Sonore APPS - ISO2DSD

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: Sonore APPS - ISO2DSD
« Reply #20 on: 7 Feb 2015, 10:05 pm »
?  Getting the ISO files is tedious?  I don't think you understand that this tool REQUIRES the ISO file.  This tool extracts either stereo or multichannel (if available) DSF/DFF content from the ISO (same thing the command level sacd_extract.exe does except via a GUI).  Of the 8000 or more SACDs only 1 or 2 have no stereo DSD layer.  And by the way, the ISO2DSD tool does NOT touch or extract redbook.  Dual means stereo DSD (DSF or DFF).

jshowalter

« Reply #21 on: 7 Feb 2015, 10:13 pm »
I launch it, select Server Input, and it *obtains* an iso file. It sounds like I should always just set it to Multi, although maybe neither Dual or Multi applies when obtaining the iso.

ted_b

• Volunteer
« Reply #22 on: 7 Feb 2015, 10:30 pm »
I launch it, select Server Input, and it *obtains* an iso file. It sounds like I should always just set it to Multi, although maybe neither Dual or Multi applies when obtaining the iso.

You are confused about what the tool does.  It does not "obtain" an ISO, you point it to your ISOs that you own (for server input you have to first rip the ISO off of an SACD via the PS3 ripper, making sure all your ripper software is installed and your disc is ready...called the netwrok daemon). 

Then, once you find an ISO, you decide whether you will extract the multichannel layer off the ISO (need a multichannel DAC for that) or the stereo layer off the ISO (aka "dual", need a stereo DSD DAC for that).  Period.  Do not extract multichannel if you don;t have a multichannel DSD DAC (like exaSound e28). 

If you just want to use the server input to save an ISO choose ISO.  But then extraction to stereo or multichannel DSD files is going to need for you to be doing it again with a local ISO.

jshowalter

« Reply #23 on: 7 Feb 2015, 11:10 pm »
There's a handshake between iso2dsd and the ps3, and I can do everything from the iso2dsd GUI.

But it turns out all I want to do is just invoke the handshake, to get the initial iso file. I don't need iso2dsd for anything after that.

I play the resulting iso file directly with JRiver. I don't need to extract anything from the iso.

In which case, my question about Dual vs. Multi is moot.

I was afraid the Dual vs. Multi would affect what was in the iso, but it does not.

(I'm planning to play the iso files with JRiver in the office and at work.)

ted_b

• Volunteer
« Reply #24 on: 7 Feb 2015, 11:24 pm »
Yes, ISOs play back in JRIver (you never mentioned you wanted to play ISOs, you started with multichannel extraction).  All good...took a long windy road :)  but all good.

BTW, write yourself a simple custom view in JRIver so that your ISOs only show 2 channel tracks (so you don't accidentally play the mch ones).
file type is SACD, channels less than or equal to 2.

jshowalter

« Reply #25 on: 7 Feb 2015, 11:27 pm »
Thanks! And sorry for the confusion in my question--today is the first day I tried setting up any of this.

jshowalter

« Reply #26 on: 8 Feb 2015, 03:46 am »
Rats. Everything was going fine, but now, several disks in, when I click Execute, the ps3 briefly displays "Client: connected", but returns to "Client: none". Rebooting the ps3 and the desktop doesn't fix it. Any ideas.

jshowalter

« Reply #27 on: 8 Feb 2015, 04:03 am »
Face palm. It was a Blu-ray, not an SACD. Connected/flash/not connected is the game's way of communicating that!

audiotone

« Reply #28 on: 5 May 2015, 09:28 pm »
Hi
installed Java 64 bit on my ubuntu studio 14.04 OS...

extracted iso2dsd files in same folder

nothing happens when I press execute...

could anybody help me?

audiotone

« Reply #29 on: 7 May 2015, 04:50 pm »
Hi
installed Java 64 bit on my ubuntu studio 14.04 OS...

extracted iso2dsd files in same folder

nothing happens when I press execute...

could anybody help me?

My genius son has found the solution.
The problem was that the required libraries/binaries weren't present in the distributed .zip for Linux.
Which is actually logical, but they should've added some instructions.

Downloading and compiling the code is pretty straight forward.
Best install cmake and subversion if you dont already have them:
Open your terminal and execute the following three commands:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install subversion
sudo apt-get install cmake

Then to download and compile the sacd_extract tool that's required for this GUI tool.
I had the ripping tool located at ~/Muziek/iso2dsd_gui.jar

So it comes down to downloading some code, compiling it and moving the compiled result (the compiled executable binary version, for your flavor of linux, of sacd_extract).
1) open your terminal
2) cd ~/Muziek (or wherever the .jar tool is)
3) svn checkout http://sacd-ripper.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ sacd-ripper
4) cd sacd-ripper/tools/sacd_extract/
5) cmake .
6) make
7) cp sacd_extract ~/Muziek

The last step will copy the actual compiled tool into the same directory as the GUI so that the GUI tool can use this command-line tool to actually rip the iso.

