2016 Baseball playoffs

rodge827

Re: 2016 Baseball playoffs
« Reply #40 on: 3 Nov 2016, 04:11 pm »

As far as the coverage FOX provided... they can kiss my Wahoo A$$  :nono:

Talk about a Cubs lovefest.  I am not the only person who feels this way.  I was at the watch party at Progressive Field for Game 5 where they showed the game on their scoreboard.  When Joe Buck and John Smoltz were shown, the whole stadium (25,000 fans) erupted in boos.

Randy

+1

As I see it the Networks, and yes I mean all of them, are more about self promotion and advertising dollars than to call the game at hand! Far too much bias and non-story events plague the verbal diarrhea which spews from the mouths of today's sportscasters.   
Just call the game! 
We, The Fans, will add their own slant!

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #41 on: 3 Nov 2016, 04:18 pm »
The constant flow of BB minutia about who did what in the 1925 series was maddening.   WAY too much detail!

charmerci

« Reply #42 on: 3 Nov 2016, 04:28 pm »
+1

As I see it the Networks, and yes I mean all of them, are more about self promotion and advertising dollars than to call the game at hand! Far too much bias and non-story events plague the verbal diarrhea which spews from the mouths of today's sportscasters.   
Just call the game! 
We, The Fans, will add their own slant!

My friend listens to BB on the radio. You can turn down the volume and listen to the radio - especially now with internet radio.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #43 on: 3 Nov 2016, 05:05 pm »
You can turn down the volume and listen to the radio - especially now with internet radio.

I listen to music.  :D

mcgsxr

« Reply #44 on: 3 Nov 2016, 05:11 pm »
I was reading my iPad and watching the game when it produced a cool moment.

I am not much of a baseball fan, but will watch any Game 7 (or equivalent) for any sport for a championship.

It was a great game, but I cannot watch 5-6 hours of baseball without finding at least 1 other thing to do.

cujobob

« Reply #45 on: 3 Nov 2016, 07:53 pm »
There would have been Cubs bias because of how well known their streak was without a championship, I'd guess. I was rooting against them for that reason, to be honest. It's now a tradition in my mind that the Cubs be a loser.

twitch54

« Reply #46 on: 3 Nov 2016, 09:26 pm »
There would have been Cubs bias because of how well known their streak was without a championship, I'd guess. I was rooting against them for that reason, to be honest. It's now a tradition in my mind that the Cubs be a loser.

but Cub fans were FAR more supportive of their team .......... and not just during the series, for the entire season as well !

For me the best series since '60, when the greatest home run of all time was hit !