Cleveland Rocks!!

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
Re: Cleveland Rocks!!
« Reply #20 on: 17 Jun 2016, 05:00 pm »
I haven't watched many regular season games this year but have tried to watch a lot of the playoffs with my son.

Some observations (I am not a Cavaliers fan nor Warriors fan);

1) Lebron is a beast! He is a very large and strong amazing athlete!
2) Lebron is the best "passer" I've seen in the playoffs. It seems, at times, he has eyes in the back of his head.
3) Lebron has shown leadership on his team. He reminds me of Michael Jordan's leadership with the Bulls. (IMO, Michael had a better supporting cast).
4) Stephen Curry is a great player, a lot more great offensively than defensively, due to his smaller size. He tries on defense, but can't match the athleticism of Lebron and larger players. Stephen has a much better supporting cast than Lebron.
5) It appears the Cavs have the momentum in their favor, however home court advantage is on the Warriors side, for sure...
6) Let's see how the supporting cast comes through for both teams; pretty amazing dynamics on both teams...
7) The officials should call a "tighter" game... A very physical game gives a large advantage to the Cavs, whereas the Warriors are a more finesse team, like their MVP...

It should be a great Game 7 on Sunday, may the best team win...

My $0.02,
Pete

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #21 on: 17 Jun 2016, 05:02 pm »
Too bad Bogut is injured. :( The Warriors miss his inside presence. He's a tremendous shot blocker and his absence allows LeBron and Tristan Thompson  easy access to the rim. He's also a good passer for a big man.
The Warriors missed too many easy shots. They better start hitting those shots or they will fail to repeat.

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
« Reply #22 on: 17 Jun 2016, 05:54 pm »
Shaq didn't need to throw the elbow. He just was there and a presence.
No one has said a word about Curry breaking the record for threes though so
I guess Bron Bron doesn't have all the records. Lastly, why would any city deserve
a championship. It's thinking like that that starts judgemental calls.

Don

I'm born and raised in NEOhio and have lived here 45 out of my 62 years.

I was 11 years old the last time Cleveland brought home a major sports championship.  Most folks here don't think our sports teams "deserve" anything.  We don't want or need anyone's pity. 

When that championship arrives the team that wins it will have earned it and Cleveland sports fans will be oh so proud of that team's accomplishment!

Randy

dflee

« Reply #23 on: 17 Jun 2016, 08:13 pm »
The best thing that ever happened to Cleveland was cleaning up down town!
It was just seedy for quite a while. I wouldn't mind visiting again now.

Don

ps: Toledo Mud Hens. Now there's a team that is deserving.

ACHiPo

« Reply #24 on: 17 Jun 2016, 08:15 pm »
Too bad Bogut is injured. :( The Warriors miss his inside presence. He's a tremendous shot blocker and his absence allows LeBron and Tristan Thompson  easy access to the rim. He's also a good passer for a big man.
The Warriors missed too many easy shots. They better start hitting those shots or they will fail to repeat.
Absolutely agree.  Without Green in the last game, and losing Bogut, the Warriors are definitely suffering against the size and physicality of the Cavs.  I think they can overcome, but it won't be easy--the Cavs are very good and it's clear LeBron would very much like to go out with a championship.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #25 on: 17 Jun 2016, 11:47 pm »
I'm born and raised in NEOhio and have lived here 45 out of my 62 years.
I was 11 years old the last time Cleveland brought home a major sports championship.

Randy

27-0, wasn't it?  Over my beloved Baltimore Colts?  Yeah, I remember it, too.   :cuss:

:wink:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #26 on: 19 Jun 2016, 01:51 pm »
Cleveland wins game 7. They have the most effective 6th man in the league ---- a guy named Silver.

I hate to break it to y'all but money has completely corrupted sports at every level. Look at FIFA, the Olympics, Roger Goodell, the NCAA, doping, terrible ref or umpire calls, etc. It's just show biz and the whole thing is bottom-lined to max revenue stream. Stop being suckered and perhaps it will all come back around to fair play and good fun. Continue breathing normally while you wait.

orientalexpress

« Reply #27 on: 19 Jun 2016, 01:56 pm »
Don't forget Foster,the guy is investigated by the FBI for a reason.How the commissioner Silver have Foster referee the final is crazy. :nono:

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #28 on: 19 Jun 2016, 02:05 pm »
Cleveland wins game 7. They have the most effective 6th man in the league ---- a guy named Silver.

I hate to break it to y'all but money has completely corrupted sports at every level. Look at FIFA, the Olympics, Roger Goodell, the NCAA, doping, terrible ref or umpire calls, etc. It's just show biz and the whole thing is bottom-lined to max revenue stream. Stop being suckered and perhaps it will all come back around to fair play and good fun. Continue breathing normally while you wait.

