Jim's curly cherry SongTower RT's for sale - TRADED

jsalk

Jim just took delivery about a little over a week ago of a new pair of SongTower RT's in curly cherry.

Unfortunately, his designer had a custom A/V cabinet built and it took up so much room, there wasn't room left for floor-standing speakers. So he has no choice but to put them up for sale. (At least that is my understanding of the situation.)

These are BRAND NEW SongTower RT's.  The current price for them is $2895, plus shipping.  They are currently located in PA.

If you are looking for a pair of very nice RT's and don't want to wait to have a pair built, this might be a great opportunity.

Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of the speakers before they shipped.  So perhaps Jim will post some pictures of them himself.

Jim will post the details.

- Jim
« Last Edit: 26 Sep 2015, 05:15 pm by jsalk »

jrossi5757

Re: Jim's curly cherry SongTower RT's for sale
« Reply #1 on: 10 Aug 2015, 09:30 pm »
I am selling these BRAND NEW $2895 Salk SongTower RT speakers with the ribbon tweeter upgrade and the cherry finish for $2300 plus shipping.  That is a 20% reduction in cost.  That's $600 less than what you would pay if your ordered them.  I am doing this for a quick sale.  This is a GREAT deal!  If you are interested please contact me at jim.rossi@vishay.com

« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2015, 09:10 pm by jrossi5757 »

jrossi5757

« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2015, 08:17 pm by jrossi5757 »

jsalk

« Reply #3 on: 12 Aug 2015, 08:08 pm »
Jim was having a little trouble posting here, so I will do it for him.  Here are his comments (and a photo)...

As Jim said, I just took delivery about a week ago of a new pair of SongTower RT's in curly cherry.  They're absolutely gorgeous and perfect in every way.  They are BRAND NEW.

Unfortunately, we recently went through a complete remodel and we hired a designer who had no clue about audio cabinets.  She built an A/V cabinet that is so wide there wasn't room left for floor-standing speakers. I thought I could get away with using the SongTowers as they are only 7 inches wide.  But I didn't account for the bases.  As you can see from the photo the speakers block a portion of the hallway and prevent the closet from opening.  So I have no choice but to put them up for sale.

The current price for BRAND NEW SongTower RT's is $2895, plus shipping.

If you are interested you can contact me at my email address: jim.rossi@vishay.com.

fritzspeakers

• Industry Participant
  • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
    • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
« Reply #4 on: 13 Aug 2015, 02:57 am »
Keep the speakers & get rid of the designer and that goofy cabinet.  How wide did they make the shelves?  Looks like 24 inches.  Have them build you another cabinet or get your money back.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #5 on: 13 Aug 2015, 03:05 am »
Yes, sorry to say this but that cabinet doesn't work. The speakers on the other hand are beautiful. You're listing the wrong item.

Q3Di

« Reply #6 on: 13 Aug 2015, 10:13 pm »
Nice speakers! You should keep the speakers and sell the cabinet. I suggest you to build a new cabinet that meets your requirements and match with the speakers and decor. Maybe Jim can finish it in the same veneer.

brother love

« Reply #7 on: 13 Aug 2015, 10:36 pm »
I would seriously consider having the audio cabinet modified to fit the space better (looks like removing one of the three sections would do the trick).  If that isn't feasible, I agree with the others: replace the cabinet with a smaller width unit to better fit the space.

charmerci

« Reply #8 on: 13 Aug 2015, 11:40 pm »
Nice speakers! You should keep the speakers and sell the cabinet. I suggest you to build a new cabinet that meets your requirements and match with the speakers and decor. Maybe Jim can finish it in the same veneer.

Jim can build the new cabinet too!

PSB Guy

« Reply #9 on: 14 Aug 2015, 12:19 am »
Gotta agree with most of the people here...ditch or modify the cabinet, keep the speakers.

Cornelis

jrossi5757

« Reply #10 on: 21 Aug 2015, 09:10 pm »
I am selling these BRAND NEW $2895 Salk SongTower RT speakers with the ribbon tweeter upgrade and the cherry finish for $2300 plus shipping.  That is a 20% reduction in cost.  That's $600 less than what you would pay if your ordered them.  I am doing this for a quick sale.  This is a GREAT deal!  If you are interested please contact me at jim.rossi@vishay.com