AudioKinesis in two rooms at 2014 RMAF

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
AudioKinesis in two rooms at 2014 RMAF
« on: 18 Aug 2014, 04:31 am »
Roy Insco owner of “Vegas Image Audio,” displays well over $200k retail value in audio components in Atrium Room 577 at 2014 Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. 

The loudspeaker of choice is AudioKinesis 2015 Dream Maker LCS.   

Image below portrays 2013-2014 Dream Maker LCS.  The foreground tower is unchanged for 2015.  Behind the tower is the first-series LCS speaker, firing up toward the ceiling.  For 2015 the LCS speaker is all-new, more compact for easier placement, and with tighter radiation control for higher ratio of late-arriving reverberant energy and even better imaging and sound stage effects (specs and images posted ASAP).   

ASAP I'll list audio components in Roy's room. 

Acoustic treatment supplied by GIK Acoustics.

Currently it appears the room is all-analog phono, no digital playback. 
« Last Edit: 26 Aug 2014, 08:56 pm by James Romeyn »

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: AudioKinesis in two rooms at 2014 RMAF
« Reply #1 on: 18 Aug 2014, 11:08 am »
For now Roy has no shelf space for digital equipment so this room is all-analog.
That's the nice thing about digital equipment...put it on the floor and do not limit yourself to vinyl only.   ;)

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
Re: AudioKinesis in two rooms at 2014 RMAF
« Reply #2 on: 18 Aug 2014, 03:00 pm »
That's the nice thing about digital equipment...put it on the floor and do not limit yourself to vinyl only.   ;)

If I had say there would be digital playback, but it's unfortunately, as they say, it's "beyond my span of control."  The room is about 13 x 19.  Think about the space occupied by the items listed above, plus occupants, and you can see floor and shelf space is tight. 

I'm just glad my own personal footprint is very petite!

Duke's own AudioKinesis Tower Room 1100 displays Dan Wright's mahvelous $7k Elyse DAC, Lundahl transformer input and output, tube voltage gain, what I must presume is one of the world's best performing DACs.  It would be interesting to directly compare Elyse to any other DAC regardless of cost or architecture.