SoundstageDirect.com

jimdgoulding

SoundstageDirect.com
« on: 9 Mar 2012, 10:13 pm »
I made a purchase from them recently and want to comment on my experience for your potential benefit.  In my experience, they are a class act.  My purchase came packaged to the point of overkill which I think you, too, can appreciate.  Inside was a very nice letter from their customer service manager with a copy of the invoice with a stamp of the person packing with a little note on the bottom, "Thank you for keeping vinyl alive".   

They have a pretty comprehensive online catalog, offer some cleaning product, etc., and are very responsive.  My order arrived very quickly via UPS.

decal

Re: SoundstageDirect.com
« Reply #1 on: 9 Mar 2012, 10:45 pm »
I whole heartedly agree, great company. Also check out Elusive Disc,Acoustic Sounds and Music Direct.

Scottdazzle

« Reply #2 on: 9 Mar 2012, 10:55 pm »
I also have had excellent service from SoundstageDirect, Elusive Disc, Music Direct, and Acoustic Sounds.  I would like to add Jazzloft.com to that list of fine internet record stores.

roscoeiii

« Reply #3 on: 10 Mar 2012, 12:29 am »
Really like SoundstageDirect's free shipping on orders over $30 too.

And you can find some tough to find albums there too from time to time. Just got Mono's live album "Holy Ground" which was even on sale, despite being unavailable from most outlets. That and DJ Oh No's Ethiopian music remix album and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah's first album. All on sale. Oh yes.

Real good luck with Acoustic Sound's recent sale too. Pinback, Polvo and Mono albums were all available for great prices.

thorman

« Reply #4 on: 10 Mar 2012, 01:54 am »
Another great Jazz music web site is Maxjazz.com
     Nice selection of Jazz cd's

TheChairGuy

« Reply #5 on: 10 Mar 2012, 01:58 am »
sounds like we may have some additions one or more of you should add to the following sticky: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=44895.0

:thumb:

mjosef

« Reply #6 on: 10 Mar 2012, 07:32 am »
Thanks Jim...the free shipping thing got me.  :thumb:

mjosef

« Reply #7 on: 10 Mar 2012, 11:47 pm »
These peoples are super swift...I ordered a couple records late last night, and today got an email the order was shipped early this morning.
One was a MoFi at a bargain price of $20. cuz the jacket had a bend at one corner...I always balked at MoFi $39-49. list, so this was a good deal.  :thumb:

95Dyna

« Reply #8 on: 12 Mar 2012, 02:53 pm »
I also have had excellent service from SoundstageDirect, Elusive Disc, Music Direct, and Acoustic Sounds.  I would like to add Jazzloft.com to that list of fine internet record stores.

I have a bone to pick with Elusive Disc's "pre-order" process.  I placed and order in December for some in stock items as well as two Miles Davis MoFi SACD pre-orders.  The in stocks were delivered satisfactorily but the pre-orders just fall into a black hole.  Two months went by without an acknowledgement, status update or anything.  I inquired and received the following response:

I’m sorry about the problem with your order, I will explain things to you.

Essentially (in this case) Mobile Fidelity solicits new release items to all their vendors.  99.9% of the time these have no release date given because MOFI does not know when they will release them.

If they do ever get us a date, we put it on our website.  I appreciate your feedback but there is nothing we can do about MOFI not giving us release dates.

Most “major labels” put out preorder items that have release dates.  Here is an example:

http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=WEALP49522-45

As you can see it is due out 4/21/12. 

Anything that says “TBA” like this:

http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MFSLP1026

I would stay away from.

Thank you!
Jason Marcum
General Manager
Elusive Disc, Inc.
4020 Frontage Rd.
Anderson, IN 46013
(765) 608-5340

Why entice the buyer to order something then tell them to stay away from it. :scratch:

95Dyna

« Reply #9 on: 12 Mar 2012, 02:55 pm »

TheChairGuy

« Reply #10 on: 12 Mar 2012, 04:28 pm »
95Dyna

Your 2nd post above skirts fairly close to the 'no dirty laundry policy' at AC.  Some may even think it outright violates it, but I'm not quite in that camp.

