Tweaked out Bose 901 series 6 mk 2

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: Tweaked out Bose 901 series 6 mk 2
« Reply #260 on: 15 Feb 2012, 01:47 am »
Who's in charge here? Please dispatch this relentless shill now. Block him forever. Put us out of his misery.

HiFiSoundGuy

« Reply #261 on: 15 Feb 2012, 02:12 am »
Who's in charge here? Please dispatch this relentless shill now. Block him forever. Put us out of his misery.

It sure in the H@ll.. not you ! :lol:

I want to see these 901's get a "Fair Review" here !

I know what they sound like with the grills ON !

I bet you all reviewers take off the grills to review all speakers.. :roll: why should the 901's be any different !.. :scratch:  :scratch: 

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #262 on: 15 Feb 2012, 02:45 am »
Mr. Content is the facilitator, and hasn't been around since Dec.  You might send a PM to Rim or George as I think they were also involved in management of this place. 
And as far as this thread, you can't make a spammer go away by replying to him.

HiFiSoundGuy

« Reply #263 on: 15 Feb 2012, 03:03 am »
Mr. Content is the facilitator, and hasn't been around since Dec.  You might send a PM to Rim or George as I think they were also involved in management of this place. 

:duh: So that's what you all call someone that just loves a product and likes to post about it a lot..  :scratch:  :scratch:

konut

• Came for the value, stayed for the drama
« Reply #264 on: 15 Feb 2012, 03:14 am »
If you look at post number #76 in the link below Jeff says he is not going do any of these tweaks I posted here.

I have never heard any speakers that sounded BETTER with the GRILLS ON ! AND the Bose 901's Grills are made of Fiberglass...not GOOD !!

I'm sure Jeff knows this too !

I know Jeff don't want to take off the front grills that are not removable because he wants to resale them BUT.. he can take off the back grills off with no problems and find out that they DO sound better with the Grills OFF...

If Jeff would try tweaks and use Crimson R.M. Music interconnects and speaker cables I bet Jeff would not SELL these 901's....are you listening Jeff ???  :peek:  :surrender:

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=276693&page=4

The 901s I owned years ago, as well as the 800(professional version) had grills that were removable via velcro tabs. If they are not removable now its because Bose did not intend them to be removed. Have you complained to Bose about this? I'm sure you and JD could come to some sort of an agreement provided you agree to purchase the test samples after the modification. Payment in advance of course. Otherwise it MIGHT  be incumbent upon you to STFU.

HiFiSoundGuy

« Reply #265 on: 15 Feb 2012, 03:31 am »
The 901s I owned years ago, as well as the 800(professional version) had grills that were removable via velcro tabs. If they are not removable now its because Bose did not intend them to be removed. Have you complained to Bose about this? I'm sure you and JD could come to some sort of an agreement provided you agree to purchase the test samples after the modification. Payment in advance of course. Otherwise it MIGHT  be incumbent upon you to STFU.

No, I already have 3 pair of these speakers and have no need for another pair.

It looks like if Bose made these grills removable in past 901 speakers they would have kept it like that with these latest 901's.  :scratch:

These latest 901's don't sound that good with these grills on compared to them without...I don't know what Bose was thinking by doing this. 

Mike Nomad

« Reply #266 on: 15 Feb 2012, 05:43 am »

I just pulled the plug on my Satellite dish service a few months ago. Please don't block him forever, I need this thread!

Æ

« Reply #267 on: 15 Feb 2012, 06:15 am »

Dude, you gotta realize by now, he's messing with you. Messing with your head. I was hoping that this thread would die. Let him be and he'll eventually get tired of replying to himself.
He lives in a fantasy world, let him have his fun. No harm, no foul. Sooner or later this thread will go away.
Or. . . post some heavy sh*t and the facilitators will certainly have to bin this thread!

JohnR

« Reply #268 on: 15 Feb 2012, 06:18 am »

Uh... OK, any volunteers?

HiFiSoundGuy

« Reply #269 on: 15 Feb 2012, 06:37 am »
I just pulled the plug on my Satellite dish service a few months ago. Please don't block him forever, I need this thread!

