mjosef

Re: Latest Live Shows You've Been To...
« Reply #860 on: 28 Jun 2011, 12:26 am »
Prospect Park Bandshell June 24th...

The Bandwagon featuring Jason Moran's Bandwagon and the Bad Plus
Two trios playing as a unit...was a blast.  :thumb:

Followed by...

Roy Hargrove Quintet
Almost retro 60's Milesian with a funky New Orleans vibe.

Phil A

« Reply #861 on: 28 Jun 2011, 01:46 am »

cliffy

« Reply #862 on: 28 Jun 2011, 03:29 am »
Brett Dennen at the Fox Theater in Oakland, CA on Saturday.

Great venue and good show.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #863 on: 28 Jun 2011, 04:12 am »
Bill Frisell Quartet bout 10 minutes from my house.  Missed Tommy Emmanuel at the same place.  My bad.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #864 on: 4 Jul 2011, 02:19 pm »
Steely Dan at the WAMU Theater, Seattle WA, 7-2-11. This was the first leg of their tour. If you get a chance to see them, DO IT! http://steelydan.com/ They played for about 2 1/2 hours. It was a great show and the band is really, really tight. Everyone a great musician. Lots of songs from Aja and throughout their catelog--some new and lots of older songs.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #865 on: 9 Jul 2011, 03:24 pm »
Neko Case at the Bing Crosby Theater in Spokane, July 7. Not only does she have a great voice, she has tons of personality. Great show!

Nels Ferre

« Reply #866 on: 9 Jul 2011, 03:39 pm »
Primus at  Hard Rock Live 6/4 Orlando Florida, with the Dead Kenny Gs opening.

Absolutely the worst show I have ever seen- avoid at all costs.

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #867 on: 9 Jul 2011, 09:58 pm »
Laura -

Did she sing 'Deep Red Bells', I love that song?

G.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #868 on: 10 Jul 2011, 12:26 am »
Steely Dan at the WAMU Theater, Seattle WA, 7-2-11. This was the first leg of their tour. If you get a chance to see them, DO IT! http://steelydan.com/ They played for about 2 1/2 hours. It was a great show and the band is really, really tight. Everyone a great musician. Lots of songs from Aja and throughout their catelog--some new and lots of older songs.

I have a pair of 4th row seats for one of their shows in Boston in September.  Good to hear that they still put on a good show and play for a good amount of time.

I'll try and take some pics and post when the time comes.

George

vinyl_lady

« Reply #869 on: 11 Jul 2011, 03:11 am »
I have a pair of 4th row seats for one of their shows in Boston in September.  Good to hear that they still put on a good show and play for a good amount of time.

I'll try and take some pics and post when the time comes.

George

George,
color me green with envy for 4th row. My seats were in the 14th row--not bad, but not the 4th. :thumb:

Laura

bummrush

« Reply #870 on: 11 Jul 2011, 03:23 am »
Just got back Lucinda Williams and Freedy Johnson at our towns outdoor amphitheater both acts were super.

mort

« Reply #871 on: 20 Jul 2011, 05:42 am »
Eddie Vedder and Glen Hansard at the Arlene Snitzer concert hall in Portland Oregon. Absolutly phenomanal. Both musicians were top notch! Eddie and Glen did a unpluged version of sleepless nights on the front of the stage. Also preformed was a rare singing of Arc. Wounderful acoustics.

low.pfile

« Reply #872 on: 26 Jul 2011, 08:08 am »
Cults
Bottom of the Hill, SF
super short set, but cheap tix. good monday night diversion

low.pfile

« Reply #873 on: 26 Jul 2011, 01:26 pm »
Eddie Vedder and Glen Hansard at the Arlene Snitzer concert hall in Portland Oregon. Absolutly phenomanal. Both musicians were top notch! Eddie and Glen did a unpluged version of sleepless nights on the front of the stage. Also preformed was a rare singing of Arc. Wounderful acoustics.

Sounds like a great one Mort!

[hitting Return key this time]

ltr317

« Reply #874 on: 26 Jul 2011, 05:23 pm »
Last Saturday, July 23rd, The Feelies at Brooklyn's Prospect Park.  They were f**king awesome live, much better than their albums.  You don't get the energy from their albums like you do when you hear and see them live.  Here Before is their first album in almost 19 years. 

decal

« Reply #875 on: 4 Aug 2011, 01:44 pm »
Caught Hot Tuna last night,what a show!! Jorma and Jack still loving what they do. Barry Mitterhoff is a great addition on mandolin. I spoke with them before the show, very pleasant guys.

sts9fan

« Reply #876 on: 4 Aug 2011, 01:50 pm »
Newport folk fest last Saturday. It was sunny and wonderful. Gotta love Colin Meloy and the Decemberists. 

StereoNut

« Reply #877 on: 4 Aug 2011, 04:24 pm »
I got to see The Marshall Tucker Band (who I've seen before many years back) & Little Feat (who I've never seen before) last night at the NTCB Theater at Westbury. 

From what I can tell, Doug Gray (lead vocalist) was the only original member of Marshall Tucker that's still with the band.  Of course, it would be hard for some of the other founding members (e.g.: Toy & Tommy Caldwell and George McCorkle) to be there, because they've passed away long ago. :-(  Anyway... musically the current lineup still plays great, but unfortunately Gray's vocals are (to be very kind) limited at best. He's still a very engaging "front man", but his voice is shot! The guitar work by both Rick Willis and guest (Outlaws & former MTB member) Chris Hicks was smokin'.  Sax & flute (keyboards too) man, Marcus James Henderson was superb on the woodwinds! He undoubtedly livened things up. MTB was a little "rough around the edges" at times, but all in all they kept my foot tappin'!

Moving on to Little Feat; who was the headliner last night.  With the exception of one founding member (Bill Payne) the band consists of various bandmates who've joined 'Feat over the years. Payne heads an extremely talented group, who are very well rehearsed.  The variations between electric and acoustic guitar, along with some mandolin mixed in kept things interesting. A welcomed surprise (to me at least) was Fred Tackett.  Yes, his guitar and mandolin playing was wonderful - but his trumpet work was what I really loved.  I wished he played it more than the one song he showcased it on.  Considering that I am not a "dyed-in-the-wool" Feat fan, I enjoyed their set more than I would've originally thought.

Overall, a fun night.  :thumb:

ltr317

« Reply #878 on: 4 Aug 2011, 06:18 pm »

The Raveonettes - Beekman Beer Garden (NYC) on July 31st.  Great show.

mort

« Reply #879 on: 19 Aug 2011, 02:54 pm »
Soundgarden and queens of the Stone-Age at the gorge.