That's way too cynical and way too simplistic a viewpoint - not going to agree Macrojack.   :nono:

While sport (like everything in life) has issues and worts and it is much more than show biz.

George

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #29 on: 19 Jun 2016, 05:12 pm »
George -  "Too cynical" is no longer possible. I dare not cite any of the more obvious examples of why not but I'm sure a moment's serious reflection on the state of affairs in 2016 will bring you into full agreement. The new NBA commish is at least as bad as the last one.

Basketball was a game of dexterity and finesse back when I found it interesting. Now it is brutal, vain and thuggish. I'm glad you can still enjoy it but those days ended for me in the 80s.

In what ways is it way more than show biz?

rklein

« Reply #30 on: 19 Jun 2016, 06:24 pm »

I knew it would be just a matter of time before an AC member would bring up the ole conspiracy angle.   

I totally agree with George... yes, professional sports has it's cheaters, vanity galore, money grubbers from all sides, etc.  But at the end of the day, you can either choose to be a sports fan or you can choose not to be one. 

THIS thread is about what the Cavs have accomplished in making this a spectacular NBA finals and all the comments look to be by members who enjoy sports. 

It is perfectly a-ok not to follow sports but don't come in this thread and proceed to call all of us "suckers" for doing so.  :nono:

Randy

dflee

« Reply #31 on: 19 Jun 2016, 08:35 pm »
Laugh it off. We're all suckers. I'm a sucker for my wife and many other things.
If it makes me a sucker for enjoying mainly college b-ball but also NBA, then hell, I'm a sucker.
If I do watch the game tonight, it will be to watch a basketball game. Heaven forbid I watch for
Cleeeeeeeevelaaaaand.
May the game be a good one and fun to watch, Not just frustrating.

Don

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #32 on: 19 Jun 2016, 08:50 pm »
I'm guessing Cleveland's "Johnny Dumbshit" won't have court-side seats for this one.   :duh:

I really don't care who wins, but if Golden State runs away with it after the Browns (finally!) threw in the towel on their spoiled brat QB, ALL pro sports in Cleveland will probably leave town....

And the Browns, too.    :lol:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #33 on: 19 Jun 2016, 09:36 pm »
You guys have the only Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in the world --- and you have it every year. Isn't that good enough? I've never been there but I've heard it's really cool.

I don't hate sports. I'm a Bronco fan. But I find watching sports to be ever more commercialized and ever less about the game. No fun no more.

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #34 on: 19 Jun 2016, 10:03 pm »
George -  "Too cynical" is no longer possible. I dare not cite any of the more obvious examples of why not but I'm sure a moment's serious reflection on the state of affairs in 2016 will bring you into full agreement. The new NBA commish is at least as bad as the last one.

Basketball was a game of dexterity and finesse back when I found it interesting. Now it is brutal, vain and thuggish. I'm glad you can still enjoy it but those days ended for me in the 80s.

In what ways is it way more than show biz?

The level of athleticism is at unprecedented level today and is leap years ahead of the 80's.  I watched and went to many Knicks games (including being "lucky" to see Jordan scorch the Knicks) and there is really no comparison on the that front.

Yes, the game has changed due to the 3pt line and other rule changes, but generally speaking, it has made it more, not less enjoyable.

Go look at the scores from the 90's when the game was incredibly physical and players got mugged on every play - I don't want it going back to that.

George

rklein

« Reply #35 on: 19 Jun 2016, 10:44 pm »
You guys have the only Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in the world --- and you have it every year. Isn't that good enough? I've never been there but I've heard it's really cool.

I don't hate sports. I'm a Bronco fan. But I find watching sports to be ever more commercialized and ever less about the game. No fun no more.

True...the R&R Hall of Fame is very cool.  We also have a world class orchestra, great museums and a kickass restaurant scene. 

I just want to see a major sports championship here before my wife and I move out to Colorado.  Just one would be great!  :thumb:

Randy

geowak

« Reply #36 on: 20 Jun 2016, 01:55 am »
Cleveland is up by 5. Is the curse of Rocky Calavito over? Many people around NE Ohio believe it extends beyond baseball. There is a whole downtown Cleveland waiting to party in the streets!
BTW many sportcasters and writers talk about Lebron as if he was from Cleveland. He is from Akron. I watched him play in high school.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #37 on: 20 Jun 2016, 01:57 am »
Wow, we actually have a good game going! Kyrie is on fire and Draymond is carrying GS on his back

TomS

« Reply #38 on: 20 Jun 2016, 02:00 am »
Great game 7 down to the last quarter, love it  :thumb:

geowak

« Reply #39 on: 20 Jun 2016, 02:02 am »
Yeah K is on fire. I would luv to see him win this one for the Cavs and Cleveland. Lebron would get a key to both cities.