Open the rip tool and rip your iso!!!
Happy ripping

Credits: http://sacd-ripper.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/readme

mnilan

« Reply #30 on: 7 May 2015, 07:36 pm »
Folks:
Apparently I'm having an issue with my Loki which has distracted me.  However, when I try to run ISO2DSD (after setting the Terminal for the file where my ISO files are) I get this:

/Users/Mike/Downloads/iso2dsd_OSX_v5/sacd_extract ; exit;
Mac-ac87a318b227:~ Mike$ /Users/Mike/Downloads/iso2dsd_OSX_v5/sacd_extract ; exit;
libsacdread: Can't stat /dev/cdrom
No such file or directory

And then I am logged out and Terminal gleefully reports:  [Process Completed].  But nothing is changed, no DSD files anywhere I can find...

I'm lost...  I know NOTHING of Unix, so that maybe a factor in how lost I am.  Please advise.
Thanks,
Mike

DMM

« Reply #31 on: 3 Jun 2015, 06:30 pm »
The problem was that the required libraries/binaries weren't present in the distributed .zip for Linux.
Which is actually logical, but they should've added some instructions.

Downloading and compiling the code is pretty straight forward.

If your operating system is 64 bits, no need to do anything about it. No packages for different platforms are needed, only the generic binary for your OS.
All he did was to recompile the binary (the same one included in the zip)...

Probably the first did not work because I did not execute permissions [right click (the binary sacd_extract)> properties > allow run a program or > Terminal > chmod+x sacd_extract]

One way to check whether the program works: Open a terminal where the binary is sacd_extract (the ISO2DSD folder) and type:
Code: [Select]
./sacd_extract -hif there is any problem, the terminal will indicate...

If your operating system is 32 bits, the binary will not work and then yes, you should compile...

In any case you can also copy (or create a symbolic link) sacd_extract binary to your PATH (such as /usr/local/bin /) and use directly as a command line program...

Sorry for my english

DMM

« Reply #32 on: 3 Jun 2015, 06:46 pm »
Folks:
Apparently I'm having an issue with my Loki which has distracted me.  However, when I try to run ISO2DSD (after setting the Terminal for the file where my ISO files are) I get this:

/Users/Mike/Downloads/iso2dsd_OSX_v5/sacd_extract ; exit;
Mac-ac87a318b227:~ Mike$ /Users/Mike/Downloads/iso2dsd_OSX_v5/sacd_extract ; exit;
libsacdread: Can't stat /dev/cdrom
No such file or directory

And then I am logged out and Terminal gleefully reports:  [Process Completed].  But nothing is changed, no DSD files anywhere I can find...

I'm lost...  I know NOTHING of Unix, so that maybe a factor in how lost I am.  Please advise.
Thanks,
Mike
Do not speak English (use google translator)
GUI does not need to use the terminal ... Please specify the ISO file directly from the GUI.
Apparently you are using the command line with no parameters, and the program tries to read from the optical drive.
If you use the command line should indicate where the iso file is (with full path), preceded by the -i switch
But (I repeat) if you use the GUI, none of this is necessary only with the selector indicating where to find the iso

shelleyfrank

« Reply #33 on: 17 Aug 2015, 03:49 am »
If you want, I can provide the compiled binary for linux 32 bit. Works with the gui

Sorry for my english

I am a new user and I do apologise for replying to a really old thread. However, I cannot see the point in opening a new thread for my special request  :oops:..

I would like to use ISO2DSD on a 32 bit linux machine, and googling for a 32 bit version of sacd_compile keeps bringing me back to this point.. The audiocircle user DDM has provided a 32bit compile of sacd_extract to other users on request. I am hoping that the file would still be available somehow. It would be a godsend if a compassionate user could share it somewhere on the web. Special thanks of course to DDM who has compiled it in the first place.

shelleyfrank

« Reply #34 on: 17 Aug 2015, 09:57 am »
No worries, I managed to compile from source  :thumb:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #35 on: 17 Aug 2015, 11:55 pm »
Will this run on Windows 10? 

vortecjr

• Facilitator
  • the sound has to be in concert with the music....
    • Sonore by Simple Design
« Reply #36 on: 21 Aug 2015, 12:27 am »
Will this run on Windows 10? 

Yes...it should work.

Jesus R

chrisl

« Reply #37 on: 21 Aug 2015, 05:16 am »
I can't seem to get iso2dsd to pick up my server.  I just got the program, and used the IP address shown on my Synology nas, and even the IP address under Network in System Preferences.
2014 mac mini/yosemite.  All didn't work. "Can't open ...addy...for reading"

I'm not that great about understanding how IP address's work.  So I appreciate any help.

Chris

ted_b

• Volunteer
« Reply #38 on: 21 Aug 2015, 01:21 pm »
Server mode is for the daemon server (PS3) to extract as part of the ripping/extraction process.  You'd be better off first mapping your NAS shared folder(s) to your Mac Mini, then pointing ISO2DSF at them.  That's what I do.

chrisl

« Reply #39 on: 21 Aug 2015, 06:50 pm »
Thanks Ted.  I didn't know how, so I found this:  http://osxdaily.com/2010/09/20/map-a-network-drive-on-a-mac/

and used this section:  How to Map a Network Drive / Server to Mac OS X

It's visible under shared in the Finder, and I even mounted them to the desktop too.  But still, iso2dsd still isn't seeing the mounted file, even when I look at the desktop.  This should be working.