rosalind Peterson president of Agriculture Defence Coalition she address at the United Nations on chemtrails, geo-engineering and weather modification=HAARP.
http://topinfopost.com/2014/09/17/the-united-nations-exposes-chemtrails-100-proof-we-are-being-poisoned
It already was exposed at United Nations conference and the press media do nothing.
Its showed on YT, Wikipedia, many webs sites and there is centons of photos from the inside from the planes.
I hate to drag this on, but I hate (more) to see blatantly bad information being spread. Especially conspiracy theories that have no basis.
Those containers have water in them. They can shift the load of a test aircraft to various places in the plane to for flight testing.

Read this;
http://contrailscience.com/contrail-or-chemtrail/

I pray for those involved in the flooded areas of Texas.
Bob