:bowdown:   :green:
« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2012, 01:55 pm by HiFiSoundGuy »

HiFiSoundGuy

« Reply #270 on: 15 Feb 2012, 02:22 pm »

Could you ask Jeff over there on the Steve Hoffman Forum could think about trying some of these Crimson R.M.Music Link interconnects and speaker cables ?

These two together are just so musical and is a emotional experience rather than a listening experience !

They reproduce the artist as close to the recording studio production as possible.

Its very rare to find a pairing like this that makes you feel like it puts you in the recording studio with the artist !

Tell Jeff to let these Crimson cables break in for two weeks 24/7 before judging them.

Let's see what Jeff thinks about this pairing, the way they sound together....I think he will be shocked at the difference...

http://www.austinhifi.com/crimsoncables.html

konut

• Came for the value, stayed for the drama
« Reply #271 on: 15 Feb 2012, 02:42 pm »
     Could you ask Jeff over there on the Steve Hoffman Forum could think about trying some of these Crimson R.M.Music Link interconnects and speaker cables ?

These two together are just so musical and is a emotional experience rather than a listening experience !

They reproduce the artist as close to the recording studio production as possible.

Its very rare to find a pairing like this that makes you feel like it puts you in the recording studio with the artist !

Tell Jeff to let these Crimson cables break in for two weeks 24/7 before judging them.

Let's see what Jeff thinks about this pairing, the way they sound together....I think he will be shocked at the difference...

http://www.austinhifi.com/crimsoncables.html

STFU

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #272 on: 15 Feb 2012, 05:36 pm »
ask him yourself.   :roll:

i bought an original pair of 901's in 1969 at the ripe old age of 13.  i got 'em to sound much better in ~1980, when i used a pink noise generator and eq to give them a flat frequency response.  they were way off, it turned out.  they actually didn't sound half bad.  but, when i finally discovered what a real 2-way monitor and/or floorstander could do, the 901's never played another sound.  there is absolutely zero imaging/soundstaging with them.  yust one big mass of sound.  some folks may still like that; it took me a while to discover really decent sound, in my audio journeys...

ymmv,

doug s.

HiFiSoundGuy

« Reply #273 on: 15 Feb 2012, 09:31 pm »
ask him yourself.   :roll:

i bought an original pair of 901's in 1969 at the ripe old age of 13.  i got 'em to sound much better in ~1980, when i used a pink noise generator and eq to give them a flat frequency response.  they were way off, it turned out.  they actually didn't sound half bad.  but, when i finally discovered what a real 2-way monitor and/or floorstander could do, the 901's never played another sound.  there is absolutely zero imaging/soundstaging with them.  yust one big mass of sound.  some folks may still like that; it took me a while to discover really decent sound, in my audio journeys...

ymmv,

Why do people still think :roll: that all 901's are all the same and nothing has changed all these years... :scratch:

The imaging and soundstage are good with these latest 901's BUT you have to use GOOD interconnects and speaker cables to bring it out good !

Cables are very very very important with these 901's and I found out that they sound their very BEST with (solid core) pure copper interconnects and speaker cables !!..

The Crimson R.M. Music Link cables bring out the very best in these 901's...very emotional and very very addictive !!....  :violin: :drums: :guitar: :rock: :dance:

doug s.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #274 on: 15 Feb 2012, 11:43 pm »
Why do people still think :roll: that all 901's are all the same and nothing has changed all these years... :scratch:

The imaging and soundstage are good with these latest 901's BUT you have to use GOOD interconnects and speaker cables to bring it out good !

Cables are very very very important with these 901's and I found out that they sound their very BEST with (solid core) pure copper interconnects and speaker cables !!..

The Crimson R.M. Music Link cables bring out the very best in these 901's...very emotional and very very addictive !!....  :violin: :drums: :guitar: :rock: :dance:

sorry, hfsg, the one thing about the 901's that hasn't changed is the driver arrangement.  the imaging and soundstaging will therefore be extremely diffuse - one big mass of sound, as i said before - and it will basically suck.  i, too, thought it was pretty cool, when i was younger; i know better now.  cabling will not make a difference...

doug s.

pjchappy

« Reply #275 on: 16 Feb 2012, 12:01 am »
Since this Circle's Facilitator has been MIA for about 6-weeks, I am locking this thread down.

Admittedly, has been quite an amusing thread. . .

Paul