Please make certain your general situation and opinion of their services (or, lack thereof) goes no further than what you have already stated.

Thanks, John / Facilitator

Minn Mark

« Reply #11 on: 12 Mar 2012, 05:06 pm »
I buy from these popular on-line stores too, and watch for sales and free shipping. So, my only complaint (esp. after reading Record Store Days: From Vinyl to Digital and Back Again ) is the price for new vinyl. Many of the remaining store owners agree--new vinyl seems exhorbitantly priced. This also seems IMHO to be driving used vinyl prices though the roof as well.

Oh well,

M

95Dyna

« Reply #12 on: 12 Mar 2012, 07:16 pm »
95Dyna

Your 2nd post above skirts fairly close to the 'no dirty laundry policy' at AC.  Some may even think it outright violates it, but I'm not quite in that camp.

Please make certain your general situation and opinion of their services (or, lack thereof) goes no further than what you have already stated.

Thanks, John / Facilitator

John,

Not sure where you're coming from.  First of all the second post is not even a post.  While I was posting my original a warning came in telling me another post had arrived in the meantime and asked me if I wanted to review mine before posting.  I chose not to and went ahead only to discover no new post had come in and the 2nd post as you have called it, was present.  I attempted to delete it but the website provided no way to do so.

John, I've been a member of AC in good standing with no reputation as a troublemaker for over 3 years and 800+ posts.  Perhaps a PM would have been more appropriate in this circumstance.

Regards,

Bill

TheChairGuy

« Reply #13 on: 12 Mar 2012, 07:53 pm »
Bill / 95Dyna,

Don't be offended...you've been a great member here...I (we) welcome your contributions in the past 3 years. :thumb:

I tend not to use PM's to broadcast messages (unless truly specific or sensitive) to members in my role as Facilitator (as fellow member I do, however) simply because most of the 'issues' are ones that others need to be reminded about, too, oftentimes. Or, there are new members that are not aware and a public posting brings the issue out front.  I didn't mean to publicly 'flog' you...it was not at all my intent  :sad:

In this case you post (3 posts up...got a little mixed up referring to it, sorry) was darn close to or was in fact stepping on a 'no dirty laundry rule' we have at AC.  Personally, I don't find airing a little dirty laundry to be offensive...but, the owner of this site (JohnR) absolutely does and has been consistent on this. 

So, it's one of these occasions I had to 'lay down the law' even if my heart and willful mind isn't fully backing the situation.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=37305.0

No worries - have a good time here, please.

John / Facilitator

Miney

• Free your mind... and your ass will follow
« Reply #14 on: 13 Mar 2012, 05:34 pm »
Anything that says “TBA” like this:

http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MFSLP1026

I would stay away from.

The TBA insight is good for the instant-gratification-seeking-vinylphool (like me :lol:) to know.... thanks!

decal

« Reply #15 on: 13 Mar 2012, 11:16 pm »
Talk about top notch customer service. I  ordered "The Unique Thelonious Monk" from Sound Stage Direct and it arrived yesterday. When I opend the LP, low and behold, Mulligan Meets Monk was inside!!! I e-mailed customer service on what I should do about the situation and got this reply about an hour later......

Hello Thomas,

I am sorry to hear the wrong record was inside the cover.  We don't need for you to send the record back to us.  You can just keep the Mulligan Meets Monk LP.  We can either refund you for the LP or we can send a new copy with your next order.  If you would like a new copy sent, please be sure to write a note in the comment section of your next order and we will include it with your order.  Also, let us know if you would like the replacement opened and checked to make sure the correct LP is inside.  Please let me know how you wish to proceed.

Thank you
Karen

www.soundstagedirect.com
1-877-WAX-TRAX (929-8729)
1-267-247-5051 (International)
The Largest Selection of New Releases and Reissues Online
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: